9th Ed. Wishlist?

Lord Robertsen

I believe they're armed with hellguns? Which should give an excuse to change their strength compared to a regular lasgun. 

Hopefully Hotshot lasguns get some love too. More strength and range or at least assault instead... 

12 minutes ago, Malakithe said:

So whats the point of Scions now? What is their role?

Will have to wait and see in the new book I guess. Right now they're troop choices which I'm OK with. I'd personally like them to stay as troops. 

35 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Fading into the fog of time hopefully.

Couldnt agree more. 

Edited by Slave to Darkness
Wrong thread lol

Personally, I’m hoping all the major regiments will get their own unique unit like Cadian Shocktroops.

Previously it probably didn’t make financial sense to release kits for too many regiments since most people stuck to a single regiment, but if a Krieg player can field Cadian Shocktroops and a Cadian player can field Death Korps Veterans then they’re no longer splitting their player base.

It could be a good incentive to release plastic kits for multiple regiments and give each unit some distinctive loadout or rules to reflect their regiment’s preferred fighting style while generic infantry squads represent newer troops with fewer battles under their belts.

Edited by Marshal Arthur

What I got from the preview was that you can field units from Cadia, Death Korps, etc all mixed into your army and it won't break Battleforged. There are no regiment specific abilities; what you do is choose your army's abilities from a list (as one does for a Space Marine successor chapter). Therefore the fact that units come from the Death Korps, or Cadia, etc doesn't matter. Play what models you want with whatever rules you want.

57 minutes ago, Montford said:

What I got from the preview was that you can field units from Cadia, Death Korps, etc all mixed into your army and it won't break Battleforged. There are no regiment specific abilities; what you do is choose your army's abilities from a list (as one does for a Space Marine successor chapter). Therefore the fact that units come from the Death Korps, or Cadia, etc doesn't matter. Play what models you want with whatever rules you want.

Yeah, that sounds pretty spot on for what they said. I get the idea behind it...different units would be combined based on their specialty, regardless of what world they're from, so that the units you put in the field will actually be reasonably competet in achiving the goal you set them. It's not a terrible way to distinguish the way the Guard works from other armies and fluff-wise it's rarely just on regiment fighting on any given battlefield.

8 hours ago, Marshal Arthur said:

Personally, I’m hoping all the major regiments will get their own unique unit like Cadian Shocktroops.

Previously it probably didn’t make financial sense to release kits for too many regiments since most people stuck to a single regiment, but if a Krieg player can field Cadian Shocktroops and a Cadian player can field Death Korps Veterans then they’re no longer splitting their player base.

It could be a good incentive to release plastic kits for multiple regiments and give each unit some distinctive loadout or rules to reflect their regiment’s preferred fighting style while generic infantry squads represent newer troops with fewer battles under their belts.

I feel like a while ago there was a thread asking for unique units for each of the major regiments. Mostly in the elite section, with one or two in FA or HS.

so maybe that dream can come true now.

5 hours ago, sairence said:

Yeah, that sounds pretty spot on for what they said. I get the idea behind it...different units would be combined based on their specialty, regardless of what world they're from, so that the units you put in the field will actually be reasonably competet in achiving the goal you set them. It's not a terrible way to distinguish the way the Guard works from other armies and fluff-wise it's rarely just on regiment fighting on any given battlefield.

Fluff wise it seems like it’s rarely one faction(for imperials any way)

often you’ll have guard/admech or guard/sisters or guard/marines.

Here’s a thought, what if instead of generalized orders, unit specific orders are on each datasheet.

so IS, might get FRFSRF, while CSTs get move, move, move, and FOBs get something that lets them reroll hits or something.

8 hours ago, Emperor Ming said:

From guard reddit, kinda stuff we already know so....

Some extra nuggets of info if correct, like the name of the lord solar, doctrines:smile:

8mav74yu06t91.jpg

Those doctrines look like they could be fun. Bombadiers seems in line with what I was hoping for with the FOBs at least 

can’t wait to see if those come true, still doubtful about the veterans.

Also previously missed the last line about other regiment bits in kits.

I hope that one is true.

I really don't think Cadians needed to have a separate unit.  Just give an Infantry Squad an option of up to 2 special or heavy weapons or 1 of each. 

"Blitz Division" and has put an evil grin on my face while looking at my Hellhounds...   :devil::devil::devil: 

59 minutes ago, sairence said:

I expect Lascannons will either stay as they are (which would suck) or become D3+3 damage, like on the Chaos Landraider

I wouldn’t mind that. Guarantees at least 4 damage per successful wound.

But that makes you wonder what the heavy lascannon will look like.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I wouldn’t mind that. Guarantees at least 4 damage per successful wound.

But that makes you wonder what the heavy lascannon will look like.

Flat 6 or 6+D3 and/or mortals?

Edited by TCC

Personally I’m hoping GW will move away from totally random shots/damage.

Granted a bit of variability is necessary in a dice game but I think more reliability would help everyone and speed up the game.

I feel this would make things easier to balance for GW and the rest of us!

5 minutes ago, Jud Cottrell said:

Personally I’m hoping GW will move away from totally random shots/damage.

Granted a bit of variability is necessary in a dice game but I think more reliability would help everyone and speed up the game.

I feel this would make things easier to balance for GW and the rest of us!

The variability comes in the hit/wound/save rolls. We don’t need extra variables. The more variables the less the game relies on actual strategy and skill, the more it relies on luck.