the BIG 9th edition room

I'm actually hoping it's standard MK-X armor and that we can buy them up from 3 to 5, then put one of those new characters with them, like the executioner. A hit squad of 5 melee troupes backed up by a support beatstick who can force others to fight last is pretty interesting. It combos well with the ability to disembark from an Impulsor and use Divine Push, while still getting to fight first.

I didn't even think of that. They said the newest rules were all designed with the new edition in mind, in which case these models were in mind too. I wonder if they designed our stratagems for that sort of rush?

Perhaps all of these very Templar models are the reason we didn't get a supplement? Perhaps they just needed to tide us over until a proper supplement release alongside this 'chamber'.

But, back to the real point: Unless you've got some special kit, (Jump packs, grav chutes, bikes, land speeders, massive tank-like armour, whatever mad shiz suppressors have on their feet.) You get black trim.

I think we need to very much keep in mind that GW will only ever give us the basest of afterthought lipservice, and nothing more. If everyone else gets a codex we might share one. If everyone else gets a supplement we'll get crammed in a team book. We are forever going to be in that awkward middle ground of being too big to be Crimson Fists but too much of an afterthought to matter. Furthermore, all the best melee rules will always go to BA and SW, leaving us in a weird middle ground of having to get melee related abilities that don't step on the toes of the "choppiest of boys." We're just popular and just large enough to always feel there is a chance we'll get our shot, without ever actually having that chance in reality.

These new units are a good example of that. The design is likely in direct response to people complaining Primaris are too bland, and nothing to do with BT specifically. But because we see echos of what we want in there we're going to crave that feeling of recognition. We should be happy that we have units we can turn to our purposes and not hope for more. Down that road lies only vast disappointment.

Don't mean to be a downer, but man. We just got access to some cool stuff. Let's really try hard to avoid hyping ourselves up for a meaning that very much isn't there.

I'm actually hoping it's standard MK-X armor and that we can buy them up from 3 to 5, then put one of those new characters with them, like the executioner. A hit squad of 5 melee troupes backed up by a support beatstick who can force others to fight last is pretty interesting. It combos well with the ability to disembark from an Impulsor and use Divine Push, while still getting to fight first.

I didn't even think of that. They said the newest rules were all designed with the new edition in mind, in which case these models were in mind too. I wonder if they designed our stratagems for that sort of rush?

Maybe in ninth edition you can move your rolled chargedistance although you didnt passed the charge.

For example you came per deepstrike and throw a 6 after rerolls - with this stratagem you can move the last inches to reach your enemy. AND if your enemy will do the same you can get into close combat.

@ Marshal Falkenhayn 

but remember that all Space Marine releases will be like that in the future. The special ops theme wasnt an ultramarine release too - it is mostly a raven guard release. But rules are different. 

And even small factions always get their models like small systems like board games, blood bowl and blackstone fortress which never be that big as one of the biggest Space Marine subfractions. 

For that I believe they hold us back until other Space Marines had their time

Edited by Medjugorje

I think we need to very much keep in mind that GW will only ever give us the basest of afterthought lipservice, and nothing more. If everyone else gets a codex we might share one. If everyone else gets a supplement we'll get crammed in a team book. We are forever going to be in that awkward middle ground of being too big to be Crimson Fists but too much of an afterthought to matter. Furthermore, all the best melee rules will always go to BA and SW, leaving us in a weird middle ground of having to get melee related abilities that don't step on the toes of the "choppiest of boys." We're just popular and just large enough to always feel there is a chance we'll get our shot, without ever actually having that chance in reality.

These new units are a good example of that. The design is likely in direct response to people complaining Primaris are too bland, and nothing to do with BT specifically. But because we see echos of what we want in there we're going to crave that feeling of recognition. We should be happy that we have units we can turn to our purposes and not hope for more. Down that road lies only vast disappointment.

Don't mean to be a downer, but man. We just got access to some cool stuff. Let's really try hard to avoid hyping ourselves up for a meaning that very much isn't there.

I cannot independently verify with multiple sources, but I have been sitting on rumors for a few months now that GW leadership was extremely surprised at how prevalent the Black Templars requests/comments were in the Fall survey and they intended to do something about it. I didnt know what that meant, so I didnt put much stock into the source's comments...until this past Saturday.

