Codex Predictions + Hopes

WARMASTER_

I have a suspicion that our 'Codex DA special unit' (Sons of Morkai/Death Company intercessors... why a single chainsword?!) is going to be Hellblasters... And that unit will have a WotDA equivalent...

It's the last Dark Imperium Primaris type unit, Gravis etb kits look to be going into combat patrol sets, I don't think BGV will be added in this way as they are new and Vanguard units are still popular on other 1st founding Chapters...

Crazy idea?

On the Primaris/FB marine thing... I see a view that GW will eventually just drop 'Primaris' keywording over the 10-11th edition... And you will then see the old marine kits discotinued and more upgrade sprues made available... We might still be waiting for the Heavy Intercessor kit though

Edited by Fierce Bear

I have a suspicion that our 'Codex DA special unit' (Sons of Morkai/Death Company intercessors... why a single chainsword?!) is going to be Hellblasters... And that unit will have a WotDA equivalent...

It's the last Dark Imperium Primaris type unit, Gravis etb kits look to be going into combat patrol sets, I don't think BGV will be added in this way as they are new and Vanguard units are still popular on other 1st founding Chapters...

Crazy idea?

On the Primaris/FB marine thing... I see a view that GW will eventually just drop 'Primaris' keywording over the 10-11th edition... And you will then see the old marine kits discotinued and more upgrade sprues made available... We might still be waiting for the Heavy Intercessor kit though

One last thing... None using a BGV LT to support Deathwing?

We already have always some master crafted plasma weapons in the index so it will not surprise me to have a veteran hellblaster unit (elite slot) with master crafted plasma weapons too

But i dont kn ow if we will get something cause SW only get something while BA already had primaris DC and DW had nothing at all

Edited by Master Sheol

shabbadoo, on 26 Dec 2020 - 07:01 AM, said:

Slow moving Death Guard are turning out to be kinda sneaky.

Like Drax the Destroyer, they've mastered the art of remaining so still they become invisible to the eye!

Another random wish: a “Veteran Intercessors” box. 5x Intercessors with a set of robes torsos and legs. Could be broken up to use as sergeants.

(Chances of this: 5%.)

Not being willing to wait, I went with a 3rd party option. Kromlech, aka bitsofwar.com. Look for the Prime Legionaries robed bodies, and there are also bits available for all manner of puroses.

Prime Legionaries Bodies Robed

I’ve LOVED reading through a lot of the suggestions above.  This is what I would like to see.  I'm not asking for much!  LOL

+ Expanded fluff for some successors and I’d like to see one of our successor chapters get the fleshtearer treatment.  Some rules to give them a DA twist.  My preference would be the Consecrators.

+ I’d like to see some more lore breakdown of the Companies, especially the 1st and 2nd, now that there will be primaris within there.  A specific primaris RW/DW unit?

+ I’d like to see the addition of our Sacred Standards, plus the DW and RW banners  We really have 3 separate lists, that can also be used together.  The SS, would help expand on that.

+ Due to our multiple lists options I hope we don’t get short changed on the stratagem front.  We need extra, some for just DW, just RW, and then overall.

+ I’d like to see the return of WotDA in some way.  Also a possible expansion of the Volkite wargear

+ I really hope all the Fallen rules get moved to Crusade.  It’s annoying having stratagems/rules that have next to zero chance of being used.

+ I’d like to see one of our characters cross the Rubicon.  The current models do not hold up well.  Azreal is my preference for this.

+ Something uniquely RW for one of the new fast units.  Outriders/ATV’s/Stormspeeders.  Something more than just the RW keyword.  An armament combo, unique formation, etc… that is just for RW.

+ a proper RW command squad, this includes making the chap on bike RW, and returning libby on bike, into RW as well.  If your RW, you get jink.  Period.

+ I still want to see an Attack Bike with a plasma talon option.  It just gives it so much better utility.  Especially when it has the MM on it.

+ I pray that the current Inner Circle rule stays untouched.

Edited by Brother_Darius

Highly doubt they'll drop the oldmarine kits in 10E. The way the Primaris in the RW/DW are shaping up looks like they expect you to run both.

As of now, there is no BGV Lieutenant for Deathwing. I figure we'll see something like the Death Company LTs in the BA codex though.

They said Ravenwing will be faster and deadlier than before.

Something like a pregame redeployment passive for a pure RW detachment would be sick. I cant wait to see what happens.

Well RW used to have a scout move so would not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Imagine if we had an extra 2" move to any bike/speeder unit though? *drools*

They said Ravenwing will be faster and deadlier than before.

Something like a pregame redeployment passive for a pure RW detachment would be sick. I cant wait to see what happens.

Well RW used to have a scout move so would not be beyond the realms of possibility.

Imagine if we had an extra 2" move to any bike/speeder unit though? *drools*

Scout move before the game, or a rapid redeployment stratagem for ravenwing unit will be great. The ravenwing warlord trait Outrider can be good but it's limit to the warlord and 1 ravenwing unit.

