Stallenberg 502nd... with added Norfolkian 8th. 'Pip pip old chap!'

Not Guard related, but I have a small problem, Battlescribe has stopped working for me, if I click the icon I get the lil blue spinny loading icon for a few seconds then nothing, I have uninstalled and re installed the latest version and still nothing happens, anyone have any ideas? Im totally retarded when it comes to computers, my idea of turning my laptop on is stroking it whilst telling it its pretty for a Toshiba, help!!!! 

I may treat myself to a little something on friday when I get creds...

https://mortian.shop/produkt-kategorie/ogres/

This guy is looking tempting as an Ogryn Bodyguard.

IMG_20201230_222324-01-510x510.jpegIMG_20201230_222539-01-510x510.jpeg

Naturally he will have the shovel. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Having a looksie on ebay at some 3d printed stuff and I was wondering if a 1/72 scale PAK 38 would look ok next to a guardsman or would it be a little bit too small? If they would be suitable I think I have just found some cheap proxy lascannons. :smile.: Does anyone here have any clue if the scale is right? 

+++EDIT+++ Nevermind, I just found 28mm Paks and Nebelwerfers, thats me sorted. :tu: 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Just found even better Paks and Werfers, same price but with crew as well. So Ill be picking up 3 Paks for my Lascannon squad and a Nebelwerfer as a proxy Quadlauncher. I think I have enough Cadian bits to make the crewmembers.

Heres the ebay pictures of said minis.

med_gallery_75911_16694_456496.pngmed_gallery_75911_16694_405431.png

Pak 40s and Nebelwerfer have arrived, luckily I have some spare Cadians to convert as crew as these dudes are tiny, guns are perfect though. To make my bits stretch out more I may have one guardsman crew and one smol german crew, headfluff reasoning being times are hard so they have drafted new crew from the conscripts, bit on the small side but Im sure they will grow into their uniforms after a few hearty meals of corpse starch and mud... 

Oh in other news I got a sprue of Norman infantry weapons, hopefully the spears will make passable hunting lances for the Rough Riders I was gonna convert out of the Napoleonic french cav I bought ages ago. Busy busy busy.

Yeah I got the same thing, gonna have to blow a hefty chunk for a minimum order, think Ill just buy a 3D printer instead. :D Or stick on some of my girlfriends clothes and get my ass down the docks to show my ankles off. I hear you can get a lot of cash for hairy ankles. :lol: I can just imagine the local headlines 'Angry bearded shiny headed Dwarf in thigh high socks found screaming 'We Are His Shovel' whilst chasing locals through dockland at night'.  Perfect. 

Noticed earlier that the Pak barrels were slightly warped, cant have the emperors finest Guardsmen fighting with droopy weapons. Gave them a dunk in some hot water and showed them some Daemonettes and now everything is pointing in the right direction. Just working on the crewmembers then Ill get a shot of them before they get primed.

Annoyingly every documentary I watch seems to have good shots of the Paks doing their thing, looking all nice and camouflaged up, now that I want to get some good images of them I cant find anything. Damn you google. :lol: Guess its time to re watch the World at War series, I remember that had some good footage in a few episodes.

Im also contemplating picking up a 3D printer next month if money permits, I want my WW2 themed chaps to be fully mechanised and I dont fancy 20+ quid a pop per transport (and thats for badly painted and built ones on ebay), the cash spent on APC's alone would cover the cost of the printer and all the extras I need, and there are some very sexy looking not Death Riders out there that look better than my scrawny ass Great War German horsieboys that I need in my life, and some tank rails for the back of my Russ tanks, pintle mounted heavy stubbers, track guards, etc. More reasons for me to get a printer than reasons not to. :D Thats what Im telling myself anyway.

So yeah, I should have something to report with images tomorrow, no point in showing the Paks atm when they are just plain resin, we all know what a Pak looks like and the minis Im using were shown a few posts up so didnt see much point in showing you all.

In the meantime, heres some quick shots I took to show my mate how big my Guard army is, nearest thing I have to a family photo atm.

Most of the Stallenberg 666th (minus the Conscripts).

med_gallery_75911_12239_51284.jpg

and the start of their Artillery.

med_gallery_75911_12239_916732.jpg

and the Stallenberg 502nd, minus the Lascannons/Paks and Quad Launcher/Nebelwerfer. Ignore the red Priest in the corner, dont know why he is in the box, he should be in my Necromunda stuff...

med_gallery_75911_12239_1146142.jpg

and a little something for my Guards allies (headcannon they are fighting with the Space Wolves atm).

med_gallery_75911_12239_346915.jpg

Look at the size of him next to a Daemon Prince and current Boxnaught!! Cant wait to compare him to the 1st ed Great Unclean One. :lol:

med_gallery_75911_12239_764776.jpg

Little preview of what Wargames Atlantic are working on. May grab some of these, a box of Bolt Action Soviets and smash them together to make another Guard army.

med_gallery_75911_16694_30169.jpg

Gonna do the same with the Space Brits and WW1 Brits as well, gonna need someone for my Stallenbergers to stare at across my shelves.

They still are in my armies, love them, I never play unless I have at least one dread and a squad of terminators in my army. :wub:

Good on you! I won’t play a game without any artillery! (Not exactly a secret!)

I was trying to work out a small force the other day and I couldnt fit in all my artillery, malcador and death riders, was an emotional moment, I had to drop down to one heavy mortar and one quad launcher. :lol

Basically I got into a debate with a friend and I said 40k is now just 'gotcha' moments with stratagems and a lot of the tactical finesse has gone from the game, my friend claims the opposite. So to settle the debate were playing with no stratagems soon, and to make it fair as I have not played 9th yet he will use my WW2 Guard, as he has never played with guard ever. So technically were on an even footing. 

Ill get some pictures and maybe write up a little batrep when its done, not had a good game of guard vs guard since 5th edition. 

Pre shots of the Paks and Werfer...

med_gallery_75911_16694_746690.jpg

med_gallery_75911_16694_367663.jpg

different angle

med_gallery_75911_16694_434291.jpgmed_gallery_75911_16694_639105.jpg

and a wip...

med_gallery_75911_16694_1278350.jpg

Instead of going for the usual green with brown/tan splotches I thought Id mix it up a little and go brown with green/tan instead, same colours but I wont go nuts painting the same thing over and over...