=] 12 Months of Hobby Challenge 2021 [=

Grotsmasha

Phew 4 minutes to go.... (never in doubt ;-) )

Four Mortifactors done... (well minus foliage on base)

Display base still a WIP, so will pledge to get that finished during FEB...

maybe something extra as well...? or may paint something none 40k..

Cheers

IMG-20210131-234847.jpg

IMG-20210131-234942.jpg

IMG-20210131-234922.jpg

IMG-20210131-234910.jpg

IMG-20210131-234900.jpg

IMG-20210131-235238.jpg

(Bangs head against wall)

Why do paint take so long to dry!??

gallery_60230_9650_723774.jpg

Welp, the Last Minute is out of reach, but I'll be aiming for the Stubborn badge instead!

Also, thanks for the comments guys!

You've still got ~48hrs, each month "closes" on the 2nd of the following month.

I, Jaipii, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of { January } pledge to complete a Space Marine Vanguard Veteran of the Raven Guard chapter by month's end.

January vow completed! The first Vanguard Veteran for my Raven Guard army (Assault Intercessor + vanguard veteran bits + little green stuff).gallery_197938_16113_245460.jpg

Compilation here:

gallery_197938_16113_30146.jpg

Out of curiosity, is that the contrast Apothecary white? I got a pot that I picked up yesterday to try it out, would want to know if that's how it turns out.

Yes! That's Apothecary White contrast over Ulthuan Grey base. Pure white for edge highlights.

I found the contrast a little too thick out of the pot (even after some serious shaking), so I have used some Lahmian Medium to thin it out. It gets quite thick again pretty quickly on a palette, but after mixing some Lahmian Medium in there again it runs really nice.

For February, given I've been working on lots of Sororitas infantry recently, and that there's an Implausible Nature Discord painting competition this month too, I'm vowing a Black Templars Vehicle - an Invader ATV converted from a Ridgerunner.

j1GzVwy.jpg

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete at 10 Assault Intercessors (Dark Angels) by month's end.

ZDBq8Bu.jpg

Additionally, I'm going to focus this year on my I Legion (with some palette-cleansers of Emperor's Spears in-between), as such:

I, Gederas, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and vow the following models for Plodding Along, to complete by December 31st

1. Lion El'Jonson, Sire of the Dark Angels
  2. Lion El'Jonson at Thramas (display model)
  3. Gustaf Hadulf, Legionnaire born of Nordyc, Terra; Praetor (Terminator Armour)
  4. Legion Praetor Tribune
  5. Primus Medicae in Cataphractii Terminator Armour
  6. Praetor in Cataphractii Armour (Chainfist, Combi-Melta)
  7. Dark Angels Legion Praetor
  8. Dark Angels Legion Praetor in Cataphractii Armour
  9. Dark Angels Leviathan Dreadnought (dual Grav-Flux Bombards)
  10. Legion Mark II Tactical squad (x10)
  11. Legion Mark II Tactical squad (x10)
  12. Legion Mark II Assault squad (x10)
  13. Legion Mark II Assault squad (x10)
  14. Legion Mark IV Tactical Squad (x10)
  15. Legion Mark IV Tactical Squad (x10)
  16. Legion Mark IV Tactical Squad (x10)
  17. Legion Mark III Tactical Squad (x10)
  18. Legion Mark III Tactical Squad (x10)
  19. Legion Mark III Tactical Squad (x10)
  20. Legion Tactical Support Squad (Melta) x5
  21. Legion Tactical Support Squad (Plasma) x5
  22. Legion Tactical Support Squad (Flamer) x5
  23. Legion Terminator Squad in Tartaros armour (x5)
  24. Legion Terminator Squad in Tartaros armour (x5)
  25. Nephilim Jetfighter

:D

Not taking a picture of the plodding along vows, because ain't no one got time for dat

I realized middle of last week that I was not going to get as many sisters done this month as I had hoped, so focused on five that are now done. Paint is still drying, will try and get a picture in a bit or tomorrow when it is light again.

And here is the picture. The five completed sisters for January are at the front. I tried a new idea using Apothecary White on the hair and it has not really worked, but lessons learned for next time.

The sisters in the back are those on who I had stopped work when I realized I was running low on time, so they will be my focus for February.

I, Troakir, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete at least 1 Sister of Battle from my Plodding Along vow by month's end.

gallery_29932_13153_110416.jpg

AGPO, your progress is awe-inspiring!

Thanks Trokair, will do :smile.:

I, Majkhel of the Blood Angles, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of FEBRUARY pledge to complete 1 Death Company Intercessor and2 Sisters of Battle of the Unknown Order for the glory of the Angel
med_gallery_105306_14251_352609.jpg

edited picture link

Edited by Majkhel

I, Skidman, of the Iron Warriors (Horus Heresy), for the month of February pledge to complete

Base and complete 1 10 man tactical squad, 1 Sgt in AA armor, 1 siege breaker, and 3 quad launchers and crew pics to follow

gallery_95258_15280_87244.jpeg

Edited by Skidman

February

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 4x Legion of the Damned, 1x Tactical Marine by month's end.

gallery_62972_10721_318395.jpeg

To do:

~ Upgrade shoulders on bolter Marines, change arm on Multi-melta, magnetise wrist on Sergeant.

~ Cork base the LotD on 32s

~ Move all to completion

I, Etheneus, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 10 infantry to be spread among my already finished squads by month's end.

T30qXMT.jpg

Yes, this is a complete squad that will be used to flesh out existing squads with options. Mostly so I can run them without special weapons.

I, Lienna, embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 5 Seraphim by month's end.

x6xsijN.jpg

Welcome to the madness of how I prep my minis, each one part made, with obscuring parts kept separately to make them easier to paint. Parts kept in a baggie so I don't mix parts after painting. Really looking forward to painting these. The Seraphim were the models that made me love SoB.

My first ever Imperial fist. There's been a model change as the first paint job was utterly terrible.

gallery_141590_16880_461521.jpg

gallery_141590_16880_259365.jpg

On to February.....

I, Dwango , embark on the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of February pledge to complete 10 incursers for the Shadow Haunters chapter and 9 assault Intersessors for the Imperial Fists 3rd company by month's end.

med_gallery_141590_15861_116297.jpg

med_gallery_141590_15861_74541.jpg

The fists have also been pledged in the Dorn event.

If it's not too early:

I, Miek, for the month of February pledge to complete twelve necron warriors with flayers by month's end.

med_gallery_225534_16617_401039.jpg

Done! Still a few days to go before the end of February, so I'll get started with the ghost ark :wink:

I'm not sure how good or bad this picture will turn out on a computer, but it looks good enough on my phone:

gallery_225534_16611_146082.jpg

P.s.: Number 13 was only missing some touch ups on the base, but it deserved to be part of the family picture.

Edit: Better picture:

gallery_225534_16611_185679.jpg

Edited by Miek

Time for some random vow action - roll those dice, Grot! :smile.:

We have a 5 and a 3, giving your choice of Lost and the Damned OR (5, 3+5) Heresy Ultramairines

Well if like someone suggested the month actually ends on the 2nd I managed to get the display base done as well.... If not, then Ive done my February pledge really early ;-)

Does mean I'll have to think of something else to do this month....

IMG-20210201-233332.jpg

I'm happy to go either way, it can count for Jan, and you can re-vow for Feb, or it can count for Feb's Completion :tu: