Stallenberg 502nd... with added Norfolkian 8th. 'Pip pip old chap!'

Just found some company I have never heard of doing 1/35 SDKFZ 251/1 halftracks for £15, 2 halftracks for the price of a single Chimera? That will do me. :D

Just need the pennies now and my Stallenberg 502 will be fully mechanised. :tu: 6 should do the job.

No idea!! :lol

Instead of a turreted weapon I may have it mounted behind the driver like the halftrack armaments. For the heavy bolter I have no idea, Ill figure something out eventually, got 2 weeks before I get paid again so plenty of time for brainstorming. 

Any ideas?? 

Ooh Marder III looking cheap on ebay, may even add a Basilisk or two to my army now. Think the Jagd PzIV or JagdPanther would make a good proxy for one of those Leman Russ Tank Destroyers? Maus is looking tasty as well. 

No idea!! :lol

Instead of a turreted weapon I may have it mounted behind the driver like the halftrack armaments. For the heavy bolter I have no idea, Ill figure something out eventually, got 2 weeks before I get paid again so plenty of time for brainstorming. 

Any ideas??

You can’t go wrong with an Aquila and some Guard heavy weapons bolted on!

Well WGA announced the Space Brits today. 

https://wargamesatlantic.com/collections/demo-collection/products/bulldogs

just look at this sexy little dude painted in a WW1 scheme instead of the Redcoats (damn Butlins staff get everywhere). 

BulldogVSF_1800x1800.jpg?v=1648166396

Gonna use these for Vets/Command etc and when the WW1 Brits drop Ill fill out the basic infantry with those. Time to start researching suitable tanks and all that good stuff. :biggrin.: 

Omg they have a bloody teacup!!! Thats even cooler than shovels!!! 

Bulldogwhite3_1800x1800.jpg?v=1648166396

Pik of the WW1 stuff. I think I could make a passable force with these two sets and a few historical tanks. 

WW1_British.jpg?v=1629214062

Edited by Slave to Darkness

• 2 weeks later...

Just found the WGA Death Fields conversion sprue on ebay almost £1.50 cheaper than buying from them direct (including postage), I may pick some up to use on the armoured Storm Trooper/Trench clearing squad as the gasmask filter packs will (should, in theory) cover up most of the shoddy sculpting work Ill end up doing. Then that will be another thing to cross off the to do list. Slowly getting everything done, just the armoured dudes and some Death Riders I need to convert out of some Perry Miniatures stuff I bought when I first started this army and Ill be done with building stuff (for the time being, I still need to get another box of WW1 French for another 30 infantry and maybe some more Quad Launchers). 

Just waiting on the Space Brits to drop now, well pumped for those. I am even going to make a tiny version of Britians bravest fighter to ever live... 

Dads-Army-Private-Pike-400-stamp-587x434

The WGA French Resistance has a nice scarf in the box, ever since I saw that on the sprue I knew what its needed for. 

I may actually do the Dads Army lot as a unit of conscripts, may even throw in some of the guys from 'It Aint Half Hot Mum' as well. 

Yeah I am gonna be a bit tongue in cheek with these guys, as an opposite of the super serious Stallenberg boys. I might do a command squad sat around a table with tea and crumpets under fire, a casualty with half his leg off drinking tea, snipers drinking tea, objective crates just labelled 'Tea'... 

I may even throw in a grandfather clock as well. 

2b892a60dbe52076a5f1b9c0e2797ed6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

WGA have teased their WW1 Russians, with adorable gasmasks, now I have the urge to do some Great War themed Valhallans, and with the price of their kits I can finally run conscript spam for the laughs...

Gasmasks.jpg?v=1649966653

Other pictures of the kit up on their site.

https://wargamesatlantic.com/blogs/news/the-russians-are-coming

So I just googled WW1 Russian Tanks and I came across the 'Tsar Tank'. 

tsar-tank-8.jpg

What the hell could I proxy with one of these? Its so stupid looking I need one! 

