the BIG 9th edition room

I have been making preliminary preparations for a special project even before the leaks dropped. With the global shipping situation being in a bit of a turmoil at the moment, not entirely sure when I can begin, but one project should be able to be followed by the other.

Edited by Reinhard

Space marines are the cash cow of games workshop. That's why we got TWO codices during 8th. One early on, and one later on that incorporated stuff from shadowspear. I really don't find it surprising if we get one as earlyas late this year, that will incorporate the new units in it.

one in august 2017 an one in august 2019? 

If anything our best chance right now is a primaris Emperor Champion and a sprue.

I say this due to the fact that the Judicar seems like a watered down EC.

But I would not expect anything before 2021. Lets see how this goes.

If anything this release will bring a lot of people towards BT.

people will start Templars if they have good rules. Thats my experience. 

True Medj, but the ones that stay is because of the chapter lore and look. Having decent minis to represent them does not hurt it one bit.

I will be waiting for the multipart kits before moving forward with my projects, im hopeful for a couple surprises there.

And by suprises I mean capes, maybe a relic great sword and extra bling. (I know im might be expecting much, but looking at the AoS stormcast with tabards they multipart kit was full on bits).

This is the most excited I have been in a long time, because this exposure might bring us good things.

Edited by Sete

but the ones that stay is because of the chapter lore and look

Absolutely spot on. I've always loved knightly chapters - I used to collect DA as a kid - and that wonderful anachronism of medieval knights in space, plus the wonderful lore that's been written for them (Helsreach, the old fluff about different Crusade targets, etc) is what drew me in.

Liking the better proportions of Primaris, but the gothic look of many Firstborn has been a modelling challenge, but not an insurmountable one. Yes, my Primaris Crusade is cleaner than Templars of old, but they still feel like Templars should. Better model support (Bladeguard especially) will make me embrace the chapter even more, but I'm never going to fully turn away from them even if we get nothing for years.

I have been ok with a cleaner look, after gazing at blanch BT artwork for hours, but veterans and HQ need tabards and bling.

Lets see what rules do the chainsword dudes have aswell, and if reivers will become neophytes :wink:

Its possilbe to see a new Primaris Crusadersquad with models they already exist for all chapters.

I think we need to very much keep in mind that GW will only ever give us the basest of afterthought lipservice, and nothing more. If everyone else gets a codex we might share one. If everyone else gets a supplement we'll get crammed in a team book. We are forever going to be in that awkward middle ground of being too big to be Crimson Fists but too much of an afterthought to matter. Furthermore, all the best melee rules will always go to BA and SW, leaving us in a weird middle ground of having to get melee related abilities that don't step on the toes of the "choppiest of boys." We're just popular and just large enough to always feel there is a chance we'll get our shot, without ever actually having that chance in reality.

These new units are a good example of that. The design is likely in direct response to people complaining Primaris are too bland, and nothing to do with BT specifically. But because we see echos of what we want in there we're going to crave that feeling of recognition. We should be happy that we have units we can turn to our purposes and not hope for more. Down that road lies only vast disappointment.

Don't mean to be a downer, but man. We just got access to some cool stuff. Let's really try hard to avoid hyping ourselves up for a meaning that very much isn't there.

I cannot independently verify with multiple sources, but I have been sitting on rumors for a few months now that GW leadership was extremely surprised at how prevalent the Black Templars requests/comments were in the Fall survey and they intended to do something about it. I didnt know what that meant, so I didnt put much stock into the source's comments...until this past Saturday.

I wouldn't find that super hard to believe. I mean, look at the post counts for the various Space Marine subforums: we have far more activity than any other Codex: SM chapter, even Ultramarines. You can't read too far into post counts on a single fan-driven forum, but I think there's something there. I hear and talk to a whole lot of non-BT players who think our chapter is aesthetically rad and are just disappointed with the amount of support we get.

It might be a bit of confirmation bias but I swear I see more Templars stuff on the 40k subreddit than any other chapter.

watched the QandA right now. I asked on twitter about disembarking and some Black Templar specific questions but nothing is said there.

Astartes Chainswords are better (dont know if each astartes have that Astartes Chainsword).

No Troops needed for CPs ( very stupid , I hope they are needed in missions and hope they are very important there) 

Blood Angels get a new codex although they already get PA supplement. (So we can hope for that situation too).

moral changes - more interactive things in the game 

tactical reservs are aviable for each faction (cost CPs)

Big monsters can shoot like Tanks (out of melee) so we have to destroy them in melee

A lot of different types of terrain which makes shooting a bit more diffcult.

maximum -1 to hit or +1 to wound.

Someone else said that Astartes chainswords are not primaris only.

Perhaps that's why Crusaders stayed at 13 points?

i talked with a friend. He meant that I heard this wrong and it was a joke by the GW guys and thats just normal chainswords but hmmm.... it really helped ^^

Hopefully we'll see a change to missions that make troupes important. In Sigmar there are missions in which only troupes can take or hold objectives. Things like that are a lot more graceful than the CP system was. It also gives us reasons to take transports for said troupes instead of just using them as a points battery and bullet spunge, while armies with huge bunches of troupes for cheap can continues the bullet spunge tactic just fine.

People are debating the chainsword thing since they didn't just state it's rules bit it sounds like a proper weapon upgrade that does more than just give +1 attack which would help a lot of melee units who can take them.

Q33: Are Astartes Intercessor chainswords better than other chainswords?

Stu - All Astartes chainswords are better than regular chainswords. They're bigger. Has more AP than a Guardsman being flung around. Different stat line.

I asked on twitter about disembarking and some Black Templar specific questions

Blood Angels get a new codex although they already get PA supplement. (So we can hope for that situation too).

They are just ignoring anyone that asks about BT. Been dropping a few tweets to no avail.

Our best chance is to have something when the next codex drops. And even so it is a low chance.

Edited by Sete

Someone else said that Astartes chainswords are not primaris only.

Perhaps that's why Crusaders stayed at 13 points?

Aw man you got my hopes up, they did confirm that the astartes Chainswords is an improved Chainswords in the live Q&A

I asked on twitter about disembarking and some Black Templar specific questions

They are just ignoring anyone that asks about BT. Been dropping a few tweets to no avail.

Our best chance is to have something when the next codex drops. And even so it is a low chance.

A supplement can be dropped at anytime. Chances are that it wasn't completed when the Marines were done, but they had an update ready by the time PA was done, though one that is likely not done. I expect we'll see some kind of proper Primaris support in the eventual supplement but it'll probably be behind Deathwatch (who was confirmed to be towards the front of 9th ed's release schedule).

I just hope we keep advance and charge, devout push, abhor the witch, and shock and awe. Those are really the big ones aside from our litany's.

Thise won't be going away for the short term. We may lose some stuff from Vigilus, but PA is likely making the transition unharmed.

+LOOK AT ALL OF THOSE TEMPLAR RELEASES+

Seriously. Everyone came up pocket aces but we have a third one in our boot. This is a glorious day for us and our crusading brethren. I’m ordering 3-D printed chapter symbols tonight in anticipation. Even the bikes! Oh Emperor it’s been so long since I’ve built and painted a bike. And the Judicar is my new D&D Paladin. Such a glorious release announcement. Even tops 8th Ed and that’s tough.