+++THE LIBER ASTARTES SWAP CHALLENGE 2019 - PHASE 1+++

Brother Cambrius

I've been painting Tau for the last week

FILTHY XENOS LOVING HERETIC! :tongue.:

Now let's see that zeal go into your Vanquishers IA, eh? :wink: :tongue.:

EDIT:

I have suddenly had the mad, brilliant idea of making yet another Chapter, and I am seriously considering entering it into the challenge.

Let me see if I can knock up a satisfactory First Draft tonight, and I might just go for it.

Edited by Ace Debonair

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do--*BLAM*!

Ignore the chantings of chaos, brother. Do what you wish (but do more!).

@Brother Cambrius: I am ready to call my Omega Cohort article done! It can be either Firstborn or Primaris, but I recommend that it be a scout model for lore consistency (though of course whoever get it can paint whatever they want).

I've already done it, brother. :happy.:

It might have been crafted with an energy born of madness, but it is done! :biggrin.:

The Knights Oracular rise to answer the Challenge of the LASC!

(I need to paint some of these guys up myself, I've had some great ideas on how to model them :thumbsup:)

Edited by Ace Debonair

I've already done it, brother. :happy.:

It might have been crafted with an energy born of madness, but it is done! :biggrin.:

The Knights Oracular rise to answer the Challenge of the LASC!

Edited by Watcher

“And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.” - Frederick Nietzsche

AND THEY CALL US MAD, BROTHER  :whistling:

They might be right, brother. :sweat:

The more I look at the Chapter I've written, the less convinced I am it was a good idea. :laugh.:

That said, I am no quitter, and I've got a week or so to improve the heck out of it! :tongue.:

I've been painting Tau for the last week

FILTHY XENOS LOVING HERETIC! :tongue.:

Now let's see that zeal go into your Vanquishers IA, eh? :wink::tongue.:

Such an accusation of laxity, I've been busy overseeing my Moderatily duties (and seeing just how cool I look in the mirror with my melta and sunglasses... :P).

But rest assured alongside all my ither duties etc in RL, I am slowly updating my doc before posting here.

7 days to go folks! We can do it.

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Such an accusation of laxity, I've been busy overseeing my Moderatily duties (and seeing just how cool I look in the mirror with my melta and sunglasses... :tongue.:).

I'm just ribbing you, brother. I'm also keen to see the Vanquishers ascend to their rightful place in the halls of the Liber! :happy.:

Besides, everyone knows Melta and Sunglasses is an iconic look for this fresh, dark millennium. :tongue.:

Well, I am almost done with my IA over here, but it does seem like I'll have trouble finishing in the end. I'm a bit short in writting the end part to the lore, and not to use this as the most overblown excuse ever, but I am currently residing in a city going through pretty heavy civil unrest over here (for reference, I live in Santiago, Chile, and things are MESS here at the moment). So, yeah, writting is not coming to me as easy as in the weeks prior.

Still, I hope I have managed to provide enough information on the chapter for whomever is assigned this IA in the following phase.

Kudos to all of you who have managed multiple IAs and ITs in these phase. I admire the dedication, talent and drive of this community, and each and everyone here. It is very inspiring.

Keep up the awesome work, everyone! Only 6 days till the phase ends! That is still plenty of time for most to finish each chapter and warband you can imagine! :D

Well, I am almost done with my IA over here, but it does seem like I'll have trouble finishing in the end. I'm a bit short in writting the end part to the lore, and not to use this as the most overblown excuse ever, but I am currently residing in a city going through pretty heavy civil unrest over here (for reference, I live in Santiago, Chile, and things are MESS here at the moment). So, yeah, writting is not coming to me as easy as in the weeks prior.

Still, I hope I have managed to provide enough information on the chapter for whomever is assigned this IA in the following phase.

Having looked it over you are well within requirements, Berzul so rest easy and be safe as needed until Phase 2. :)

Cambrius

Having looked it over you are well within requirements, Berzul so rest easy and be safe as needed until Phase 2. :smile.:

Cambrius

Thank you.

I am awaiting the 1st of November with anxious glee.

