New Mephiston/Psychic awakening p3

Neuralshock

When can we officially pre-order PA3? F

I might step away for a bit since my hype cylinders have been pumping on overdrive all week...need to rest the motor a bit.

That being said, do we have any indication that we will be able to use a new -style Company Champion and/or upgrade to Chapter Champion? In my own weird way I think that’s what one of the things I’m most intrigued about since that C:SM one is insanely good for his cost, and would on,y be better for us. 

The table of contents is up:

60040199106_BloodofBaalBattletome03.jpg

Looks like no mention of successors besides FT.

This isnt even a dinky add-on, this is essentially a full supplement-size addition.  

Things to take away: 

1.  3 pages of Stratagems means ours are likely to be BA+SM combined. 

2.  No Sanguinary Discipline for powers- strongly suggesting no changes (which is GREAT). 

3.  We get relics of Baal AND Special Issue wargear <3 <3 <3 

It will be interesting to see what we get for special issue war gear...if we ape the Codex boys or go different since we somewhat already have what it offers them.

Pretty much every supplement gives:

-Adamantine Mantle: 5+++

-Artificer Armour: 2+/5++

-Master-Crafted weapo : +1D

-Digital Lasers: make 1 additional attack that causes a MW

-a u inquest ammo type for a bolter type, both vary depending on what seems fluffy for the chapter: 

—RG add to the range and don’t need LoS, but can only fire one shot

—IH cause MW to vehicles

—UM can only make a single attack but it causes a MW

...etc...

I suppose two pages for Flesh Tearers isn't bad. I shouldn't really have expected more. Sang priests look to be getting updated as well. and Chap in Term armor. I may have missed it but those are the only two non-primaris models in this right? Outside of named characters anyway.. Also, no Seth data sheet. Sad days. :D But I don't mind waiting for the codex I guess.

bolt pistol and chainsword and not marked as a seargent, might be that DC intercessor's can take more than one ccw in a squad.

Yeah we know that already. Two melee weapons for a DC Intercessor squad. We just don't know whether the second one is for units of 10 or already for units of 5. ^^

The table of contents is up:

60040199106_BloodofBaalBattletome03.jpg

Looks like no mention of successors besides FT.

To be expected. Disappointing that every other army in the game will eventually get their own combination of cherry picked rules but the non codex astartes will more than likely not get them.

Oh well there's still a lot of stuff to be happy about.

Totally forgot about big guns never tire, that stratagem is very valuable to us, as at least one tank can move and fire without impediment.

The special issue war gear counts as a relic then? So no captain with a 2+ save and angels wing, correct?

That is correct. All special issue war gear counts as a chapter relic so no doubling up.

From what I could make out of the blurry text from the videos, stratagems are in addition to those in the codex.

Reviews are up on youtube.

Indeed, I think Tabletop Tactics has it wrong though - the Veritas Vitae only works once every turn, not every stratagem, right?

Tactical restraint from chapter approved prevents players from gaining more than one cp per turn, however you can roll for each stratagem used, until you get the cp back

Veteran intercessors IS in.

Edit - Veterans

Edited by Black_Sky

Indeed, I think Tabletop Tactics has it wrong though - the Veritas Vitae only works once every turn, not every stratagem, right?

The Tactical Restraint rule prevents you from gaining more than 1 CP a turn, so it works on every stratagem you use until it SUCCEEDS, then its done for that battle round. So if you keep failing the roll, you can keep trying.

Rule was put in place to prevent Guard allies from effectively having infinite CP. (Start with 15ish, and then roll a 5+ per CP of your own to return from a warlord trait, and then an additional relic that let you also roll when your opponent used stratagems.) So now no matter how many abilities you have to recycle CP, you get max of 1 per turn.

From what I could make out of the blurry text from the videos, stratagems are in addition to those in the codex.

Tactical restraint from chapter approved prevents players from gaining more than one cp per turn, however you can roll for each stratagem used, until you get the cp back

Veteran intercessors seems to be in.

Hrngh! Don't tease the likes of Blindhamster and me!