=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Sorry for the very late submission, Grot, but here is part of my vow for January. Now that my personal IRL :cussshow is over, I can start focusing on things that actually relax me.

Shield Captain:

5zgr8pt.jpg

nbDVXbT.jpg

guFnljW.jpg

Mmi9P9U.jpg

Not happy with him, I'll probably strip him when I get the ultrasound cleaner.

Vexilla Praetor

kbx68vz.jpg

0jdIFyA.jpg

YwIZKnA.jpg

i4tO9Mt.jpg

Fairly happy with him.

February's vow: The left-over remnants from my January one. Telemon and Achillus are nearly done, just need to fix the swirly things on their legs, as well as the allarus terminators and the 5m guard squad.

Picture for reference:

ggy44TY.jpg

The guard on the left are done, the ones on the right are still WIP.

EDIT: For some weird reason can't get rid of the weird white text..

Edited by Skywrath

Think I'm a little late to the party, but have unintentionally been taking part before I joined, trying to get models done each month!

Not sure if it counts, but the 1st Infantry Squad, 1 Platoon, 1st Company of the 142nd Regiment Imperial Guard army was completed in january:

Hidden Content

fj5UUD0.png

7Cdpyfq.png

So for next month

I, Thomoski, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 9x Cadian Infantry by month's end.

Next, 2nd Squad, 1 Platoon, 1st Company:

Hidden Content

bWHWB48.png

Sorry for the crappy pictures, not the best at photography

Some nice stuff here brothers - very inspiring! :biggrin.:
On that note, time for me to jump back in.

I, Ace Debonair, hereby embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge! For the month of February, I pledge to complete Three (3) Reivers of the Stonebound Chapter by month's end!

gallery_46204_9220_59646.jpg

I had the bright idea of using Arkanaut heads for my Stonebound, only to discover they don't have any necks attached.
Fortunately I have modelling clay left over, so some little blobs for necks is manageable!

I'll come back to the Hawks in a bit - I've not painted any Stonebound in a while and want to see how these turn out. :sweat:

Ok, so painting has stalled due to low temperatures. The fort is built for the most part, still need to get the bastion. The rest however..

20210130 182215[1]

So on the southwest corner (the Bastion is North) I needed to rig up a wall section to fit between the tower and the gate. It fits nicely, was a pain to file out the channels though.

20210201 190215[1]

20210201 190102[1]

Also had to make a tab for it, luckily I had spares.

For the monthly I'm going to vow 1 primaris captain with relic shield and 10 assault intercessors, with a twist.

Grotsmasha, can you roll me up/choose a chapter to paint this group as, also what melee option the sergeant takes. I have parts for them all. 

Edit: Picture of the patrol, sgt still needs to be built, but I'll be using a model from the actual assault intercessor kit for him once I get the weapon selection.

20210202 204530[1]

Edited by Focslain

I, Cleon, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 5 Deathwatch Veterans and Watch Captain artemis by month's end.

dwfeb

Last month I got the first 5 done on top of my pledged aggressors, so hopefully they'll be ready to start pulling some kill teams together

gallery_56701_16832_109943.jpg

Excellent work everyone, on both you completions and re-vowing. For my part, my health issues have gifted me a short stay in hospital, nothing serious, it just can't be dealt with from home. I'm looking at a Friday discharge and am hoping to get to the January Summary then.

I'll be painting a Redemptive Dreadnought from Conquest for February, pics when I'm home again

Excellent work everyone, on both you completions and re-vowing. For my part, my health issues have gifted me a short stay in hospital, nothing serious, it just can't be dealt with from home. I'm looking at a Friday discharge and am hoping to get to the January Summary then.

I'll be painting a Redemptive Dreadnought from Conquest for February, pics when I'm home again

Christ, hope everything's okay and you get back safe 

+5!

Also- there is sooo much talent posting in this thread that my own meager January accomplishment feels small. Despite that, it was so good getting it done that I've figured out February... And it's a big one.

So I've got this huge campaign that I've been trying to get off the ground; it all begins with a game of Space Hulk. The genestealers that survive the Space Hulk game will go on to be the seed of Genestealer Cult. The number of survivors will be capped at 8 by the mission; similarly, the mission should ensure that at least 4 survive. I'm using the Space Hulk genestealers, so they are unique. My February challenge is to paint those survivors.

The reason this is such a big deal is that it really forces me to a) play the game to determine how many models survive and b) post the photos and bat rep for the game in the Chronicles of Saint Katherine's Aegis.

BTW, I've also figured out a plodding along challenge.

For the Chronicles of SKA campaign, I'm looking to build some high end terrain. I've made a few corrugated cardboard prototypes as proof of concept; when 9th dropped with all the board size changes, I adapted these ideas, and I've designed a full set of mock-ups of the new set. So here is the pledge:

For a plodding along challenge, I pledge to complete 18 tiles for a modular board; each tile is 15" x 15" so 18 tiles will allow me to build a full 45" x 90" board. I further plan to finish at least one hab block building with stackable levels and detailed interiors to sit on said table.

Pics of mock ups for the tile set will be up tonight. Picks of the survivors of the Space Hulk game will be up as soon as the game is played.

In January, I played it safe, and I succeeded. This one is a big gamble. Let's see if the 12 Month Challenge helps me get it over the finish line.

Vow complete - Exorcist "Sword of St Katherine" - probably the longest I've taken on a single model (14d) but well worth it, I think.

X1GZqqu.jpg

JD9VGqk.jpg

IyXggg9.jpg

uhpLcVu.jpg

By the ginger nuts off Russ that thing is a beauty... 

You see what I mean @Slave to Darkness? You said squats and I immediately smiled. You improve any thread and I’m sure you’re welcome, I only joined half way last year, for just 2 months.

On this point, are we doing the factions thing this year?

@Grotsmasha wishing you a speedy recovery

Can I still jump in on this even though I missed January? If I can what force would Squats come under?

Absolutely, welcome aboard :tu:

As for which force they'd count as, I guess which ever codex youd like them to count as will suffice

Can I still jump in on this even though I missed January? If I can what force would Squats come under?

Seen you set up a thread about these. Glad your getting involved in this! Squats are cool as. Plus using 1st ed rules takes me way back!

Wishing you a speedy recovery grot!

For February I'll go for 5 Battle Sisters, 5 Seraphim, 1 Imagifer and 1 Deathwatch Librarian (can I do that?!) - Most models have got at least a basecoat on but in some cases (especially the Seraphim) they need mostly re-doing.

Apologies for the messy image!

gallery_84244_16814_1126971.jpg

Absolutely, welcome aboard :thumbsup:

As for which force they'd count as, I guess which ever codex youd like them to count as will suffice

Hmmm, as Im building two armies, Squats and Khornate Squats with allied World Eaters I may as well jump in with the Chaos crowd, then I can drop in a few other things so I dont get sick of seeing short balding bearded men, I get enough of that every time I see a mirror...

I, Slave to Darkness , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of Feb pledge to complete 1 Squat Warlord, 4 Hearthguard and 1 Khornate Squat Warlord by month's end.

Ill order the bits I need tomorrow and update this post with my before pic when it gets here.

++EDIT++

Before pik

med_gallery_75911_16900_1117229.jpg

Edited by Slave to Darkness

Hope its nothing serious, get well mate!