Raziel-TX's Dark Angels

Raziel-TX

Thanks, gents!

As for a group pic, that will have to wait until some display space clears up (should be a month or so) as most of my stuff is still boxed up from the move. 

The mud is a a mix of ashes from the outdoor fire pit, Elmer’s glue, a bit of water, some brown and yellow paint, and then some flock bits.  Mix it all together and them an old brush gets destroyed as I lather all the tracks and surrounding areas.   Once dry, I added a brown gloss wash to most of the mud to give it a wet look. 

I’m chopping at the bit for another vehicle, not really feeling like tackling the infantry models yet.  They are somewhat small compared to my existing primaris unfortunately. 

Any vehicle suggestions? Floating the idea of another leviathan dread or even a fire raptor.  Though I’ve heard that the latter is a pain in the butt to assemble. 

Edited by Raziel-TX

Thanks, Helias Tancred. 

Interrogator Stobz, both are great models for sure. The fact one is plastic and the other is resin will probably tip the scale towards the dread…though deep down I really want a stormbird. Though the wife would probably have some words for me if I dropped so much money on a giant paperweight. Haha

Nice Cawl-pattern Imperial Knight, Can't wait to see it painted up. I would go for the dread. The bird is rumoured to be a damn pain the the rear to assemble. For the price you're paying for that lump of resin, it should at least fit without having to sacrifice your firstborn.

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress on the action figure, that what this qualifies as?  He’s a bit shiny as he has a layer of gloss on him to make the panel lining easier.  Beaky helmet and some weapons should get here next weekend.  

88F586A3-640C-4996-B299-9063C576DCA5.jpeg

DFBEFD43-62C5-4826-9FC6-4C578DACB44A.jpeg

7B65BD09-C21A-4038-B5AF-E638036079A9.jpeg

Edited by Raziel-TX

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks gents!

Jud Cottrell-I happened to come across a bundle of MKIV molded pads that I snagged up.  I can’t comment on any of the other pads outside that I don’t care for the studded pad.  The DA legion decal sheet does provide for a great alternative to molded pads. 

Interrogator Stobz-thanks as always. 

So I took a stab at up scaling the terminators that came with HH box. I’ll have to come back to give credit to the BA player who was the inspiration for this in the near future.  Think it came out ok. Especially for a first at attempting a rough robe ala green stuff. 

59C6A736-56B3-4A6F-8EB4-D4CE3AEC5A35.jpeg

6AE37346-703A-4105-B82E-499C3AD388AA.jpeg

Original inspiration from Brother Majkhel

6D3EE3D7-B46A-4F99-A09C-00CDCDFEEFD1.jpeg

Edited by Raziel-TX

• 4 weeks later...