YannTheMad
Go to solution Solved by Dr. Clock,

• 2 weeks later...

So... I skip a week because I caught the flu and I wasn't feelin like working on the hobby very much.

First thing first; Here is the finished demagogue

image.thumb.jpeg.b07126bde7d929bbf2890bc5ff2d1c94.jpegimage.jpeg.567868dde33eb587cb975464d8f3cd75.jpeg

image.jpeg.2a3b0244405c73e8ce15885bb3c83221.jpegimage.jpeg.103690f0cada0857524b1caf90391be4.jpeg

Nothing much has change, but I'm happy with him, except the legs...

Than I put painting on the side (I know... shame on me) and started what will eventually become an accursed cultist...

image.jpeg.bd4e525c38e6fed65e02a7a7dc672119.jpeg 

Yeah... It's a very early WIP...

I would have finished it by now, but than I took a ---Daemon prince---- to the knee

Here's the "Matriach" so far.

image.thumb.jpeg.61427d29d4c5bc1a74a68f6f1b402484.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b1b377228bdc59d38bef8407e4b8d135.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cb14449c1f06ea3928d38d93fae50360.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4edea379a781bd838eb864036c72bc9a.jpeg

Beside the tentacles, almost nothing is yet glued. Most of it is just fixed with poster tac.

She is meant to be so king of really high ranking Sarum magos. She got the thematic lamprey maw, but I'm adding some of secondary, bigger chain-bladed maw. I took inspiration from the stranger thing monster and every/any other with king of face opening/unfolding maw.

The conversion is still pretty early. It's still need a lot of work and a lot of greenstuff sculpting too.

Eventually, she'll have two assistants/servitors grafted to her main "mech-octopus" body. One with some kind of "infernal cannon" and another pushing buttons or something.

She herself will have Ferrios axe, wich seems suitably big to me since it's supposed to be a daemon prince.

Let me know what you guys think,

Have a great week!

@Kaiju Soze @ZeroWolf Thank you kind sirs

@Rusted Boltgun I know right !? Had one collecting dust from another project that didn't work out and I had a flash while digging in my bits box and I was : Wait a * minute... So I put the accursed cultist aside and there we are

@Firedrake Cordova Well the thing is still lingering a little. But than again we got a lot of forest fires up in the north of the province and the air quality is quite bad right now so it might play a part in it... Might be a price to pay from the Dark Gods too XD Might do a "patriach" (bootlegged Vashtorr) someday too... I got a nemesis dread NOS lying around collecting dust and I'm starting to get some ideas for it... 

@Eberious Yeah I had some trouble thinking of a way to make a dark mechanicus daemon prince without going in some silly looking Vashtorr way... So I tryed something different and so far it pays off ^^

@Pearson73 Thanks a lot ^^ With a little chance the Matriach will overshadow the demaggue by a lot 

So here's this week progress.

I'm not used to make a bigger conversion like this, so I do find the progress very sluggish.

Had to wait a lot for this progress too, Greenstuff cure time, glue cure time, etc...

But so far so good

image.jpeg.ce42003558a6c19a7da0cef384668173.jpegimage.jpeg.8acab7c40f7f35f94a83759d5690c22f.jpegimage.jpeg.c29df2d53dcba9d6d5a1501ad4c541ff.jpeg

Addes so tentacles, some insect/crutecian like servo-limbs too (two of those aren't yet finished). Made a smoother transition between the helbrute power scourge and the heldrake neck with som greenstuck and made a dark mechanicum skull symbol on the lower armor plate.

The chain-bladed mandibles of the "primary" head are also done.

image.jpeg.acd0278bd01fb9b6c1be5baa620a3d83.jpeg

I couldn't get a good angle for this picture...

Anyway that's it for this week,

Let me know what you guys think.

As always, ave a great week!

• 3 weeks later...

With the good weather I've been procrastinating a little and didn't post for a while.

