Gore Crow's Project Log - 30k Iron Hands

Gore Crow
Go to solution Solved by Gore Crow,

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Those look fantastic dude, how did you do the red hand prints? I'm loving the shields, they look printed, is that the case?

I used fallout hobbies bloody handprints but I put them on too early in my stages so you could barely see them, at the end I sort of traced over what I could see with Blood for the Blood god and added splatters with the same and a toothbrush.

The shields are from popgoesthemonkey

Thanks guys!

Those look fantastic dude, how did you do the red hand prints? I'm loving the shields, they look printed, is that the case?

I used fallout hobbies bloody handprints but I put them on too early in my stages so you could barely see them, at the end I sort of traced over what I could see with Blood for the Blood god and added splatters with the same and a toothbrush.

Thanks for giving me that link to those handprints... this will be fun. 

Thanks guys!

Thanks for giving me that link to those handprints... this will be fun.

Seconding this. Very useful for my Night Lords myself :yes:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Big fan of these. Love the banner bearer, though I think he looks at home on the same sort of base as the others!

Excellent work. Are they Atramentar?

Depends on what he feels like running them, but Atramentar were typically depicted as having the Nostraman Lion pad on their right shoulder. Though less lion, more sabre-tooth if we're following Sevatars' FW model. 

Looking good! How'd you add the spikes?

Those look like the Pop Goes the Monkey pads. 

Thanks all!

Nah I don't think my small force would warrant having any Atramentar just yet, they're relatively small fry!

As HNL says the pauldrons are from pop goes the monkey - the spikes are cool but I think I would try and use the contekar shoulders for the legion icon if I were to do it again.

• 3 weeks later...

This weekend I had my first couple of games of 30k in prep for my first event at the end of the month.

I asked to play against 'something fast' and 'something slow', and no mercy - mistake 1/1

I had a delegatus, two terror squads with volkite chargers, a night raptor squad and a unit of hussars in a terror assault RoW.

RG had a beatstick praetor, dark furies, mor deythan, tac squad and assault squad.

hHqpmtYl.jpg?1

My deployment against the Raven Guard decap strike; two drab forces fighting in a drab city #photogenic

7FXFHmgl.jpg?1

This terror squad is immediately charged and destroyed by dark furies and a praetor. My bad, boys. 2/2

xCkY1j1l.jpg

My hussars charge into the fray to avenge their brethren, (or grab their stuff) but are cut down with ease. Should have learned 3/3

gcOGWG9l.jpg

The other terror squad hides takes cover to avoid fire from mor deythan skulking around my deployment zone

FJZpYjYl.jpg?1

After considering their options, the terror squad opted to choom and charge the assault marines. They wipe the unit but are then shot to pieces by the tactical squad lurking in the building next to them.

qZwtBngl.jpg

My Night Raptors eventually deep strike in miles away and spend a couple of turns getting to the action - wiping out a tactical squad before being shot by mor deythan, charged by dark furies, and killed. 4/4

With that I was tabled; juked out of my shoes by the RG.

Next up was an Imperial Fists force - two units of breachers, some cataphactii, and a quad launcher/gun? 

MZ2cT5Fl.jpg

A terror squad once again gets charged ASAP by the terminators and praetor, but three of them manage to survive. One terminator got plinked in overwatch which was fun.

My night raptors counterattack the terminators and pretty much just bounce off the 3++, also my huntsmaster gets his head caved in a challenge.

Next turn, my delegatus accepts the praetor's challenge, rends with his headsmans axe and doubles the IF out. Fun!

n1izUtll.jpg

After eventually grinding out the terminators, my night raptors turn towards the breacher squad behind and get drilled by bolter fire. The delegatus survives, charges the breacher squad, wins combat and runs them all down. Fun!

On the other side of the board, terror squad 2 and hussars attempt to kill the second breacher squad, but get shot by the quad gun/fail first charge/whiff a load of attacks/fail morale and scurry away.

AseY87Pl.jpg

Look at those smug breachers.

Two not very close games but I had a good time.

Did not like paragon blades, plasma, dark furies, T5 breachers, big 3++ termi shields or passing fear tests. Pls remove.

However thoroughly enjoyed night fighting, preferred enemy, rending, deflagrate and outnumbering people. 

Edited by Gore Crow

• 2 weeks later...