GW's supply drops are coming (mystery models inside)

GreenScorpion

Oooof pumping up the "value" with special characters, and not even the ones that are excellent conversion fodder thats pretty low, the SM bike kit is super dated and i could not sell the ones i got from Conquest until i gave them away, arco flagellants are also awful conversion fodder unless you go Inq28. 

The Wolves are nice, there is an increasingly sun bleached box in the window of a shop near my Mother in laws that i nearly buy like every time im down that way :D 

4 Special characters though... OUCH.

I've seen a few variations on the Underworlds box so far - a box that had Beastgrave, two extra warbands and some tokens / mats, a box with three of the more popular warbands and some supporting materials, etcetera.

It does seem to be a genuine mish-mash of items, though.

From AenarIT:

The content of the 40K box has been revealed as well (box received in Italy):

- Sallies Adrax Agatone

- DA Master Lazarus

- BA Mephiston

- SoB Arco-flagellants

- WS Korsarro Khan

- SW Fenrisian Wolves

- SM Bikes

@Red_Shift I guess we know where Korsarro went :D

I've seen a few variations on the Underworlds box so far - a box that had Beastgrave, two extra warbands and some tokens / mats, a box with three of the more popular warbands and some supporting materials, etcetera.

It does seem to be a genuine mish-mash of items, though.

Are those all within the UK?

All of these are UK - which is odd, as the contents shouldn't really be varying. I suspect there's been a bit of a miscommunication somewhere.

The content of your Supply Drop is dependent on where you are in the world – so, if you get multiple sets, you’ll get the same stuff. Additionally, each Supply Drop will have a theme to give you some idea of what you’re getting. This time around, we’re bringing you the Imperium Supply Drop and the Warhammer Underworlds supply drop.

That character-filled box would have been a real letdown for me. I suppose the Baneblade and friends would be pretty good to be on the receiving end of. That really is going from one extreme to the other.

Yeah, that Cadian box sounds nice enough, maybe the baneblade is not the most army starter-friendly tank you could include in the pack, but as a 50% off Cadian bundle it is a really nice option overall. It seems the EU buyers got the short end of the stick with this, even if the kits in isolation could be considered better by virtue of being newer overall.

Yeah, that Cadian box sounds nice enough, maybe the baneblade is not the most army starter-friendly tank you could include in the pack

Was anyone really planning on taking a chance on a box of unknown models at that price tag to start a new army? Even the seemingly narrow specification of the Imperium faction making up the contents actually leaves a huge amount of room for disappointment if you were wanting a specific sub-faction. 

The boxes were stated by GW to all be identical to each other (within regions), so these big variations in contents suggest either the reports are coming from different regions, GWs explanation of how it worked was wrong, or people are just plain lying about what they got to stir the pot (it's the internet, it happens).

Yeah, that Cadian box sounds nice enough, maybe the baneblade is not the most army starter-friendly tank you could include in the pack

Was anyone really planning on taking a chance on a box of unknown models at that price tag to start a new army? Even the seemingly narrow specification of the Imperium faction making up the contents actually leaves a huge amount of room for disappointment if you were wanting a specific sub-faction.

Oh no, not at all, but as I said in a previous post, all kits being Imperium allowed the possibility of using them as the basis for an Imperial Soup/Crusade army. The primaris named character heavy supply box leaves you in a very awkward position, as they belong to specific subfactions and are all named characters. As it is, I don't see how you could use the box as the basis of any project bar a multi-chapter conclave of HQs (and even then, hard to justify as that would usually happen at the Chapter Master level, not assorted captains and a Chief Librarian meeting for tea and biscuits :D) . I just feel that the main appeal of taking the risk for this box was precisely that one, and even if one of them is a single faction bundle, it still allows you to create an army out of it.

The boxes were stated by GW to all be identical to each other (within regions), so these big variations in contents suggest either the reports are coming from different regions, GWs explanation of how it worked was wrong, or people are just plain lying about what they got to stir the pot (it's the internet, it happens).

Could also be they dont want to straight up reveal what inventory theyre looking to dump

Some uncredited boxes floating around Fb of another box containing the massed special characters, bikes and wolves from Italy, though as its uncredited it may be the same person who tipped off the mod here.