the BIG 9th edition room

Blade guard, captain etc, are wearing tabards (whice we've discussed previously, are actually aprons but I digress), that go under the chest plate for some reason.

Like the Ancient a lot better now that I know he has a crusade style helm. Not sure about the surcoat... he looks kinda.... muted? Diminutive? he doesn't even hold a weapon. Not sure it feels so much marine...

Blade guard, captain etc, are wearing tabards (whice we've discussed previously, are actually aprons but I digress), that go under the chest plate for some reason.

Like the Ancient a lot better now that I know he has a crusade style helm. Not sure about the surcoat... he looks kinda.... muted? Diminutive? he doesn't even hold a weapon. Not sure it feels so much marine...

Not a tabard at all:

Peter_O%27Donoghue.jpg

Never has any Space Marine model been depicted with a Tabard.

Isn't the Judiciar just wearing a coat?

No, it's a surcoat.

Compare this surcoat:

854.jpg

To the Judiciar:

S9mf6Kk6PJ7xKf7a.jpg

He's wearing a later period surcoat (as that's when they tended to have sleeves), but it's a surcoat.

Edited by Gederas

The judiciars coat has sleaves even. He just has unrobed his right arm holding his executioneers sword.

Gederas mentioned sleeves, apparently they came later.

Ooh, the Ancient would look good with a BT lantern instead of the skeleton hand, and the sheathed sword from the Upgrade kit.

Regardless, what the bladeguard are wearing are essentially the same as the old BT upgrade sprue. Call those what you will (they're technically aprons) but with the big difference that the top breast plate is going on top of it rather than the cloth going on top of the plate. Which is a really odd decision. Guess you can think of 'em as loincloths instead.

Edited by Reinhard

My concern is that we won't see a lot of these models outside a Start Collecting box. (If even then, if DI is anything to go by!) In which case, I reckon i may as well get this, get the rulebook I would have to get anyway, and then flog the Crons, and try and make back half of my money.

I have a friend who wants the necrons so we’ll each get one and swap the models. I just need to figure out how best to convert them.

On another note while I love almost all the new stuff that ATV is one of the ugliest things I’ve ever seen.

All the aesthetic misses of the ATV will be outweighed by what will surely be OP stats at the open. A lot of shots, no penalty to shoot and move, and a long move at that - 12-16", put one of those with three bikes and that's a highly mobile threat package.

Well my Crusade will definitely be getting a Marshall out of this box:

YiVjdHv.jpg

As for the stuff they previewed at the -very- end of the show, remember: everything looks better in black. :wink:

I will buy this box minimum 3x. If you can play the guys more then 3 models per unit then I will buy this box 6 times. The box gives you options to different helmets etc... 

Edited by Medjugorje

I will buy this box minimum 3x. If you can play the guys more then 3 models per unit then I will buy this box 6 times. The box gives you options to different helmets etc...

I'd wait for them to hit the market either second hand or in a stand alone box.

Rumors over on Dakka are putting this box at around $250USD.

i heard about 150 EUR or maybe 180 EUR. But it doesnt matter to me. I will buy that stuff. I want it, I get it. And one of my biggest armies next to my Black Templars are Necrons what intense to buy this box.

i heard about 150 EUR or maybe 180 EUR. But it doesnt matter to me. I will buy that stuff. I want it, I get it. And one of my biggest armies next to my Black Templars are Necrons what intense to buy this box.

I could see that for a regular starter without the double sprues or special characters. Edited by Fulkes