Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Like expecting a char and a sprue is overhyping? Allow me to disagree.

That is the bare minimum one would expect, receiving the same treatment as the other CSM chapters, dont you agree?

Ultramarines getting focus on Vigilus didn't stop them getting those later now did it? Hell, Sisters are meant to be getting a big showing in PA2 and we know they're due more, separate models at a later date.

Lore books =/= Dedicated faction supplement

Games Workshop probably just hope Black Templar players will splash out for PA2 in the same way they did for Blood Angels/Crimson Fists in White Dwarf despite supplements/updates coming barely months later for them.

Edited by Lord Marshal

I'm looking at the PA series of books as separate chapters of one book. Chapter one? Fail for me. A bunch of things happen wrt various Aeldari factions, in no particular order, in no specific time frame. It really showed the weakness inherent in downplaying any sort of overarching chronology for the setting (something I was initially okay with).

Will I still be picking up the remaining books? Of course; only first chapter as stated. Plenty of time to "save the book". Sadly though, it seems the best fluff is coming from BL and not GW.

Ultramarines getting focus on Vigilus didn't stop them getting those later now did it? 

When has anything ever stopped ultramarines getting anything? :biggrin.:

Speculation: Draco is the BT character in PA2, he fights the Word Bearers who tells him the Imperial Faith is based on the teachings of Lorgar. He brings it up later to some inquisitor, and is excommunicated for it. It would fit with the mention from the IF supplement. His deeds "too horrible to even name" is probably something really mundane to an outside viewer, but tantamount to questioning the Imperial Faith, in universe.

Edited by Reinhard

Rumour is nids not getting anything and BA mephiston, book 4 ghaz vs Ragnar.

I see your point Marshal, but I am yet to see a reason to splash some money on PA2.

Reinhard brings up a good point.

Could be Draco on PA2. That would explain why he suddenly appeared out of nowhere on Tor Garodon bio.

Which means hes gonna purge a lot of people.

The lack of rumors for DA stuff is starting to make me a little worried that they are just going to get crammed into another book. We really need rules updates more than just about any other marine army (or faction in general) but I'm worried they are just going to get very minor tweaks and nothing else

The lack of rumors for DA stuff is starting to make me a little worried that they are just going to get crammed into another book. We really need rules updates more than just about any other marine army (or faction in general) but I'm worried they are just going to get very minor tweaks and nothing else

They did get that tiny white dwarf thing. But I don't think that counts

Or it could mean that their appearance in Psychic Awakening is beyond Volume 4 as we haven't heard anything beyond Orks vs. Wolves except that there will be more books.

If they're using PA to make Mephiston and Ragnar cross the Rubicon, it wouldn't surprise me to see Azrael or some other DA character get the same treatment.

Edited by DeadFingers

If DAngels are coming out close to last, then I think we'll be seeing the lion rather than Russ as the expected primarch release for PA. Maybe he'll arrive with an updated fallen kit! Would love to see some robed mkiii

Plot twist- its going to be Luther with a fallen kit instead. Someone like Luther or Valdor should show up before another loyalist primarch IMO

Plot twist- its going to be Luther with a fallen kit instead. Someone like Luther or Valdor should show up before another loyalist primarch IMO

I understand Luther showing up before the Lion because the Fallen amassing with a proper leader would be exactly the kind of narrative needed for the cat to stop napping, but why Valdor?

Edited by DeadFingers

I understand Luther showing up before the Lion because the Fallen amassing with a proper leader would be exactly the kind of narrative needed for the cat to stop napping, but why Valdor?

Because why not at this point? Anything seems possible these days. Go back in time 5-10+ years and tell people that Eldar would resurrect RG and you would be labeled a crackpot, or we would get Space Marine SPACE MARINES, because a primarch knows better than the Emperor with new advanced tech from an actual Ad Mech SCIENTIST who INVENTS, tech nothing like it since the crusade/ Age of Strife pinnacle tech. All bets and brakes are off, lets drive this delorian straight to the future. :teehee: