9th Ed. Wishlist?

Lord Robertsen

59 minutes ago, sairence said:

I expect Lascannons will either stay as they are (which would suck) or become D3+3 damage, like on the Chaos Landraider

I wouldn’t mind that. Guarantees at least 4 damage per successful wound.

But that makes you wonder what the heavy lascannon will look like.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I wouldn’t mind that. Guarantees at least 4 damage per successful wound.

But that makes you wonder what the heavy lascannon will look like.

Flat 6 or 6+D3 and/or mortals?

Edited by TCC

Personally I’m hoping GW will move away from totally random shots/damage.

Granted a bit of variability is necessary in a dice game but I think more reliability would help everyone and speed up the game.

I feel this would make things easier to balance for GW and the rest of us!

5 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Personally I’m hoping GW will move away from totally random shots/damage.

Granted a bit of variability is necessary in a dice game but I think more reliability would help everyone and speed up the game.

I feel this would make things easier to balance for GW and the rest of us!

The variability comes in the hit/wound/save rolls. We don’t need extra variables. The more variables the less the game relies on actual strategy and skill, the more it relies on luck.

Agreed on the flat 3/4 damage.  We're still keeping a random number of shots, and with BS4 there's enough swing there to flip a game on one turn of going hot.

I'm still holding out (foolish) hope that GW really does something cool with turret weapons to differentiate them.

• BCs go to flat D2, and ignore -1D effects
  • DC go to d3+3 damage, less shots than the BC
  • Nova cannons ignore cover
  • Exterminator ACs go to 2d3 shots, AP1, D3, ignore hit penalties for FLY/FLYER/JUMP PACK targets
  • Vanquisher ignores invulns & phase caps. 

The phase caps I think is the important one, since Guard really only play in 1 phase of the game.  Or guard need some buff to psyker or non-shooting phase support

On 10/16/2022 at 10:17 AM, OldWherewolf said:

Agreed on the flat 3/4 damage.  We're still keeping a random number of shots, and with BS4 there's enough swing there to flip a game on one turn of going hot.

I'm still holding out (foolish) hope that GW really does something cool with turret weapons to differentiate them.

• BCs go to flat D2, and ignore -1D effects
  • DC go to d3+3 damage, less shots than the BC
  • Nova cannons ignore cover
  • Exterminator ACs go to 2d3 shots, AP1, D3, ignore hit penalties for FLY/FLYER/JUMP PACK targets
  • Vanquisher ignores invulns & phase caps. 

The phase caps I think is the important one, since Guard really only play in 1 phase of the game.  Or guard need some buff to psyker or non-shooting phase support

If exterminators get even the slightest stat buff I’m building like 3 more of them lol 

I also think the RRs are to help out in the fight phase

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

I know not 9th but since it seem we’re not going to get revamped Catachans or other regiments this go around, for 10th I’m hoping a new Catachan line drops, and based on how the colonel model looks, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were primarily shirtless dudes with body armor on, to try to maintain some connection to the Cadian line while maintaining that Catachan signature look.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 5:45 PM, ImperialWarrior said:

I know not 9th but since it seem we’re not going to get revamped Catachans or other regiments this go around, for 10th I’m hoping a new Catachan line drops, and based on how the colonel model looks, I wouldn’t be surprised if they were primarily shirtless dudes with body armor on, to try to maintain some connection to the Cadian line while maintaining that Catachan signature look.

You mean like the Catachan colonel?