GW's supply drops are coming (mystery models inside)

GreenScorpion

Some uncredited boxes floating around Fb of another box containing the massed special characters, bikes and wolves from Italy, though as its uncredited it may be the same person who tipped off the mod here.

I've messaged the mods here based on some pics I've seen on a FB group. I haven't got the supply drop myself. 

Earlier I posted that I was disappointed not to have been able to order one of these.

When I saw the Beastgrave boxes i was even more disappointed as it was a really good spread of stuff for the price.

But it's the total and utter randomness of the 40K ones that makes me feel like I dodged a bullet.

If I had received the Cadian one rumoured I would have been over the moon, but if I had the weird SM characters one I would have been very disappointed - just no sense to that one at all.

It's the fact that it feels like Russian Roulette that means I probably won't partake in future.

Earlier I posted that I was disappointed not to have been able to order one of these.

When I saw the Beastgrave boxes i was even more disappointed as it was a really good spread of stuff for the price.

But it's the total and utter randomness of the 40K ones that makes me feel like I dodged a bullet.

If I had received the Cadian one rumoured I would have been over the moon, but if I had the weird SM characters one I would have been very disappointed - just no sense to that one at all.

It's the fact that it feels like Russian Roulette that means I probably won't partake in future.

I'm actually the opposite. I have a home brew SM chapter and I run them as which ever chapter takes my fancy. Other than the OG bikes, it would have been a win for me. 

Maybe if GW made their Special Characters correctly, they wouldn't have 20 million odd korsarro khans no-one wanted, not because he became primaris but because he yet again didn't get his bike. Would be like trying to sell Calgar without his gauntlets or Lysander without his hammer. He just looks like a fancy Khan for white scars, not Korsarro Khan.

Maybe if GW made their Special Characters correctly, they wouldn't have 20 million odd korsarro khans no-one wanted, not because he became primaris but because he yet again didn't get his bike. Would be like trying to sell Calgar without his gauntlets or Lysander without his hammer. He just looks like a fancy Khan for white scars, not Korsarro Khan.

<slow clap>

I think that was more of a release schedule thing as Primaris didn't have bikes at that point and he was tied to the suppliment release. Had they waited for bikes to release they would have missed the window then they would have had to create a new Primaris character which could have meant he never gets a model at all.

I think that was more of a release schedule thing as Primaris didn't have bikes at that point and he was tied to the suppliment release. Had they waited for bikes to release they would have missed the window then they would have had to create a new Primaris character which could have meant he never gets a model at all.

no reason they can't release a bike version separately. Last i checked he has always been able to be on foot or on bike.

A few folks on FB are talking about the slow dispatch of the boxes (UK).  One contacted GW and they are going to be dispatched "soon"; he said he thinks they are waiting on some bits, but I can't speak to it as it wasn't my email. 

A few folks on FB are talking about the slow dispatch of the boxes (UK).  One contacted GW and they are going to be dispatched "soon"; he said he thinks they are waiting on some bits, but I can't speak to it as it wasn't my email. 

I can corroborate that; I ordered the Underworlds box and as of now it still hasn't been dispatched.

I am still waiting on my Imperium box to be shipped, i did send them an email asking as to when they would be shipping them but i have yet to receive an email back from GW.

Anything yet? I'm ready to send the same question but it would be better to not spam them. 

I am still waiting on my Imperium box to be shipped, i did send them an email asking as to when they would be shipping them but i have yet to receive an email back from GW.

Anything yet? I'm ready to send the same question but it would be better to not spam them.

I've not had anything yet, fingers crossed that it will be shipped be the end of the week

Well, despite being open minded about this, having no other Underworlds stuff at all (so all Warbands are useful to me) and fully expecting there to be a bit of padding, GW still managed to disappoint me with the contents. Nearly half of it was non-model accessory stuff. One or two things, fine. Half the bloody box isn't models? Not cool.

Well, nothing ventured nothing gained, but I won't be taking the punt again on future drops, and I say that as somebody who would have been extremely pleased with the SM character pick&mix

So what your saying is there will be a surplus of cheap character kits on E-bay along with bikes :D

Supply drop? Someone want to definition check that for me because I'm currently trying not to bust a gut about how horrible that supply drop is because not even half of it is usable by a majority of players...oh wait that's why they did this!

So what your saying is there will be a surplus of cheap character kits on E-bay along with bikes :D

Supply drop? Someone want to definition check that for me because I'm currently trying not to bust a gut about how horrible that supply drop is because not even half of it is usable by a majority of players...oh wait that's why they did this!

I'm hoping

I had thought GW might out something exclusive in the first supply drop, so as to spur interest in future ones.

Instead this seems pretty rubbish. I'm glad I didnt get one and I won't in future. I suppose it was always to make room but I don't see them getting much interest in future, which they could have had. Maybe a bit short sighted by them.

I had thought GW might out something exclusive in the first supply drop, so as to spur interest in future ones.

Instead this seems pretty rubbish. I'm glad I didnt get one and I won't in future. I suppose it was always to make room but I don't see them getting much interest in future, which they could have had. Maybe a bit short sighted by them.

They would definitely advertise an exclusive new model for the supply drop, they'd feature it prominently and mention the rest of the supply drop would be random. No way they'd tool up a new mold and pay one of the designers to sculpt up a nice new model and just slip it in quietly with zero fanfare. Yeah, the customers would report it all over the net, but a company like GW wouldn't leave it up to chance like that. They put out multiple articles about exclusive models that are merely handed out at Adepticon or given out at store birthdays or the Citadel opening.