the BIG 9th edition room

Anyone selling Templar is a heretic who should be purged

I don’t care what happens, I’m keeping my first born Templars.

Anyone selling Templar is a heretic and should be purged (by Firstborn and Primaris)

Or maybe trying to make a quick buck for the new models.

I'm not active in FB so dunno what's going on the groups.

same as everywhere. a lot of people have absolutely not a idea of the game and the fluff, some have and ....

all kind of people, the ones just interested in the lore, some just interested in the game, even some who just playing BT in Kill Team.

Edited by Medjugorje

Anyone selling Templar is a heretic who should be purged

I don’t care what happens, I’m keeping my first born Templars.

Yeah, even if I would never play them I'd keep them. You just don't get any kind of meaningful money from selling oldmarines these days anyway, so it's not even worth the effort, considering the sentimental value and all the effort put into building them. I do have some unbuilt stuff I could sell, but yeah, even for those you get peanuts.

Edited by tvih

Back to the question of the judiciar's head. What about the head from the standard interrogator chaplain? A very deep hooded skull helm?

Ought to work, though it has those pointed arrows along the seem of the hood, which then aren't present anywhere else. but that's minor.

We should wait for primaris EC :wink:. Basically same role. I want to believe it should not be long now.

Think the stream just now mentioned more lore on the Judicar... he's apparently not a full chaplain yet, but has to prove himself first. So even less stepping on the toes of the EC.

Well rules wise, there's no shortage of things that do the same thing as something else for space marines. always been that way.

I'm just saying "Why not both?", when it comes the Chaplain-padawan and the Big E Champion (which I obviously still want an offical model of even though i got a conversion)

THIS SHALL BE A DAY OF RECKONING, LOOK NOT TO THE SHAME OF THE PAST BUT TO GLORY OF THE FUTURE. OUR FAITH IS OUR ARMOUR, OUR WEAPONS ARE DEATH, LET YOUR SOUL BLAZE WITH THE RIGHTEOUS FURY OF THE EMPEROR!

RIDE OUT WITH ME! RIDE OUT AND MEET THEM! ARISE KNIGHTS OF THE BLACK TEMPLARS! RIDE NOW! RIDE NOW! RIDE FOR RUIN! RIDE FOR WRATH AND THE WORLD'S ENDING!

xF9fE7i0WHl5eJ6h.jpg

9 Bikes, a Captain and a Chaplain on Bike are almost 750pts in 9th edition. Thats quite reasonable for what are 18A on the charge for every 3 bikes, litanies on the move and a T5 Smash Captain. I think thats a very good core for an offensive list that moves fairly fast. Also you can always move them 20" and use Emperor's Will to charge that unit.

THIS SHALL BE A DAY OF RECKONING, LOOK NOT TO THE SHAME OF THE PAST BUT TO GLORY OF THE FUTURE. OUR FAITH IS OUR ARMOUR, OUR WEAPONS ARE DEATH, LET YOUR SOUL BLAZE WITH THE RIGHTEOUS FURY OF THE EMPEROR!

RIDE OUT WITH ME! RIDE OUT AND MEET THEM! ARISE KNIGHTS OF THE BLACK TEMPLARS! RIDE NOW! RIDE NOW! RIDE FOR RUIN! RIDE FOR WRATH AND THE WORLD'S ENDING!

Death! DEATH! DEATH!!!

On a more serious note, I'm definitely getting one of these to lead some Outriders - Grimaldus, three Chaplains and a Judiciar are a reasonable number for a ~100 strong Crusade, right?

This guy will be the leader of 9 bikes...

my biggest problem is that i need to much characters in the lists i created. 

Aurelian shroud and Ancient Breviary and Crusader helmet.

The bike squad is the first unit where our super doctrine comes into play because we have a lot of attacks and we must face another bike squads in tournaments now. Each of them has T5^^

@ SufficientAnonymity

there is always enough place for a chaplain in our ranks.

(maybe we can hide in first turn)

Edited by Medjugorje

He is a very cool biker, but for some reason bikes generally don't do it for me! 

HQ choices going to be difficult. Increasingly finding myself building lists around the three special characters and ending up not taking a free relic! Madness.

9 Bikes, a Captain and a Chaplain on Bike are almost 750pts in 9th edition. Thats quite reasonable for what are 18A on the charge for every 3 bikes, litanies on the move and a T5 Smash Captain. I think thats a very good core for an offensive list that moves fairly fast. Also you can always move them 20" and use Emperor's Will to charge that unit.

Emperor's Will is only on Infantry, Bikes do not have that keyword

I hope the new missions for matched play are not a one unit player A then one unit player B deployment.

It would be very bad. It was a perfect decission to change that later on in 8th edition to change to one player have deploy his complete army then the other player have to

Chaplains are getting to be pretty difficult to use. The hard limitations on when their powers can be activated, and no ability to keep them off the board or in a transport while prepping their prayers is rough. Not only do they operate an entire turn behind, but their abilities have a pretty decent chance of failing if you don't buy into a relic just to make them not awful.

Hate to say it, lads, but I'm sick of Chaplains. Looks like it's Captain, Lieutenant, and EC for me.

I think my typical 9e list is going to be some kind of Bladeguard Impulsor rush, rather than the LRC Centurion rush I've used a lot since F&F. With an LRC and a squad of Centurions, the 5+++ litany was always a no-brainer, but my 9e list may not have anything especially good to use it on. Together with the litany timing change, I feel like my list doesn't need a chaplain nearly so much.

The bike chaplain still might be a good fit for an impulsor rush list, though. Give him the relic crozius and Mantra of Strength, maybe MoS for Canticle of Hate, and he's a fairly durable, fairly fighty character who can keep up and buff the Bladeguard with auras. His litanies won't be reliable unless I give him Wise Orator, but that's OK. Definitely seems like a non-critical part of the list though.

We should wait for primaris EC :wink:. Basically same role. I want to believe it should not be long now.

You think? So far we've seen generic SM models and I'd think they'll start with Ultras characters first and then a pretty slow trickle down the line, not to mention all of the chapter specific transports and such which is also a big unknown...will they keep the whole line generic apart from characters?

Still not buying primaris myself, just got a Redemptor as it doesn't really disrupt the army scale but should they keep a generic look I'll look into something else as it's not grim dark enough for a BT side imo.