New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

2 relic jump packs, one that re-rolls charges and turns off overwatch, the other that is +1 to charges (for +2 w/ updated chapter bonus) and let's you fall back and charge...

...i think Capt Smash just pulled in his lil brother and they are going to rock Super Sanguinio Smash Bros.

Also:

Overall, this is just the sort of details that flesh out the earlier reveals and takes "pesmistic" to "optimistic." The +1A during Assault Doctrine definitely more and more feels like a chance to make up for casualties earlier in the game or...

tumblr_lndumwiCey1qdh05go1_400.jpg

Edited by Indefragable

New relics:

- The Librarian one from the WarCom article

- +2 to move for jumpack units( Relic for sang ancient only)

- some crap bolt rifle

- a relic crozius

- a new jumpack which allows you to fall back and charge and +1 to the charge roll

Also a Stratagem to give a second character a Warlord trait.

F still no decent relic sword.

Relic blade with MC and AoW. That's 2 +D3 damage right? So minimum 3 maximum 5 hitting on 2+ with AP -3

That Battlebox is looking more and more appealing by the minute. Surely, there's something for Baal predator, and Kalean (Terminators) coming our way soon.

Dante, I have no hope for as I imagine they are waiting to release Primaris Dante with our codex.

Honestly Indy, I've always found that as BA I have to go for the throat or I lose. With these changes (hopefully 100%) it will allow for some leeway in between so I don't feel terrible for absolutely eviscerating my opponents or have the steam go out of my army t3. Very excited I'm just sad no one in my groupchat cares about BA :'((((

Edited by Neuralshock

That Battlebox is looking more and more appealing by the minute. Surely, there's something for Baal predator, and Kalean (Terminators) coming our way soon.

Dante, I have no hope for as I imagine they are waiting to release Primaris Dante with our codex.

Dante down to 150 points for what ever that's worth.

Baal still sub par.

Do you need another Pred + Karlean?!

Baal still sub par.

Karlean is the ONLY thing worth tossing as mine has been sitting sadly for near 2-3 years now.

Baal Predator, I could use a second variant. The extra BA bits are good for decorating Repulsors ^^

Edited by Chronos1985

I wonder if Incursors with paired blades are worth a look-in?

Forward deployment and a boat load of attacks on a Primaris (2W) body. Plus some decent shooting too.

I might grab a second box next month to run 2 5 man squads (I'm gonna start a smol CF force) it seems crazy not to use them as a ground control, storm and defend types. Pair them with shank scouts and you can cause a whole (golden) host of issues I think. Then plomp down haywire mines to make retaking the objective painful

Thanks for the recap in this thread.

Can we, as BA, hold out long enough with non-assault or backfield troops to drop everything down turn 3 and make some devastating charges?

I'm trying to see how this will work, and wondering if some basic marines or machines in cover trading shots with our enemies and then dropping all assault units down may be devastating.

Totally will depend on how you're playing though, I get that. If you're using missions that require you to do stuff each turn, or hold an objective each turn that's not going to matter.

Tacticals… why do I always want to use tacticals? Maybe because I have a load of them. Extra damage weapons are wasted on them, and in cover they're hard to shift. I know, bad troops, but I got them.

Assault marines? Heh. Had to go there, with all the + to attack they'd be nice if they were cheaper, we'll have to see.

Anyway, just pondering.

Baal still sub par.

where was this spotted? :O

Baal still sub par.

where was this spotted? :O

Someone on the BA discord server has access to a lot of the book and shared a ton of details.

Thanks for the recap in this thread.

Can we, as BA, hold out long enough with non-assault or backfield troops to drop everything down turn 3 and make some devastating charges?

I'm trying to see how this will work, and wondering if some basic marines or machines in cover trading shots with our enemies and then dropping all assault units down may be devastating.

Totally will depend on how you're playing though, I get that. If you're using missions that require you to do stuff each turn, or hold an objective each turn that's not going to matter.

Tacticals… why do I always want to use tacticals? Maybe because I have a load of them. Extra damage weapons are wasted on them, and in cover they're hard to shift. I know, bad troops, but I got them.

Assault marines? Heh. Had to go there, with all the + to attack they'd be nice if they were cheaper, we'll have to see.

Anyway, just pondering.

In most semi-competetive games, I don't think we can last until Turn 3. We still need to get into melee as soon as possible in order to not only do damage (which all of our bonuses rely on), but also to "turn off" enemy guns by locking them up. I am looking more and more at Savage Echoes as a second wind for depleted units going to finish off enemies. I think it's a "nice to have" to have +1A and +1AP Turn 3 onwards, but if you're saving up your aggression for it, I think you're going to be in an uphill battle as the opponent will likely have his full army vs 51% of your army for almost 3 full turns. And with out powerful shooting is, that's not a matchup we are likely to survive....or anyone is likely to survive.

I see these rules leaks so far as not fundamentally changing the way I play BA*, but rather enhancing it, giving a few more tricks up my sleeve, and making it a bit more viable vs the current meta (<cough> Iron Hands <cough>). Except Litanies. Will need to get some reps in to get that system fully under my belt....using a Dark Apostel for my Iron Warriors was very much "stand in middle of gunline, chant +1 To Hit" and that's it.

*I play very High Speed Low Drag, focusing on bumrushing the opponent with melee units as much as possible. Anything that isn't built for punch him in the throat has lascannons for opening up heavy vehicles

Drops for Jump Pack DC?! +1 movement on charges from Red Thirst!? Sanguinary Guard drops?! AAAAHHHH

My Lemartes, and 20 DC are feeling really good right now! Now I just need to build an army around them and some new Sanguinary Guard. Still haven't quite sworn off DC Intercessors either although a good argument against them was made.