Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Pyskic awakening....

The spears of the emperor have woken up.

Gungir, and it's twin, have awoken.

Valdor and Russ return!!!

*Runs around passing out tinfoil spears*

Russ returns at the Pinnacle of the psykic awakening...

As a guide and mentor not only to Robby, but to psykers...

The hyocrite, has accepted what he is and mattered the runes. And will now guide humanities awakening safely.

Angron shows up at the battle of armegeddon next summer

Also ghaz is before both.

Runs around chanting

Edited by Triszin

If there is a loyalist primarch returning my bet is it will be the lion. Space marines have their supplements. Mephiston is coming and French rumors that listed him also had Ragnar coming in PA3. So the lion would make sense as the DA release if they get one.

Not gonna say it'll be the one or another, however using Mephiston as argument barely works considering that BA simply don't have an alive Primarch anymore and that UM already got another two Primaris characters on top of their Primarch. ^^

IMO psychic Awakening won't double back and cover a fraction twice. That's my main reason behind thinking it would be the lion. I also don't think they would bring back a primarch like dorn or corax after recently printing supplements.

I don't understand how ultramarines having multiple characters has to do with anything I said? None of them were released with psychic awakening and they are the poster boys.

If there is a loyalist primarch returning my bet is it will be the lion. Space marines have their supplements. Mephiston is coming and French rumors that listed him also had Ragnar coming in PA3. So the lion would make sense as the DA release if they get one.

Not gonna say it'll be the one or another, however using Mephiston as argument barely works considering that BA simply don't have an alive Primarch anymore and that UM already got another two Primaris characters on top of their Primarch. ^^

IMO psychic Awakening won't double back and cover a fraction twice. That's my main reason behind thinking it would be the lion. I also don't think they would bring back a primarch like dorn or corax after recently printing supplements.

I don't understand how ultramarines having multiple characters has to do with anything I said? None of them were released with psychic awakening and they are the poster boys.

Simple. You didn't mention that you don't think that GW isn't going to give any faction attention twice in PA or even that you're limiting it on just PA, so listing the UM Primaris characters released outside of PA was a valid counter-argument.

That being said I can easily see GW going back to a faction they already focussed on to double down and give them something as big as a Primarch. We still don't know for sure just how big an event PA will be and how many books and boxes they plan to release for it.

Is there a thread anywhere going over the actual lore of Psychic Awakening/so far?

Any big reveals from PA1: the Eldar one? Or is the whole “will shake up the fabric of the setting!” thing typical GW Saturday morning cartoon hot air.

Edited by Indefragable

Or is the whole “will shake up the fabric of the setting!” thing typical GW Saturday morning cartoon hot air.

That one, unless they put out a Primarch, Primork, Daemon Primarch or Emps gets up or something.

Ghaz would be the first step, but it really depends on what they do with him in Volume 4 and/or what they set up for him to be doing later on.

My guess is the last book in the series will have big implications but the rest wont

Something something the warp something all old marines are dead and Primaris is all thats left. Imperium wins and Chaos goes home, Eldar just stand around doing nothing as usual and the other races just carry on doing their thing. 

Or is the whole “will shake up the fabric of the setting!” thing typical GW Saturday morning cartoon hot air.

That one, unless they put out a Primarch, Primork, Daemon Primarch or Emps gets up or something.
Ghaz would be the first step, but it really depends on what they do with him in Volume 4 and/or what they set up for him to be doing later on.
Kill him and have Calgar unite the Orks under the Ultramarines. /s

I think people may be making a fundamental mistake in the scope of what GW said this was a big event: I think they mean lore, not new releases. The lore implications will shake the setting, not the new stuff, and from those new threads we'll see the plot expand and unfold.

But would it really shake the setting? The Eye of Terror went crazy and split the galaxy in half and yet its business as normal, Marines kerb stomp everything and everyone else just looks silly. 

But would it really shake the setting? The Eye of Terror went crazy and split the galaxy in half and yet its business as normal, Marines kerb stomp everything and everyone else just looks silly.

I mean the Horus Heresy didn't shake things up when it was first created, but look how far we've come. At minimum this is laying the groundwork for bigger things to come.

Is there a thread anywhere going over the actual lore of Psychic Awakening/so far?

Any big reveals from PA1: the Eldar one? Or is the whole “will shake up the fabric of the setting!” thing typical GW Saturday morning cartoon hot air.

The only hints at a wider narrative from PA1 was about a very powerful female human psyker and an Aeldari who was an 'exile from the favour of Cegorach' who wanted Yvraine's help against 'a force that would turn stars and souls black'. I've mentioned elsewhere that I reckon its the return/awakening of the (fully formed not shards) C'tan but thats just a guess and it could be anything.

My guess is the last book in the series will have big implications but the rest wont

The last book ends with: And the universe started to blur and disappear. The Emperor opened his eyes in his throne room and said “So that’s what would happen if I make Horus Warmaster. It’ll have to be Sanguinius instead then.” And they all live happily ever after.

Edited by MARK0SIAN

The last book ends with: And the universe started to blur and disappear. The Emperor opened his eyes in his throne room and says “So that’s what would happen if I make Horus Warmaster. It’ll have to be Sanguinius instead then.” And theyball lives happily ever after.

I'm down for it

The last book ends with: And the universe started to blur and disappear. The Emperor opened his eyes in his throne room and said “So that’s what would happen if I make Horus Warmaster. It’ll have to be Sanguinius instead then.” And they all live happily ever after.

I didn’t know GW hired D&D to head up IP :D

I didn’t know GW hired D&D to head up IP :biggrin.:

Don't you even joke about that good sir

I believe that if the Psychic Awakening events were to lead to something akind the AOS Endless Spells, it would be something interresting, perhaps more than the return of Primarch. It would also be interresting way to see how the Warp Energy that are flooding inside the Galaxy are changing it, adding magic into this otherwise science bound setting.

Edited by Frater Antodeniel

I mean the Horus Heresy didn't shake things up when it was first created, but look how far we've come. At minimum this is laying the groundwork for bigger things to come.

True true, if they dont retcon or ignore everything. I vaguely remember the Medusa campaign promising us great things, and the Eye of Terror campaign... I think I have just become jaded with GW over the years... 

True true, if they dont retcon or ignore everything. I vaguely remember the Medusa campaign promising us great things, and the Eye of Terror campaign... I think I have just become jaded with GW over the years...
Fair points. I feel like we have a more unified vision of where the story is going now than we did back then, but anything can happen.

I didn’t know GW hired D&D to head up IP :D

Don't you even joke about that good sir

That would be an improvement over Merritt .

He should’ve made the Finglonger instead.

New story up: Keeping Order

I love the idea of Khornate cultists masquerading as an Imperial cult and telling everyone about the Emperor sitting atop a mountain of skulls and caring not from whence the blood flows because all bloodshed is holy. Clever little sods. :biggrin.:

Interesting how their hyping up the new Necromunda set in this context, with Enforcers and Khornate cultists in other locations.

Fair points. I feel like we have a more unified vision of where the story is going now than we did back then, but anything can happen.

I want to believe... I really do... At least if I expect it to be bad then I cant be upset with what we get.