the BIG 9th edition room

Rules for cover come out tomorrow, which might change your mind.

And it's not like MSU Crusader spam wasn't a meta in the past.

There was a point to it then though. With less weapon options, it isn't really the same.
I just don't agree with the idea that all is doom and gloom already.

I mean, actual template rules didn't kill big Crusader squads in previous editions. I don't think new blast rules are going to kill them now. The problem with big Crusader squads in 8e has been that they simply aren't good in the first place, especially now that they cost more than Tacticals for no reason. If point changes make them more competitive with Intercessors and morale changes don't punish big squads anymore, I'd happily field a squad of 20, even against blast weapons. If somebody wants to let me allocate their d3-damage battle cannon shots to my Neophytes, more power to them.

Basically the Silent King has 32 wounds at T7 and T8, that regenerate, and has a 4+ invul, and his cost is 340 points.

He also has an aura that combines Guilliman and Abaddon's abilities whist boosting regeneration for units around him.

Wow. Deceiver should never have given him that many wounds! No wonder the C'tan got beaten! (A fluff crime in my eyes... but beside the point!)

he has just 16 wounds and the monolith/shields (whatever they are) each have 8

Gonna have to run 5 + 5 Crusader Squads in 9e :sad.:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2020/06/10/having-a-blastgw-homepage-post-1/

Hk1L3bsU3Z2y2Ev3.jpg

Rules for cover come out tomorrow, which might change your mind.

And it's not like MSU Crusader spam wasn't a meta in the past.

Moridan glory did. ( not that bad as i heard, but not that successful for placings like first or secound)

Thinking about it, Dreadnoughts are going to benefit a lot from the new Heavy weapon rules. No sacrifice of shooting capability whilst still moving up at full speed to smash things with their CCW.

Venerable at 2+, Las and Fist seems very good now.

but honestly - normal dreads are not benefit like the (already) better dreads do. There will be no difference.If you want to play a dread, then take the good ones.

The FW dreads will change when they re-release Imperial Armour. We don't know how - but we can say for sure that Dreads of all flavours are buffed by the Heavy weapon change. 

With the change for heavy weapons and vehicles I think Redemptors will get to see more light, specially the plasma variant since it can now move and fire without overheating instantly, of course it will depend on their points but overall Dreads just got better even if they got like a 20pt increase across the board.

the new terrain rules very much remind me of 4th edition's "terrain size" rule, where size 3 terrain blocked LoS etc.

depending how this is implemented, it indeed may help assault armies a lot.

a terrain with lots of ruins, in particular, would mean HELL for a gunline.

and it makes sense; urban warfare in real life is dominated by pistols and carbines, compact weapons, and even a small ammount of  axes have made an appearance for urban warfare in iraq and afghanistan. 

lets see how TOs react.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

Yeah, but those upgrade kits didn't have transfer sheets. Whereas the Salamanders, Iron Hands, Raven Guard and Fists upgrade kits came with Transfer Sheets as well as bits.

Hmm I know the transfer sheet exists... I have a blood angel one... but I realize i got it from a Blood Angel Intercessor kit.

Jes just described the robes as 'surcoats' not tabards. That may explain the new approach to them.

I mean, the Judicar is specifically wearing a surcoat.

Everyone else.... No idea what they're wearing, but those aren't surcoats :lol:

The Bladeguard Ancient is wearing what looks like a modified surcoat though