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Oh boy, that one... That prototype was so stupidly built that it stucked in a mud and was too heavy to move so it was deconstructed later. It was approved by tzar himself because the small model was fun to play with. Please do not use it. it is a product of marketing not engineering

Well the only model I could find of the Tsar Tank was £150 ish in resin. So hard no on silly bigwheel tank. 

Might try something on a smaller scale for Ash Wastes though, its too stupid looking to not make.

Did a thing with some bits...

Death Rider Command.

med_gallery_75911_16694_355009.jpg

Dude with the trumpet is the Vox Caster, he communicates by doots.

Some form of HQ choice.

med_gallery_75911_16694_154686.jpg

''Chargen ze Heretiken!!!!''

med_gallery_75911_16694_283955.jpg

Still need to add grenades and pouches etc, the commander needs the holes patching in the horse armour as well.

Technically got my first game with the Stallenberg boys tomorrow, but its 1st edition :lol

This is what 500 points will get you from the core book (no compendiums etc,). Not a proper game technically as Im playing myself just to get used to the rules again, it has been 29 years since I last used them. Gonna be weird seeing Str 3 marines with a 4+ save running about after all these years.

Imperial Army (Guard)

Major Hero

Plasma Pistol, Power Sword, Flak Armour, Mesh Armour, Frag Grenades.

Champion

Needler, Flak Armour, Mesh Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Flamer, Flak Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

10 Guardsmen

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Grenade Launcher (frag and crack), Flak Armour. 

10 Guardsmen

Las Guns, Las Pistol, Grenade Launcher (frag and crack), Flak Armour. 

vs 

Marines

Major Hero 

Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Frag Grenades, Displacer Field, Power Armour

Champion 

Bolt Gun, Bolt Pistol, Power Axe, Frag Grenades, Chainsword, Power Armour.

10 Marines

Bolt Guns, Bolt Pistols, Power Fist, Flamer, Missile Launcher (frag and crack), Frag Grenades, Suspensors, Power Armour.

5 Marines 

Bolt Guns, Bolt Pistols, Frag Grenades, Power Armour.

• 2 weeks later...

Just ordered a motorbike-sidecar to use as a Sentinel, and a couple more WW1 cavalry so Im now running a legal unit of Death Riders, also got some 3d printed Chimera turrets and a halftrak to use as a Chimera, finally the vets are getting mobilized, which was the original idea for my army before the WW1 themed Guard bug got me. 

I missed your cavalry squadron before.

They look great!

The poses are very dynamic (as well as looking suitably Great War inspired)

Looking forward to seeing them painted.

Tbh I forgot I converted those, got so many little projects on the go Im loosing track of what I have started. :lol: Got the two German Uhlan I ordered in today so that gives me a command squad and 6 man deathrider unit, might add more depending on how they perform in games. Any advice for a potential cavalry commander??

This is the biker Ill be using for Sentinels. If it looks as good in the flesh (well resin) Ill grab a few more to run a full squad.

med_gallery_75911_16694_495919.png

These are the turrets I have bought to convert up the WW2 Halftracks/Chimeras.

med_gallery_75911_16694_74303.jpg

Just got to wait for it all to be printed :( should turn up in the next week (hopefully).

Just ordered a sprue of WGA Cannon Fodder to make some Penal troops, not sure what colours to do them, as my army is German themed I think grey would be cutting it a bit too close to real world stuff, deffo staying away from stripes anyway, Guantanamo orange maybe? Or an off white with a unit number printed on the back?? I dunno, what do you guys think? 

Also do I have the Penal lot all built as is from the box or should I try and make them all unique like Schafers Last Chancers? 

All the 3d printed bits mentioned above have been shipped, just a waiting game now. *stares at letterbox in frustration*

In other news, my test game of 1st ed was amusing, the Guard tabled the marines :lol: I took notes and a few pictures if anyone wants me to write up a quick batrep