9th Ed. Wishlist?

Lord Robertsen

Wasnt the weapon types for the new heavy ordinance squad rumored at some point? Im sure someone mentioned some kind of heavier autocannon, I may have imagined that though. 

1 minute ago, Slave to Darkness said:

Wasnt the weapon types for the new heavy ordinance squad rumored at some point? Im sure someone mentioned some kind of heavier autocannon, I may have imagined that though. 

The only IG rumors I believe have any substance are the ones that came from that deleted B&C thread. That post has been proven reliable.

the others all just random people posting online who have no foundation of trust.

4 hours ago, LtColKool said:

I would love if the heavy ordnance unit was a new, non-FW version of an artillery piece. Self-propelled guns are cool and all, but an arty battery feels very thematic of IG to me. 

Its just the new heavy weapons teams, you see them in the leaked picture:yes:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been wondering if the Imperial Guard soldiers are going to be on 28mm bases: the Sisters Repentia (humans not in armor) are on 28s, so I am wondering if the same will be done to the IG.

After spending a small fortune on nice 25mm resin bases of they go to 28s I won't be rebasing mine... I don't see how 1.5mm radius increase will impact the game. Besides if someone can actually eyeball that difference in a game I'll eat my cap :laugh:

Will be interesting to see whats announced this weekend. I've learnt to temper my expectations for anything IG related this edition

1 hour ago, duz_ said:

I've learnt to temper my expectations for anything IG related this edition

I have given up, Im just on auto pilot, I have the minis so I may as well paint the damn things. If we get something good then thats a bonus, if we dont then at least I have a fully painted army. Im having fun building the army and vibing with you guys, so I win regardless of GW dropping the ball or not. 

After all and with 10.Ed right around the Corner i have to say, i wish for no 9.Ed Codex anymore. Best case would be that we get a Codex that is strong for maybe a few months before 10.Ed dropps and resets everything.

Worse case: if 10.Ed doesn't reset everything. We get a 9.Ed Codex with "10.Ed in Mind" so we have to struggle throw 10.Ed as well with an outdated Codex. And won't get a propper 10.Ed Codex anytime soon.

so or so i think Guard is in for a rought Time

Well, GW announced "The Old World" (reboot of WHFB) back in 2019, and that hasn't been released yet.  My Local GW store manager (take this with a LARGE grain of salt) expects the release to be in 2023.  If that is true, then we can expect a full year before 40K gets rebooted. 

With the focus on at least somewhat balancing factions in 40k, GW can have a 4-year release cycle:  40K, 30K, AoS, and TOW.  I like that. 

Infantry squads also don't lose heavy weapons (which is nice), instead the one that can take 2 specials seems to be a different unit. I also got the impression that cadian units will be separate from regular ones (there was a lot of emphasis on cadian infantry and heavy weapons squads). 

19 minutes ago, Harrowmaster said:

Infantry squads also don't lose heavy weapons (which is nice), instead the one that can take 2 specials seems to be a different unit. I also got the impression that cadian units will be separate from regular ones (there was a lot of emphasis on cadian infantry and heavy weapons squads). 

Yet they seem to come from the same box now lol.

which I find interesting considering the other rumors about veterans/SWSes, which don’t have boxes of their own.

26 minutes ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Yet they seem to come from the same box now lol.

which I find interesting considering the other rumors about veterans/SWSes, which don’t have boxes of their own.

That's just my reading of it so I could be very far off, can only wait I guess.