The wait is so long, now my greatest hope is we don't get our supplement after a chapter approuved updated that break our supplement day 1. (like ROTD and the change to doctrine).

Well, we got a lore article focusing on the Rock.  Whilst it doesn't give any info on when the supplement is likely to drop it's nice to see it's definitely on the horizon, after GW delayed most releases due to Covid etc. Article is here:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/06/how-the-dark-angels-lost-a-homeworld-and-gained-the-rock/

Buried in the Munitorum Field Manual update, it's looking like the new unit is the Deathwing Strikemaster:

Deathwing Strikemaster Unit size 1 model

Unit cost 95 pts

Chainfist +5 pts

Mace of absolution +10 pts

Storm shield +5 pts

Thunder hammer +10 pts

Based on points and options, it looks like some kind of Deathwing Lieutenant.  Also our Deathwing upgrade ability is called "Rites of Initiation"

Rites of Initiation

Captain +20 pts

Primaris Lieutenantequipped with storm shield +15 pts

Dreadnought +15 pts

Land Raider +10 pts

Repulsor +10 pts

Stormraven Gunship +10 pts

Transport that can transport Terminators +10 pts

I'm looking forward to Deathwing aircraft?

Edited by Syphid

Speculation here:

I would expect the new Strikemaster unit to have a DEATHWING special rule in the way that the Talonmaster has a RAVENWING special rule. Any units then that you upgrade using the Rites of Initiation get to benefit from the various DEATHWING auras - Belial, Strikemaster, Ancient, Relics. The Vehicle one is odd as auras usually require the CORE keyword, so maybe we'll see some DEATHWING vehicle-specific stratagem support.

The other odd one - TRANSPORT that can transport TERMINATORS - Repulsors/Impulsors? I can only think this is to encourage you to mix Primaris and Terminator units? For example having Belial riding along with some Bladeguard Veterans, or a Primaris Lt riding along with a Deathwing Command Squad?

Intrigued, I am!

The Strikemaster is welcome and fills a gap in DW only armies, while the fact we can induct characters in the DW is super welcome ( sadly no primaris captain? or I am not reading it correctly perhaps).

Besides, the big thing is that if the DW keyword can be given to Dreads and tanks, it means it will do something for them too.

Speculation here:

I would expect the new Strikemaster unit to have a DEATHWING special rule in the way that the Talonmaster has a RAVENWING special rule. Any units then that you upgrade using the Rites of Initiation get to benefit from the various DEATHWING auras - Belial, Strikemaster, Ancient, Relics. The Vehicle one is odd as auras usually require the CORE keyword, so maybe we'll see some DEATHWING vehicle-specific stratagem support.

The other odd one - TRANSPORT that can transport TERMINATORS - Repulsors/Impulsors? I can only think this is to encourage you to mix Primaris and Terminator units? For example having Belial riding along with some Bladeguard Veterans, or a Primaris Lt riding along with a Deathwing Command Squad?

Intrigued, I am!

Might be the upgrade for forge World units, make thunderhawks even greater

Well since death guard codex can be preordered on January 16th, we will probably be able to pre order on January 30th.

Here’s hoping it comes with the Bladeguard and the Heavy Intercessors

The Strikemaster is welcome and fills a gap in DW only armies, while the fact we can induct characters in the DW is super welcome ( sadly no primaris captain? or I am not reading it correctly perhaps).

Besides, the big thing is that if the DW keyword can be given to Dreads and tanks, it means it will do something for them too.

You’re right it’s just first born, we get the new Indomitus LT and he’s a bit of a beast for a cheap character and with the strike master coming It’s a nice boost Edited by BladeOfVengeance

Is it just the firstborn, or is it anything with the 'Captain' keyword, just like the Dreadnought entry would be with the 'Dreadnought' keyword.

I would think it would work like the Chapter Command upgrades, which work for any officer with that keyword.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

In the rites of initiation table they only list the MAIN keyword for the units leaving you the possibility to upgrade all variants cause all land raiders have the generic LAND RAIDER keyword

And this is for the Captain (mmaster) too cause all captains included primaris ones have the generic CAPTAIN keyword

Interesting that the Indomitous lt can be DW and mine will be cause i imagine Belòial having one Strikemaster leading the TDA part of the DW and one Blademaster (name i invented but cool as hell) leading the BGV part of the DW

I am happy for the Storm Talon becoming part of the DW if needed so DA now have some aerial support too and i am happy for the Strikemaster ofc cause i want now to make a cool conversion of a Deathwing terminator model to make him into a Strikemaster

I am unhappy cause there is still no RW Command Squad so no RW character in a RW only detachment can benefit from the shield that a CS gives and still no Primaris Interrogator Chaplain so a primaris only Unforgiven chapter is still incomplete