Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

I heard from somewhere (that I now cannot quite remember) that Necrons would be the BA's opponents as the ceasefire brought about by the Nid invasion breaks down.

However I think the leaked release list showed Nid models (Hive Tyrant and Termagant repacks) coming out at the same time so continuing the Shield/Devastation of Baal storyline seems likely.

The French rumours said Nids, and they've been accurate so far, so for the moment I'm inclined to believe they'll be the main menace. But with that said Necrons will probably be involved too, but they might just be part of the fluff and get their rules and/or releases later.

Edited by DeadFingers

I think we will get between 3-4 "Primarcg tier" characters over 2020. Call me crazy.

Pa will introduce 2 by the end of it, beast ghaz, GLORIOUS ROGAL DORN.

Fixed that for you :)

Dorn has a time an place. He is the wall, the eternal crusader. Whether his place is to hold off a beast, the traitor or the nid, is still yet to be determined.

I imagine one will happen eventually, yeah. I just don’t know that there’s any that are in the works right now. GW kinda set Guilliman up as the Imperium’s own god-creature/exemplar type thing, which makes more sense to new players when there’s one of them than if there’s two.

Like, I could be wrong and Russ Returns could be announced tomorrow or whatever, who knows. Just doesn’t seem as inevitable and planned as is often discussed.

Except that it's the Emperor who said Guilliman is in charge and unless he tells the others the same (why should he?) or takes it back their claim simply isn't as valid.

Edited by sfPanzer

Well I mean they could just go to Terra and try to ask him. If they don't do that or get ignored by the Emperor then it's Guillimans and the Custodes words of what the Emperor has said against theirs.

Don't forget, several Primarchs had no ambition of running the show. Neither Corax nor Russ showed any real interest in politics, prefering to stick to what they did best. The Lion was sore about being passed over as Warmaster but had largely settled his differences with Guilliman by the end of Imperium Secundus.

To be honest, if the Lion came back and demanded to be made Warmaster, I can actually see Guilliman accepting that. Having someone else to run around and put out the bush fires would allow him some time to actually try and rebuild the Imperium rather than just trying to stop it collapsing.

As to why we think there will be another Primarch, we are just optimists. :biggrin.: GW said that any future Primarchs would be part of big campaign events and PA certainly fits the bill. Whether we will actually get one or not (and who it might be) remains to be seen.

If anything Valdor could come back before any Primarch.

I'm certain some friction between him and Guilliman would appear.

I think valdor is with Russ, if I am not mistaken. So his return would probably mean the return of Russ as their gates are intertwined. I just hope valdor has tutored Russ into a wiser figure.

If anything Valdor could come back before any Primarch.

I'm certain some friction between him and Guilliman would appear.

I think valdor is with Russ, if I am not mistaken. So his return would probably mean the return of Russ as their gates are intertwined. I just hope valdor has tutored Russ into a wiser figure.

Valdor trains Russ to be wiser.

Russ trains valdor to be more decisive and to take charge and lead instead of waiting for orders.

If there is a loyalist primarch returning my bet is it will be the lion. Space marines have their supplements. Mephiston is coming and French rumors that listed him also had Ragnar coming in PA3. So the lion would make sense as the DA release if they get one.

Looking forward to a new Ragnar. Not fussed about the Lion as I would have preferred Russ.

I agree. Would be a nice finale for PA to have the next loyalist primarch released, which, going by rumours, would be the lion and his boys in robes

Another Primarch would make a great conclusion to PA. The Lion makes a good candidate for a return since he fulfils the same criteria as Guilliman before his resurrection. His location is known, his status is known and all that is needed now is a trigger. Returning any of the other Loyalist Primarchs would involve a fair bit of exposition to explain what they have been doing for the last 9000 years (unless they invoke wibbly wobbly timey wimey :tongue.:).

If there is a loyalist primarch returning my bet is it will be the lion. Space marines have their supplements. Mephiston is coming and French rumors that listed him also had Ragnar coming in PA3. So the lion would make sense as the DA release if they get one.

Not gonna say it'll be the one or another, however using Mephiston as argument barely works considering that BA simply don't have an alive Primarch anymore and that UM already got another two Primaris characters on top of their Primarch. ^^

Edited by sfPanzer