Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Hi there,

Some light news about Chaos in PA2 via Kikasstou: The following Legions will have access to new warlord traits, stratagems and relics through the book: Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Iron Warriors and Night Lords. No doctrines, no new and updated Legion traits.

Black Legion, Renegades, Death Guard and Thousand Sons will get nothing in this book.

A bit frustrating but as he hasn't mentioned specifically "no new characters, minis or units"... well I know what hope is but still...

Celtic_Cauldron

...no new and updated Legion traits..

Aw man, I was hoping for my Emperors Children vehicles to gain something, let's hope it's not completely true. :) Edited by Slaanbull

Kikasstou did say before they would get the standalone boxes for the shadowspear kits around this release, and if the rumour image holds up, a new sorc mini aswell.

BT will get plenty more meat on their bone, and I did not expect so many Chaos Legions receiving stuff.

Maybe BT will have a bigger release and focus than I expected, and maybe there will not be a BT VS Chaos box set this time.

Edited by Sete

Did chaos marines get much in their updated codex (so not as due for a buff)?

New unit entries from Shadowspear and Vigilus Ablaze, none of the new renegade traits, relics etc, Black Legion updates. Seems like they left out the Shadowspear Warlord traits as well. No changes to existing stuff other than that.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking forward to hearing some more about the supplement come november, been having a hard time customising as much as my imperial playing buddies. :)

Would be cool if they add a simple daemonic weapon addition just like how mastercrafted weapons work?

No updated Legion traits is a bit of a pisstake. Wouldn't require much effort on their behalf and it's so obvious we need it. If they're not updating the Legion traits then presumably we're not getting access to them on vehicles either.

Still...new warlord traits/stratagems/relics for those Legions is a good thing. I hope each will be getting something comparable to what the Black Legion got in Vigilus Ablaze.

The following Legions will have access to new warlord traits, stratagems and relics through the book: Word Bearers, Alpha Legion, Emperor's Children, World Eaters, Iron Warriors and Night Lords.

This is the most concerning part.

Not if you consider that could be a first flavour for future specific supplements / Codexes on those two.

Celtic_Cauldron

Not if you consider that could be a first flavour for future specific supplements / Codexes on those two.

Celtic_Cauldron

Depends on what they do with them. But it at least says to me that they have no plans to have them involved, on their own, in a future Volume of Psychic Awakening, since they're being lumped in with the Undivided Legions.

Celtic_Cauldron

Depends on what they do with them. But it at least says to me that they have no plans to have them involved, on their own, in a future Volume of Psychic Awakening, since they're being lumped in with the Undivided Legions.

You're most likely right, and based on this & other trends I don't think we'll see either get a full release as part of PA (or at any point in the near future). But the silver lining here is that if any company is going to be willing to invalidate rules that customers paid for within 6 months of release, it's GW :P

You're most likely right, and based on this & other trends I don't think we'll see either get a full release as part of PA (or at any point in the near future). But the silver lining here is that if any company is going to be willing to invalidate rules that customers paid for within 6 months of release, it's GW :tongue.:

That's true too. I remember when they released that Traitor Legions supplement just a few months before 8th dropped. This isn't the same as an Edition change, but it's also "just" a campaign book.

You're most likely right, and based on this & other trends I don't think we'll see either get a full release as part of PA (or at any point in the near future). But the silver lining here is that if any company is going to be willing to invalidate rules that customers paid for within 6 months of release, it's GW :tongue.:

That's true too. I remember when they released that Traitor Legions supplement just a few months before 8th dropped. This isn't the same as an Edition change, but it's also "just" a campaign book.

Please don't remind me this. My eyes are still bleeding when I remember this.

Celtic_Cauldron

This is honestly getting frustrating.....Super happy for TS and DG but it really sucks for EC and WE......I wish we could just have our troop choices at least.  So....BT is just fighting "Chaos"? Like a hey pick your chaos for them to fight or are they all fighting BT together? uhhhhhh

This is honestly getting frustrating.....Super happy for TS and DG but it really sucks for EC and WE......I wish we could just have our troop choices at least.  So....BT is just fighting "Chaos"? Like a hey pick your chaos for them to fight or are they all fighting BT together? uhhhhhh

Rules =/= fluff. I doubt all Eldar Craftworlds, Cabals, Covens, etc. are involved in the narrative of Phoenix Rising, but that doesn't mean they can't get shiny things like the rest.

I think this will be BT vs lets say Word Bearers for example, and then the other legions will have rules on the book aswell despite not being part of it, like BT had on Vigilus.

Im more concerned about model support for the factions involved to be honest.

GW still has the NL and IW dude on resin and a couple upgrade sprues (NL and EC) on the site, that I would like to see replaced for new ones.

Especially NL.

There is the old sorc in power armour that, again going by rumours could be replaced, thus giving all "chaos" a new miniature, along with the box release of the Vigilus kits.

We are roughly one month and a half to the release going by rumours and zero official info whatsoever.

Edited by Sete

Dont forget that the only reason why GW released any info on the arcoflagents that are in the sisters box (before the next BSB onmonday) was because of a leak in the china distribution chain... GW play everything close to the chest these days - expect 0 official info without leaks before pre-order time

Dont forget that the only reason why GW released any info on the arcoflagents that are in the sisters box (before the next BSB onmonday) was because of a leak in the china distribution chain... GW play everything close to the chest these days - expect 0 official info without leaks before pre-order time

That's definitely true......wellll in that case, YO  WHOT GOT DEM WORLD EATER LEAKS

I am not expecting a box set on PA2 release.

BT: Primaris Emperor Champion Upgrade sprue

Chaos: Sorc and Vigilus kits.

This book might be Imperium vs Chaos and not BT vs Chaos.

The location is close to the eye of terror, so I suppose its the imperial counter attack on the cadia system as described on gathering storm.

I am not expecting a box set on PA2 release.

BT: Primaris Emperor Champion Upgrade sprue

Chaos: Sorc and Vigilus kits.

This book might be Imperium vs Chaos and not BT vs Chaos.

The location is close to the eye of terror, so I suppose its the imperial counter attack on the cadia system as described on gathering storm.

I dunno, I could see a box set. Locking the new characters to them for 4-6 months to sell them

Banshees mask rule prevents overwatch.

I am loving these thematic fun rules.

I'm really hoping the emperor champ rumor is real.

Think of his fluffy rules.

Might have to buy him, after all he was my first model ever in 40k.

Edited by Triszin