30k Hobby Chat

Solid work Cruor and Mandragola.

On the war crime front, some progress with the XIV happened.
With the remaining six aspirants finished, the possessed librarius posse is now up to ten men strong and ready for their first (err, last...?) suicide mission. Click the pictures to see details.

1163164_sm-.jpg

1163160_sm-.jpg
1163161_sm-.jpg
1163162_sm-.jpg
1163163_sm-.jpg

On 3/28/2023 at 1:50 AM, Cruor Vault said:

Got the base colors on my Fulmentarius started.  

Models are gorgeous designs by Diverging Realms.  

tomorrow I’ll figure out how much white will go on them.  

Looking great!  How do those sculpts compare to the plastic Cataphractii. I like them but dont want to stray too far from the scale/aesthetic of the plastics.

11 hours ago, Cadmus Tyro said:

Rearming and basing some old sniper vets from early 1.0, inadvertently found a use for the vehicle upgrade multimelta:

for all those unwanted Mkiv HB

Cadmus 

That looks brilliant!  

Edited by dickyelsdon

great looking word bearers. 

Spent last night priming a 10 man tartaros, a spartan, a contemptor, and some dirty eldar. I also stripped 2 mars vinidcators and a mars rhino.

i hope this weekend i can get the gold down on all the thousand sons at least and the blue on the contemptor for my Nls. At a minimum id like to get the 3 Mars tanks primed and ready to be added to my SOH. 

Oh the struggles of having dozen or so Heresy armies XD 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:46 PM, dickyelsdon said:

Looking great!  How do those sculpts compare to the plastic Cataphractii. I like them but dont want to stray too far from the scale/aesthetic of the plastics.

That looks brilliant!  

The base files are taller much closer to the new Indomitus Terminators in scale judging from the comparisons to the test model but if you are printing them yourself the fun part is that you can always tweak the sizes.

Here are my Praetor and Warhound, in the state I took them to the Brighton event. Both are battle ready rather than totally done. 

7EC5D844-B8DF-4767-ADEC-2DB35E6B546A.thumb.jpeg.705dc8381519af56cec6470ef6724512.jpeg

this guy just needs more time spent on him generally. The wings in particular need more time spent on the blending and edges. Overall I like the effect though. 

C5D1ADA8-5F98-40E1-9A33-86E1D72A91BE.thumb.jpeg.af8cb0060f99b21920add192ece39155.jpeg

it’s a similar situation for the Warhound. Slightly better blending would be nice, as would Astorum badges here and there. I’ve still got some cables to fit to the guns and head too. 

In the games I found the Praetor somewhat unnecessary in the dark fury unit and I felt like I needed more Line. My plan is a command squad led by a Delegatus, which will tend to outflank. I’ve started work on the Delegatus. 

9E334BD2-47E9-460C-8223-94140CDF31A5.thumb.jpeg.ed46167b803a409e0aef1a81294c0999.jpeg

4E2F291D-3B42-4CAD-9FA6-91F342E3622D.thumb.jpeg.d3378104b2a8ea756171929bbcc516f0.jpeg

I need something or other to go on top of his backpack. And for the command squad themselves I’m considering using a bit of a variety of models, perhaps including some or all in Mk3. I’m not sure how they’d look with my mk6 army but I want to convert them to look like individuals as much as possible. 

Continuing with the wips of the past week, I made a cataphractoi terminator librarian. I mixed pieces from CSM terminator lord and Horus Heresy terminators and I'm quite satisfied with the results.

20230402_191709.jpg

Threw together the base for my Tartaros Praetor and Honored Telemacrus for my XIIIth.  Continuing in Guilliman’s fine tradition of nicking everyone else’s stuff lol!

I’ve scraped off the Fists Icons on the Praetor.  He needs something to cover up the gap on his chest, and probably wants an iron halo type deal on the top of his armor.   

Telemacrus might be done?  Debating on if I feel like magnetizing his arms or not.  I’ve got 9 other contemptors… so maybe I’ll let this one slide?

6DF05E5F-696E-4D29-B070-FEF8DFECB4AB.jpeg

9F71478C-E712-4148-AD21-C93A50A42DE8.jpeg

50 minutes ago, Cruor Vault said:

Threw together the base for my Tartaros Praetor and Honored Telemacrus for my XIIIth.  Continuing in Guilliman’s fine tradition of nicking everyone else’s stuff lol!

I’ve scraped off the Fists Icons on the Praetor.  He needs something to cover up the gap on his chest, and probably wants an iron halo type deal on the top of his armor.   

Telemacrus might be done?  Debating on if I feel like magnetizing his arms or not.  I’ve got 9 other contemptors… so maybe I’ll let this one slide?

6DF05E5F-696E-4D29-B070-FEF8DFECB4AB.jpeg

9F71478C-E712-4148-AD21-C93A50A42DE8.jpeg

Watching your comteptor and the mix of plastic and resin I have a question: mixing parts of new dread's weapons with the old plastic comteptor dread, worth it? I want to make a mortis with BaC dread and I want to put to Kheres