the BIG 9th edition room

I disagree. Because things like turret battle cannons can't fire that close anyway. They should almost have a minimum range against smaller units, like carapace weapons on titans.

What stops you from firing them apart from self harm?

I disagree. Because things like turret battle cannons can't fire that close anyway. They should almost have a minimum range against smaller units, like carapace weapons on titans.

Most blast weapons are turret weapons which can't traverse low enough to shoot oncoming targets.

I guess Dreadnoughts with Missile Launchers will have to shoot Krak into melee instead of Frag if they give Frag blast...

Frag Launchers! Who knew?

My premature excitement is who since I bought one!

No, the Frag Assault Launchers on Land Raiders, you may as well charge in with the tank now, because it protects it from harm from anything but other vehicles, you get to use the launchers on the way in, plus your attacks,(such that they are) and still get to shoot the unit next turn.

Frag Launchers! Who knew?

My premature excitement is who since I bought one!

No, the Frag Assault Launchers on Land Raiders, you may as well charge in with the tank now, because it protects it from harm from anything but other vehicles, you get to use the launchers on the way in, plus your attacks,(such that they are) and still get to shoot the unit next turn.

Oh, and we can reroll charges when we do it too!

FEAR MY ANGRY BRICK!

Most blast weapons are turret weapons which can't traverse low enough to shoot oncoming targets.

I guess Dreadnoughts with Missile Launchers will have to shoot Krak into melee instead of Frag if they give Frag blast...

I dont think each weapon which used to have a template will get this rule back.

I dont think each weapon which used to have a template will get this rule back.
True, but frag missiles were specifically meant to fight hordes, so I could see them get it back.

Makes sense.

... from much of the context, it seems True Line of Sight, or part of it anyway, is getting axed.

for those of us that played before True LoS was a thing (4th edition; tlos was introduced in 5th edition, and stayed almost the same since), it changes the game DRAMATICALY.

expect the need to move a lot if you want to shoot. basicaly, every time you need to focus-fire something, against a cunning opponent that uses terrain, only 20%-35% of your army will have LoS(sometimes not even the ideal models), so the rest of the army will need to move if you are serious about neutralizing the threat.

depending on how tournaments will react, if terrain and rules push that to 30-35%(i.e. smaller terrain pieces, easier LoS), the change of play will be important but small; if it gets to the hard percentage (20%), gunlines may actualy become obsolete/replaced by less lethal but mobile versions (so that they CAN focus-fire threats).

if these things turn out to be correct, the game will change in phenomenal ways.

Edited by MarshalMittermeier

... from much of the context, it seems True Line of Sight, or part of it anyway, is getting axed.

for those of us that played before True LoS was a thing (4th edition; tlos was introduced in 5th edition, and stayed almost the same since), it changes the game DRAMATICALY.

expect the need to move a lot if you want to shoot. basicaly, every time you need to focus-fire something, against a cunning opponent that uses terrain, only 20%-35% of your army will have LoS(sometimes not even the ideal models), so the rest of the army will need to move if you are serious about neutralizing the threat.

depending on how tournaments will react, if terrain and rules push that to 30-35%(i.e. smaller terrain pieces, easier LoS), the change of play will be important but small; if it gets to the hard percentage (20%), gunlines may actualy become obsolete/replaced by less lethal but mobile versions (so that they CAN focus-fire threats).

if these things turn out to be correct, the game will change in phenomenal ways.

With obscuring terrain we already had some hints of it going away. I think we're going to see a more Kill Team style LoS system to speed up game play.

About the blast weapons, are templates returning?

d6 is flat 6 if the enemy target is a horde. Tomorrow it will be explained at 3:30 pm. Then we can talk here again about that fact^^

With obscuring terrain we already had some hints of it going away. I think we're going to see a more Kill Team style LoS system to speed up game play.

i dont think so but we will see. I think its more a "back to older editions" thing.

If the Silent King rules are real then a Repulsor shouldn't cost more than 200 points lol

What are those? Is it bad?

Its not known about the output but rumors said that he is very good in defense statlines. Each shield has 8 wounds and 4++ and the throne themselve 16 wounds 4++ and healing 2d3 each round and many buffing auras.

I like the rules that are leaked so far. From a Necronplayers perspective and from the other side too.

Edited by Medjugorje

Basically the Silent King has 32 wounds at T7 and T8, that regenerate, and has a 4+ invul, and his cost is 340 points.

He also has an aura that combines Guilliman and Abaddon's abilities whist boosting regeneration for units around him.

Edited by Ishagu

Really hoping power of the machine spirit gets replaced by a 5+ invuln or better melee on land raiders.

I think it will be a rule like "never take negative modifiers".

Or it will just stay so 

Edited by Medjugorje

Basically the Silent King has 32 wounds at T7 and T8, that regenerate, and has a 4+ invul, and his cost is 340 points.

He also has an aura that combines Guilliman and Abaddon's abilities whist boosting regeneration for units around him.

Wow. Deceiver should never have given him that many wounds! No wonder the C'tan got beaten! (A fluff crime in my eyes... but beside the point!)