I'm still working on my daemon prince(ss) "the Matriach", but at a slower rate.

Here's the progress so far.

image.thumb.jpeg.2f5fdc01551abf721a5d96bd1480de02.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.b0316bec15bf5fc0b59ebdce83469574.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.b2c81aa9eedfc2095bcb897f90f1ebdb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.43c8e826f4f5028e848c4f80dcbea23a.jpeg

Little shrimpy arms are all done. The Matriach/main magos is mounted on the engine body with some hydrolics. Her arms themselves are done. Her axe still need a good greenstuff job on his shaft.

I used an heavy bolter for the infernal canon. The stats are about the same, it just have a lower range. The magos holding it turned out the look more like a servitor, so servitor it is.

3rd magosis still on the concept board, but he won't have any weaponery.

It's a long project but I'm happy with the results so far.

Let me know what you guys think.

Have a great week! (or longer XD)

Well that looks unsettling and perfectly horrible. :smile: 

Impressive work, as always. :smile: The only thing I can see on it, is that the haft of the axe doesn't look straight - it looks like it deviates after it comes out of the hands - I don't know if it got nudged, or if it's an optical illusion?

@ZeroWolf Thanks mate

@Firedrake Cordova Thanks. Honestly the haft of the axe is really, really thin and soft. That's why in the moment it isn't straight XD

I'll build up on it so it will be bigger, stronger and straighter.

• 2 weeks later...

I love everything in this thread! You've really nailed the sheer horror and fear-inducing nature of the Dark Mechanicum and the Warp Ghosts - can't wait to see more! 

For the Matriarch - are you planning to add a left arm to it? I feel like there should be some counterpoint or -weight to the Heavy Bolter servitor on the right side (which is fantastic, by the way). 

@Pearson73 Thank you ^^ I always inteded to make it look like some of warsuit that she would used into battle. A little like Inquisitor Karamazov throne or Anacharis Scoria rig rather than a classic big monster daemon prince. There's nothing wrong with the new daemon prince model (except that it's quite pricey XD) but I don't think I could give it a satisfactory Dark Mechanicum feel.

@Brother Ezra Thanks, it means a lot ^^  For the "arm" matter, I think a  picture is worth a thousand word ;-)

image.thumb.jpeg.7e630af0f4b0ac921f4cc53b3e4e314a.jpeg image.thumb.jpeg.3d6c0346181b16d0b34431f7a241ce8d.jpeg

So the 2nd Servitor/Magos isn't quite done yet. He's gonna be more of a support than a fighter. I'm probably going to make him some kind pincer tool and/or welding tool and/or drill.

Also, I started working on the haft of the axe. Gonna do a lot of little screaming face to give it a darker look.

image.jpeg.b7ed6ddb0abe12f114fc1aaed7529c8d.jpeg

I hope you guys like it. Let me know what you think.

Have a great week!

• 3 weeks later...

@nilsh @ZeroWolf Thanks a lot guys ^^

@Naryn Not quick enough in my opinion. I'm not used to that kind of scale XD

It's been a while since I posted anything, but

At long last, it is done.... The Sarum Matriach is completed

image.thumb.jpeg.20df51b606e396e82d63e9476a520926.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6a67c7ad8fc5d3470735ae241093d188.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.1c25f136fbd088580abe11073927d424.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.25632c08578e66edccf416c4be896ea3.jpeg

IThis was my most diffucult project so far. She's been obnoxious to finish, but I'm mostly happy with the result. The haft of the axe have been especially frustrating to make. 

Past me "What could I do to make the axe handle look cool. I'll make some tiny screaming soul face, it should look badass"

Present " Are you out of your mind you dumb * !?"

But than again, I think it does look good.

I'm a fan of how the "utility" magos/servitor turned out. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8d746663766006a7ac9ee9eba3e757a8.jpeg

I'll take a pause of modeling and paint a little I think, this one exausted me XD

Let  me know what you guys think

Have a great week !