I've added in the warband emblem to the article, so I've completed phase 1 of the LASC! This is of course far from a completed article however... I plan to attack this when I can with an aim to get the bulk of it in place by next year. Otherwise various bits and pieces will be floating around for ages so it needs a proper sit down to get at least some sections complete (or as complete as an index article can ever be..?).

This time at the end of the year will also be good for some painting naturally :wink: For the lucky soul who gets the Sunder; I have the full painting guide should you need it and as the emblem isn't finalised and nothing has graced a model yet I don't consider it part of the scheme currently so neither should you :laugh.:

Not long to go for the first deadline for those still working, make the last push to victory!

Four days to go and I'm down to the wire:eek:  Due mainly to PC problems I haven't posted anything on my Praetorian Sword draft since August. Can I get it in on time:sweat: I believe I can:yes: My PC is back behaving as a PC should, I've been taking copious notes since I last posted, and I've got two days off to get it done. The IA will by no means be complete, but it should get all the main points across along with heraldry and livery for the poor soul who gets to paint up a model of one of my troops. 

I'll be extensively reediting my draft, or I might just do a new thread. Either way I'll make sure nothing is lost as far as everyone's posts are concerned.... all will be saved. 

When Phase 2 starts I'll post some painting instructions/suggestions. Fortunately, the heraldry and livery are fairly simple, so whoever has to paint my chapter piece shouldn't have too hard of a time with it.

So, wish me luck Brothers and Sisters.... here I go:woot:

Edited by Brother Lunkhead

Crikey! About time I get some work done on my Praetors of Denzarr!

There's plenty to work with there, brother. You've got a good Chapter with a lot of potential on your hands!

I'd comment more in the thread itself, but I already did that, some time ago... :ph34r.: :tongue.:

...and with that, the Strigoi are on the forum! I'd appreciate if you guys gave me feedback on wether the criteria for the challenge are really fulfilled.

The Strigoi look solid to me, brother. :thumbsup:

=][= 2 DAYS LEFT TO GO! =][=

Not long left to go now, my fellow Liberites!

The deadline will end for Phase 1 when Midnight rolls around on the last timezone on the planet to ensure everyone has a fair time of completion.

Now just a reminder peeps:

:HQ: Articles must include an image of the chapter's heraldry and symbol (this can be done by including an image or images using a miniature you have painted, or the Space Marine Painters here on the B&C, or the GW Primaris variant). :HQ: 

I will accept descriptions for symbols if this is still causing an issue, but please make it clear for the sake of the borhter/sister that is swapped your chapter/warband.

In terms of content, as long as the article displays:

1. Who are your Chapter
  2. What do they look like
  3. What is their personality
  4. What is their identity in the world of 40K? (eg are they heroic knights of honour, shadowy assassins, cold and logical soldiers)

Almost there! I'll comb through to ensure everyone's articles are linked up, but please PM me if I have missed any out. :)

Cambrius

Edited by Brother Cambrius

Chapter symbol - I knew I'd forgotten something. :wallbash::wallbash:

The Knights Oracular are updated, and now meet the criteria of the LASC!

They're also about twice the length of most IAs, despite entirely missing a Homeworld section (deliberately, as a personal challenge :tongue.:), because they're packed full of SECRETS :ph34r.:

Edited by Ace Debonair

If they're so secret, why is there so much written about them Ace? :ph34r.::tongue.:

I'm looking forward to the painting part, I could do with something different and one-off to keep the painting queue spicy :D Do your best everyone it'll be a blast to see someone else paint up one of your models (and in my case; someone doubtless more able :laugh.: )!

If they're so secret, why is there so much written about them Ace? :ph34r.::tongue.:

I am an inexhaustible writing engine :tongue.:

It's because I am far too wordy for my own good and require other people to tell me when to stop. :laugh.:

(But also because I need lots of words to hide all the secrets in :ph34r.:)

I am also looking forward to the next stage of the challenge; I'm already working out the lore for how up to two lucky souls get the chance to Fly with the White Hawks.  :biggrin.:

And finally HERE is the first rough draft/notes of my Star Leopards. These guys are my first ever Chapter here on the B&C (formerly the Leopards Argent) from way back then (Must be over ten years ago now) but now reborn.  I'll link my first post too.  These guys, then my Iron Heralds are my two must include of my four, with whoever gets my Traitors can choose between the two (will flesh our White Talons hopefully tomorrow)