Rhavien's Sons of Sanguinius

Rhavien
Go to solution Solved by Rhavien,

• Solution
Hello fellow Blood Angel brethren. I finally decided to step out of the shadow and share my stuff with you. It took me quite a while (years) to even create an account for B&C, but here I am. I hope to get some painting motivation by sharing my stuff with you and please feel free to critizise my work and help me improve.
So, who am I? I live in Germany and mostly play friendly games with my friends. We have some competative thoughts behind our lists, but mainly it's for the fun and not the victory. As a teenager my first encounter with GW was Space Quest, or for the non european people Space Crusade. Since then I was driven to the guys in red and after I got the 2nd edition starter box, I decided to clad those space warriors in red.
Here I am, over two decades later and sharing my stuff with you. BA are not my only army, but my most beloved and by far most played. I still have some minis from back then and don't mind using them in games. As this thread grows, I'm sure you'll see some sins from the past and many models that are still WIP for more then ten years or even longer. Also my painting skills have improved over the years, but as I am a slow painter I never bothered to touch a finished mini again, bare the most severe cases. Since the realease of contrast paint I switched to them, as I think they really speed up my painting and used right can give you a wonderful result.

So here I present you some of my finished HQ choices:
gallery_199913_16481_65336.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_91158.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_89324.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_100981.jpg

gallery_199913_16420_23011.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_266.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_109884.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_14218.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_130619.jpg

gallery_199913_16481_70466.jpg

Thank you Xenith. I didn't like the "old man with beard" look from the original phobos captain model at all. I also did some knifework and gave him a proper BA blade.

gallery_199913_16420_73031.jpg

The second model is indeed my old custom sang priest back from 6th/7th edition. The colour is black basecoat with a heavy balthasar gold drybrush. Then some dark brown wash and a final mithril silver drybrush. Back then I was not so keen on the pure gold look the sanguinary guard has, but nowadays I'm really into shiny gold.

So this is my favourite model right now. It was the christmas present from my wife last year and I absolutely love him. He packs some serious firepower and has a moderate staying power. The arms and missiles are magnetized and I also have a pair of fists and a kheres assault cannon, but I didn't manage to get some paint on them till now.

gallery_199913_16420_32418.jpg

Thank you Bjorn and Vermintide.

The "not" Mephiston is from Wargames Exclusive. I couldn't stand my old one any more and it was maybe one and a half year before the GW one was released. Luckily he was already Primaris sized and looks buff enough to be a worthy alternative.

They also have a Dante model BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Battlebrothers! As 9th is nigh I found myself motivated to do some stuff. Mostly some touchups and completing nearly finished paintjobs. But beside that, I found myself hyped for some terminators as they didn't go up that much in points. So I primed those two guys for the contrast treatment today:

gallery_199913_16420_67450.jpg

Now here are some other models I also wanted to show you.

This is the painted part of my DC squad. The second half now only misses their jump packs, which I also had primed today.

gallery_199913_16420_131770.jpg

Supressor squad with some BA bits. In hindsight I have to say, that I should've put the backpack halo on the sarge to make him stand out, but in my head this brothers has earned it through some heroic deeds and it doesn't befit a space marine to be jealous. So sarge has to claim his own some day :wink:

gallery_199913_16420_25200.jpg

My old school vindicator. He has seen many many battles over the years and has received some scars he carries proudly.

gallery_199913_16420_106505.jpg

And finally my terminator ancient who grimly carries the 1st company banner into the fight.

gallery_199913_16420_13278.jpg

That's all for now! See you soon.

Hello Battlebrothers! As 9th is nigh I found myself motivated to do some stuff. Mostly some touchups and completing nearly finished paintjobs. But beside that, I found myself hyped for some terminators as they didn't go up that much in points. So I primed those two guys for the contrast treatment today:

gallery_199913_16420_67450.jpg

Now here are some other models I also wanted to show you.

This is the painted part of my DC squad. The second half now only misses their jump packs, which I also had primed today.

Supressor squad with some BA bits. In hindsight I have to say, that I should've put the backpack halo on the sarge to make him stand out, but in my head this brothers has earned it through some heroic deeds and it doesn't befit a space marine to be jealous. So sarge has to claim his own some day :wink:

My old school vindicator. He has seen many many battles over the years and has received some scars he carries proudly.

gallery_199913_16420_106505.jpg

And finally my terminator ancient who grimly carries the 1st company banner into the fight.

That's all for now! See you soon.

Love the Heroes series terms. I have a load waiting for me once I get the company done. Also, love the old vindi - glad it; served you in many battles...though I just realised the one I bought is missing 2 side plates :facepalm:

Welcome Rhavien, may your journeys here be glorious!
I also really like what you did with the Phobos Captain. Is that yellow on his cloak a contrast paint?

Mephiston looks appropriately ragey. Red eyes are a nice touch!

Your DC Smash Captain is also fantastic.

Keep up the good works :D

Thank you for the kind words everyone!

Majkhel, that's indeed contrast nazdregh yellow. The darker one of the two yellows.

Xenith, unfortunate that you are missing two of the side plates :(. Maybe you can use some bitz to beef him up?

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations!

The Lighting is terribly harsh though flattens the colours a lot.

The shield is really nice. Original concept comes from the Crimson Paladins?

Thank you. Well yes, I have to do something about the lighting. Bought a really cheap lighting box from Amazon and while you got backgrounds in any color you could ever want the led strips are not adjustable at all. Have to modify them somehow.

The shields are inspired by the crimson paladins I guess, yes.