GW's supply drops are coming (mystery models inside)

GreenScorpion

Here's a question, did they announce the winner of the 40k prize draw?...

That's supposed to have been done but hasn't been announced to my knowledge?... Cheeky...

The prize that everyone thought was Indomitus but it was never confirmed as such?

Yes, there was a link on WarCom - https://www.warhammer-community.com/newsletter-prize-draw-winners/

Thank you kindly! Didn't realise it'd been drawn :)

This was too rich for me. £75 for something, I'd need a bit more information on what i was buying at least down to individual factions vs everything imperial. I have most things imperial except SoB (so far...) but I like to aim for something. I'm clearly not their target for this. (SM heroes is more my level). 

I agree with what has been said before - it is great marketing move and potentially a great way to shift stock. We are all talking about it/it has created a 'buzz' etc. but to be fair, we would anyway as we are already invested in this hobby.

On a speculative side, what would be nice if if it includes things like the store birthday models and/or some of the warhammer world exclusives. The birthday models from last year were released in June 19 so could be end of life and not have shifted much due to lockdown, the warhammer world tank exclusives are 'old marines' so could eventually be retired or replaced with Primaris variants......?

I can't get behind GW on this one I'm afraid.  

I like others can only see them stuffing these boxes with old models/stock that doesn't sell that well.  Hardly going to pack it with the latest models are they :-)  They may stick one or two things in to try and get you starting another army, or some basic primaris stuff to stop people complaining about the contents...but I wont be drawn in.

I think I will stick with buying just the models I want/need at the 20-25% off mark from my new independent store. 

Obviously each to their own and this is just my personal view :-)

I don't understand, why is this so negatively recieved? There is no ingame benefit from these Supply Drops. You don't like them - you don't buy them. You're not gona miss out on anything if you ignore their existence.

Unless they contain unique models which you can't get anywhere else (e.g. Catachan Colonel) there is nothing to complain about.

If the internet community for this hobby has taught me anything, it's that people will complain about anything and everything GW does.

50% off miniatures? That's the worst thing EVER!

no one is pissed at the 50% off infact if GW had just put up what ever is in these boxes as a50% sale i bet most people would be happy but a "whats in the box" is too big a risk.

I think they should have just put a pack together with the details listed, they used to do sales like that years ago.

What I'd have done is made themed crusade support bundles and thrown in some accessories as the mystery bit so you know what you are getting but still get some fun bits.

I don't understand, why is this so negatively recieved? There is no ingame benefit from these Supply Drops. You don't like them - you don't buy them. You're not gona miss out on anything if you ignore their existence.

Unless they contain unique models which you can't get anywhere else (e.g. Catachan Colonel) there is nothing to complain about.

If the internet community for this hobby has taught me anything, it's that people will complain about anything and everything GW does.

50% off miniatures? That's the worst thing EVER!

no one is pissed at the 50% off infact if GW had just put up what ever is in these boxes as a50% sale i bet most people would be happy but a "whats in the box" is too big a risk.

Then maybe just do what I did and don't buy it? It's still ridiculous to be "pissed" about.

These are lootboxes, honestly- the issue is that far too many GW models are too ancient to make random buy worth it even for the chance of something "good".

Yes and no; certainly not by the modern definition set forth by EA that resulted in so much legislation getting passed to restrict their use... In this case at least you know exactly what the MSRP of the product you’re getting is, even if you don’t know exactly what it is you’re getting.

=][= Seems like the contents of some of the 40K boxes have been identified. Lets keep to the news and let’s not retread the loot vs. mystery box as we don’t have any reason to speculate there for the time being. Thanks Brothers. =][=

From AenarIT:

The content of the 40K box has been revealed as well (box received in Italy):

- Sallies Adrax Agatone

- DA Master Lazarus

- BA Mephiston

- SoB Arco-flagellants

- WS Korsarro Khan

- SW Fenrisian Wolves

- SM Bikes

That is one hell of a mish-mash of models :lol:

From AenarIT:

The content of the 40K box has been revealed as well (box received in Italy):

- Sallies Adrax Agatone

- DA Master Lazarus

- BA Mephiston

- SoB Arco-flagellants

- WS Korsarro Khan

- SW Fenrisian Wolves

- SM Bikes

Interesting selection. The Bikes are a complete whiff but I can see everything else getting put to good use.

Oook, that is a really weird mix, I don't think anyone expected there to be so many primaris character sculpts. I wonder what was the criteria for GW to select the kits, were these characters selling much less than expected by GW?

I would have personally expected more troops or unit kits rather than characters, but then again they are probably the kits with the highest price/cost ratio so I guess GW can afford it. Regarding the fenrisian wolves, weren't they sold out since a few months, though?

Edit: and yeah, calling it an Imperium box when there is only a single non-Space Marine kit in there seems a bit dishonest from GW. They could have just put a tactical squad instead of the arcoflagellants and call it a SM supply drop

Edited by Elzender

Well atleast for the most part there are only two old kits so not really a clearing old stock ploy. Shame so much Primaris characters and not some Ad Mech or Guard stuff instead.

No accessories? I'd have hoped they threw in a t-shirt or badges or something for flavour.

For £75 I could get a couple of Intercessor boxes and have something useful.

Well atleast for the most part there are only two old kits so not really a clearing old stock ploy. Shame so much Primaris characters and not some Ad Mech or Guard stuff instead.

No accessories? I'd have hoped they threw in a t-shirt or badges or something for flavour.

The community is not exactly one size fits all clothes friendly Edited by Dark Shepherd

They had mentioned in the article about the following:

• Miniatures to paint - Check, lots of characters which I have always found very overpriced overall (not just the SM ones)
  • Miniatures to start new armies - Check, almost nothing is from the same subfaction of space marines :D
  • Bits for your bit box - Characters don't usually have that much extra bits nor do arco-flagelants seem to be exactly bits box material, perhaps something from the bikes box? Still not exactly great amount of it. (2 box of tempestus have more bits box potential than those)