Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Crossposting what SFpanzer posted elsewhere, this looks like a very legit leak to me.

02.jpg.fb6a535e79e2bf078879c1a61ec8f2b9.

01.jpg.746d8924c8fbca02537a926417b4c3cb.

Psychic Awakening: Blood of Baal then next Kikasstou has not been wrong on anything yet.

I see Space Wolves get a battleforce alongside the rest of the factions that were rumoured to be in the books, but no Orks.

There is however one for T'au, based on the battleforces I would think book 4 might be Space Wolves vs T'au.

Also would confirm the rumors that a Chaos Sorcerer and Mephiston will be the new models accompanying both books.

Edited by Taliesin

I see Space Wolves get a battleforce alongside the rest of the factions that were rumoured to be in the books, but no Orks.

There is however one for T'au, based on the battleforces I would think book 4 might be Space Wolves vs T'au.

Battleforce boxes are completely separate and have nothing to do with other releases. Also there's no way the T'au would get where PA4 is supposed to be. They don't have FTL travel and barely got roughly in the direction to Baal thanks to their new accidentally created wormhole.

apparently as said else where (FB) GW have done a limited/LCB run of the old metal teams a little while before /overlapping the release of the new teams.

IF this is the case then that list makes 100% sense

All the fluff has him being massive by marine standards.

Additionally, all the fluff flat-out states his body is breaking down due to his psychic powers. So him undergoing the Rubcion would be a BAD IDEA per the fluff (as he'd very likely die, and VERY LIKELY explode into a warp rift because of it)

honestly, if they wanted it, the could have that doing the rubicon would regenerate him completely and make his body more stable. Not saying that'll happen, just saying I could easily see them going either way with it, if they really wanted.

There's no "if they really wanted" about it. Do you think they're gonna let a little bit of flavour text stop them from selling a new model for one of the most popular characters? Or do you think they're gonna take the chance to fluff it out as PRIMARIS MEPHISTON: LIKE MEPHISTON FUSED WITH ANOTHER MEPHISTON.

414_4845208.42430.3242411_v1_square.png

It could be that it's a redone Mephiston who is subtly larger in size than a normal marine and thus has been confused for a Primaris release. Not overly invested in it one way or the other, just a possibility.

It could be that it's a redone Mephiston who is subtly larger in size than a normal marine and thus has been confused for a Primaris release. Not overly invested in it one way or the other, just a possibility.

There's a difference between a technical possibility and a real possibility.

Weren't the cypher lords released alongside the Warcry box set - for me, that they should be included in that list, along with precisely every rumour that's been released so far, but no new information... Starts alarm bells ringing imo

Weren't the cypher lords released alongside the Warcry box set - for me, that they should be included in that list, along with precisely every rumour that's been released so far, but no new information... Starts alarm bells ringing imo

Or shortly there after - they are available now, as are all the gangs on the list from Warcry.

Very interesting indeed. I wonder if that indicates a Fabius/Lucius/DE connection somewhere down the road.

That would be pretty sweet actually, always fancied runing my Hellbound with a Dark Eldar Haermonculous covern, really nail home the Hellraiser asthetic that Im running with. 

Or shortly there after - they are available now, as are all the gangs on the list from Warcry.

Actually, given that they're being released around the time of a Slaves to Darkness AoS book, I see it as being the same as how the Warhammer Underworlds/Shadespire bands got both an "Underworlds release" and an "AoS release". We've already had the Warcry releases for these warbands, but I fully expect them to be included in the Slaves to Darkness book, so can see GW releasing them without the Warcry cards included.

Russ appears.

Maybe it's Russ's acknowledgement that he is a psyker after all, and his magic weather control shamans have been warp wyrds the whole time? That's a huge awakening. 

That said, Endless Spells 40k seems about right. What was that old marine spell with the ancient beast of myth that runs in a straight line 18" from the psyker? I'm sure people would like a giant fist floating about the battlefield to represent "Assail".

Realistically, Mankind has been on the cusp of a psychic awakening since 30,000 in the fluff. It's why the emperor wanted to protect them from the warp. With the great tear in the sky, stands to reason a lot of latent warp powers will be activated. 

So to sum up, looks like we get Book 2 on pre-order on November 23rd and then Book 3 one week later.

Surprising, but very excellent if true.

Book 4 better be no later than January. Preferably mid January

Think Anne Margaret's not coming/we're not getting endless psychic powers with PA

With the weekend's pre order announcements the leaked release list looks to be accurate. I'm afraid it's completely killed my interest in the psychic awakening. GW are very good at ramping up the hype and generating speculation but looking at the books and the paltry releases that support them it seems not very much happens at all, although if I collected one of the featured sub factions I guess they might be interesting background reading. Not enough interesting progression to get me to buy into the series though and I'd be interested to know how many people are intending to pick up each of these books.

Missed opportunities abound. IIRC the Lictor is still finecast and could have been plasticised to support the third book. BT could have had an upgrade sprue. I had high hopes that some less loved factions would be given some attention but it's looking very unlikely.