Death Korps of Krieg 3rd Siege Regiment, Blue Company

The Pounder

Thanks Dark Legionarre.

Still no news on the Artillery but I've emailed FW. Though I've been told it can take 8 days for a reply. I guess I'll just have to wait it out.

I've finished my first Sergeant.

I used less blue on him (as he's not that important!) I think it works. I'm trying to keep them gritty.

50587660271_bbbe56a470_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Sergeant 

50586916708_144dc6de80_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Sergeant 

50587783602_a5b9e651da_c.jpgDeath Korps of Krieg Sergeant 

Thanks for looking, I'll post more pics when I've finished the rest of the squad.

Thanks Etheneus!

Phatsquirre1, that’s a massive compliment! Cheers! I just saw your log!

The Marshal and the Command HQ Squad are incredible sculpts and I found them easy to build.

DKoK are a great range with fantastic models aplenty!

Just take your time and you’ll be fine.

Good luck!

Some progress to report!!

This is the first squad of infantry for Blue Company.

Imaginatively I've called it Squad 1.

Really happy with them though they took longer to build and paint than I would like.

Hopefully I'll pick up speed as I get used to working with resin again!

Here's the pics:

Thanks for looking! 

Next up I'll be building my first Heavy Artillery piece. It'll be a Medusa Carriage.

This is the first post I see as soon as I get in after a long crap day and now I am in a good mood. Well painted Kriegers always put me in a good mood :wub: for I am just a simple man who loves himself some shovelbois. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Your Kriegers look like real-world soldiers, not children playing at war in costumes that remain immaculate- an impossibility in battle, with mud and blood being flung everywhere. (End bitter rant about sergeants I served under, when I was in the Army.)

Excellent work.

Thanks for the interest guys!

GreenScorpion, I had a few guys with banana shaped guns and a lot of mould lines to contend with! Nothing major but it slowed me down.

Slave to Darkness, glad I could improve your mood!!

Bjorn Firewalker, that’s exactly what I was going for! I’m trying to make them look realistic.

I’ve finished building the carriage for my first Medusa. Will hopefully get it finished by the end of the week.

GreenScorpion, I had a few guys with banana shaped guns and a lot of mould lines to contend with! Nothing major but it slowed me down.

The thin lasguns and such should be a nightmare to reshape due to resin bending :|

Most of my resin parts are small enough that there is no major bending along the larger dimension, but it does make me stay away from larger stuff like vehicles, as I am just not very comfortable with reshaping large stuff.

Will await your Medusa with interest :)

The thin lasguns and such should be a nightmare to reshape due to resin bending :|

Most of my resin parts are small enough that there is no major bending along the larger dimension, but it does make me stay away from larger stuff like vehicles, as I am just not very comfortable with reshaping large stuff.

Will await your Medusa with interest :smile.:

The lasguns I've seen haven't been too bad either in terms of bending, a little bit of hot water and they popped right back into shape. Honestly, for me to most annoying bit is the flash between the barrel and lower handguard/rail, which is tough to clean out without scoring the barrel itself.

I'll echo Jud in that the mould lines have been a real pain, and keep showing up even once I think they're gone. :sweat:

• 2 weeks later...

Right on Judd...just got caught up on the last few pages of your Korps.

Looking good man. Kinda crazy about the DKoK rules getting what they got and I'm holding out for the 9th AM 'dex in hopes that there is some more flavorful love sprinkled about.

Looking forward to seei g your mini-dio's as I think that adds an awesome element to gameplay for sure

Thanks Raziel-TX! I'm hoping to add more Cavalry in the new year!

lionofjudah, Cheers man! Here's hoping GW will do something Krieg related in the new codex (plastic Krieg infantry would save us a fortune!)

I've finished my first Heavy Artillery Carriage!

I started with the Medusa as I'd heard it was a more forgiving kit.

Couldn't be happier with the results even if the base I've used is a little smaller than I would've liked.

I added a campaign badge for some added interest along with 3rd Regiment numbering and the B of this battery.

Here's the pics:

I have another 2 Medusas and 3 Earthashakers but will need to order some more balsa wood strips to crack on with these.
Thanks for looking!

Amazing work as always :)
Only suggestion from my side is that the rear supports really look like they need something to lay on. Perhaps something around the base as part of an extended diorama?
A rectangular area with a hole for the base could help with that and it could provide some interesting basing opportunities (like having an artillery battery with some of the other weapons you have).
The barbed wire and the wood floor really looks amazing :)

Thanks Bjorn Firewalker!

GreenScorpion, I was thinking about doing something like that, if I wasn’t such a lazy modeller! The idea for this piece was to make it look like these were some sort of command gun while the other 2 Medusas were aiming/loading, we’ll see.

Phatsquirre1, yeah, they’re bits of balsa wood for the trench boards.

Slave to Darkness, that’s what all the girls say

Walter h, cheers!

Warhead01, I know what you mean. This is the third time of trying so I’ve had some practice! I’m a long way off an army pic. Maybe once I hit around 1000pts.

Thanks for all the interest guys! I have to do some work on my brother’s Templars over the next week or so but I’ll keep you posted probably in the new year!