I cannot independently verify with multiple sources, but I have been sitting on rumors for a few months now that GW leadership was extremely surprised at how prevalent the Black Templars requests/comments were in the Fall survey and they intended to do something about it. I didnt know what that meant, so I didnt put much stock into the source's comments...until this past Saturday.

I wouldn't find that super hard to believe. I mean, look at the post counts for the various Space Marine subforums: we have far more activity than any other Codex: SM chapter, even Ultramarines. You can't read too far into post counts on a single fan-driven forum, but I think there's something there. I hear and talk to a whole lot of non-BT players who think our chapter is aesthetically rad and are just disappointed with the amount of support we get.

I flat out asked for Primaris Crusader Squads in their Q&A thread on Twitter in hopes that the dev team might be looking at that to help answer questions tomorrow.

Regardless, if we are getting a proper supplement this time, it won't be this year I don't think. 9th will have to drop first, then after that we'll probably get the necron revamp, and possibly after that I could see the marine codex drop, which will be all generic at first if they keep the same format. These also won't be one after the other, because there is a big backlog that GW would have expected to already released but were forced to hold back to due the pandemic, and finally non 40k stuff they still plan to release this year. Perhaps we'll see marine supplements early next year, if so we're probably not the first?

And this is assuming we actually get a specific bone tossed for us, instead of this generic stuff that's still very Templaresque but open to all

Save more maybe bumping the other three outstanding codexes into being supplements to get everyone on the same page for core units (especially with Primaris) I don't see much more in the way of supplements in the near future. Those only need updates as they get around to adding stuff to that chapter specifically instead of the core of the line that everyone can draw from.

I wonder how so much people could think there would be a new Space Marine codex. Remember the old one is just a few month old and the supplements too. 

There is absolutely NO way for a Space Marine codex until end of the year 2022. And the supplements are even younger. they are all made for 9th edition.

The only thing that can happen is that there are cmapaign books which would fit a new chraracters  and a few stratagems, relics for the newest model range which is not covered in the current codex.

Because we dont saw too much relics and WL-Traits in the PA for Eldar and Dark Eldar I wouldnt be surprised if they are the first factions with new codex.

Edited by Medjugorje

I agree. I wouldn't be surprised by a new SM codex one iota. I just also expect it to be backwards compatible with all of the supplements.

On the subject of the survey, we never did get the results did we? With the first one they did that reveal video for the battle sisters codex.

Indeed, we never did. If I recall, I believe the wording was also different on the second survey. A lot of the questions were specifically about "what do you want to see in the form of events etc", and didn't leave too much room for model wishlisting (which I still managed to do).

Now I don't perhaps have the timeline perfectly straight, but with the first survey they got an overwhelming response - completely out of left field from their POV - to bring back the sisters. I suspect many saw it as a gamble, but they'd comitted to doing it. 

Now the second survey takes place after this but well before the release of the sisters, so the brass at GW had at this point yet to see the results of their sister gamble. I think this made them weary about making too lofty promises about what the results of the second survey would be. Hence there was no big fanfare about them taking the most requested thing and turning it into "follow along as we design and produce the new range" situation as with the sisters.

I'm sure they got a number of surprises of things people wanted regardless with the second survey, (I keep hearing people mention the rumor that they were again taken aback by the sheer stubborn requests to bring back templars) and they might just be testing the waters with the new box for more ornate, templary primaris units. Lets hope someone is finally convinced to pull the triggerr on an upgrade kit and character, though I'll contend with what we're getting for now.

If anything our best chance right now is a primaris Emperor Champion and a sprue.

I say this due to the fact that the Judicar seems like a watered down EC.

But I would not expect anything before 2021. Lets see how this goes.

If anything this release will bring a lot of people towards BT.

It already seems to be having that effect looking around here and also some of the Facebook pages. The BT page has had a number of new members join, and I've seen posts on pages like the Independent Characters' Community of people expressing their interest in the chapter.

So, someone better run the hoover around here before our guests show up.

It certainly fired my engines up. I'd been debating selling off my army to funnel more money into my orks. Now I'm planning a complete force refresh. The only thing I'm waiting to see is whether or not transports will be updated so I can put Primaris in drop pods. That will decide my angle on this moving forward.

It certainly fired my engines up. I'd been debating selling off my army to funnel more money into my orks. Now I'm planning a complete force refresh. The only thing I'm waiting to see is whether or not transports will be updated so I can put Primaris in drop pods. That will decide my angle on this moving forward.

Primaris Drop Pods! Now that surely is a £££ opportunity for GW.