the BIG 9th edition room

after new edition was revealed it makes sense we dont get data cards for our supplement.

Maybe we will receive the missing half of it :biggrin.:

I really expect something to come within next 12 month but not that close in release of 9th edition

after new edition was revealed it makes sense we dont get data cards for our supplement.

Maybe we will receive the missing half of it :biggrin.:

I really expect something to come within next 12 month but not that close in release of 9th edition

My expectation aswell.

Not sure if this was covered already but with new Fight phase order (ie. opponent chooses first non-charger to fight), our Devout Pushers will pretty much always be fighting second. The only way they could go first is if you've charged in a previous turn with another unit and that combat is still going, and more valuable to your opponent than the new Pushed combat.

The only way around would be Oath of Glory, but then you can't make use of a transport to increase the threat range. So for jump infantry or bikes it would still work I guess.

But you can also devout push in your opponent's turn, in which case you get the first non-charging fight.

True, but I think probably much less useful as the opponent will need to be within 3" (or 6" with Canticle) already? In which case you might as well go in next turn with charge bonus and save the CP. The threat range is much lower than eg. using an Impulsor's assault vehicle rule.

That could happen and would be a big surprise, but I feel like anything your opponent is willing to get within 3" of a killy unit is going to be no slouch themselves. The huge threat range of transport-embarked infantry seems to be a more likely use of Push to me!

Edited by Brother Kraskor

Not sure if this was covered already but with new Fight phase order (ie. opponent chooses first non-charger to fight), our Devout Pushers will pretty much always be fighting second. The only way they could go first is if you've charged in a previous turn with another unit and that combat is still going, and more valuable to your opponent than the new Pushed combat.

The only way around would be Oath of Glory, but then you can't make use of a transport to increase the threat range. So for jump infantry or bikes it would still work I guess.

there is an ability in our litanies to always strike first. If your gameplan allow it then it could be very strong but to be honest - I dont think its an easy way.

Yes I said so haha. But then it still knocks out use of a transport because you can't perform litanies if you're not on the board.

I wish they would let us use a litany on an embarked unit. It would be like the chaplain getting the boys psyched up inside the tank before the doors open. A limitation would be that auras don't work except on the unit which was also embarked.

I wish they would let us use a litany on an embarked unit. It would be like the chaplain getting the boys psyched up inside the tank before the doors open. A limitation would be that auras don't work except on the unit which was also embarked.

Agreed. Should work for Drop Pods too - you can imagine the Chaplain isn't going to sit there silently as they descend in fire and fury. 

there is an ability in our litanies to always strike first. If your gameplan allow it then it could be very strong but to be honest - I dont think its an easy way.

Yes I said so haha. But then it still knocks out use of a transport because you can't perform litanies if you're not on the board.

we dont know yet. Maybe in this edition a unit counts as staying on board if they embarked in a vehicle. I expect a huge change in the mechanics of transports because this vehicle used to be aboslutely irrelevant in 8th edition.

I hope that models count as being on the board while staying in a transport vehicle and its possible to increase the range you can disembark or allow them to disembark after moving 6" what would makes close combat far better and especially our litanies because we could speak litanies on units in LRC / Rhinos / Impulsors.

I think this will decide how good we can perform in this edition.

So GW have tried to stop conga lines with new coherency rules. Units of six or more models must have coherency with two other models in the unit.

But what is to stop this:

X                                   X

X   X   X   X   X   X   X

X                                   X

?

Not with that formation? That could wrap around.

I have seen a problem though - when a model is out of coherency it gets removed, so any casualties will result in a domino effect until the unit has five models. Not ideal! So any conga will have to be two-deep.

Not with that formation? That could wrap around.

I have seen a problem though - when a model is out of coherency it gets removed, so any casualties will result in a domino effect until the unit has five models. Not ideal! So any conga will have to be two-deep.

That formation is only good with a complete unit. You take one model away as a casualty and it all falls apart

Yes I noticed after. So congas will have to be two deep - not really congas at this point!