State of the Union (Heresy)

Didn't the original 'New Box Set' rumour talk about GW moving away from a linear timelines in terms of releases and in universe events?

So, while the 2021 2022 box with will Siege of Terra themed, that doesn't mean that the AoD setting has skipped everything else before then. Future releases, in whatever form they take, will continue to cover the build up to the Siege.

The Exemplary Battles PDFs maybe also an example of this. The first being Battle for Pluto and then the second moving 'back in time' to the Shadow Crusade?

That being said, the timeline from the Weekender in 2018 (?) was incredibly ambitious so I'm going to assume a lot of it has changed by now.

They're pretty good in the sense that there's not really a big downside to running them with pert. The chainfist and WS 5 makes them dangerous, scoring in an FOC slot that doesn't usually get it, and a free 6+ fnp. Character is a bit of a mixed bag though, usually you need extra wounds to take advantage of it, because otherwise it just forces challenge acceptance and special rule activation.

They're pretty good in the sense that there's not really a big downside to running them with pert. The chainfist and WS 5 makes them dangerous, scoring in an FOC slot that doesn't usually get it, and a free 6+ fnp. Character is a bit of a mixed bag though, usually you need extra wounds to take advantage of it, because otherwise it just forces challenge acceptance and special rule activation.

It helps while charging, though, because you can pass on dangerous wound to the backfield.

I like em.

Nice for ZM and against mechanicum as well.

Edited by Gorgoff

News from Natfka:

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/11/rumors-revamp-of-adeptus-mechanicus.html?m=1

The change with Warcry would explain why they showed it in the preview and that it will be up for pre order right after.

So that means there is this rumor guy plus whoever informs Valrak stating that the HH Box is still coming but has been delayed in the schedule.

News from Natfka:

The change with Warcry would explain why they showed it in the preview and that it will be up for pre order right after.

So that means there is this rumor guy plus whoever informs Valrak stating that the HH Box is still coming but has been delayed in the schedule.

Yupp, that is how I (want to) read it. ;)

Another one just popped up. This one is huge in size and implications.

If this is true, it shows how much GW is invested in this thing.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/11/rumors-massive-detailed-rumor-set-of.html?m=1

Alas, poor Forge World, it looks like their only keyboard is broken and all new terminators (Dominators, Atramentar, Huscarls)  just must be given a price tag of 270 or 275 pts regardless of rules.

But it's great to see that more legions get their very own and unique overcosted terminators :wink:

Nice little supplement and good to see confirmation there will be more - both quoted in the article & because we haven't yet seen the Destroyer rules that we know are coming in an Exemplary Battle release.

Wonder if there will be a print compilation of all of these at one stage?

News from Natfka:

Yupp, that is how I (want to) read it. :wink:

Another one just popped up. This one is huge in size and implications.
If this is true, it shows how much GW is invested in this thing.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2021/11/rumors-massive-detailed-rumor-set-of.html?m=1

On the one hand, all of that looks like a really sensible and well thought out approach to revamping Heresy.

On the other...a little too good to be true maybe.

That wildly up scale from previous rumours and seems slightly off, specifically with the boxes as they dont exactly match any current releases from GW, like 10 man box of the mk6, obviously, but then you just have a start collecting and a slightly smaller start collecting? The Numbers dont really seem to break down into two forces.

They also left out a few of the armies in the Compendium, and i doubt we would see a team just moved over from FW to GW, given the way FW works is so intertwined aside from the writers.

Not impossible though, just feels off and wishlisty.

If they really increased those teams working on the HH it will be interesting to see how they will try to keep a lid on things.

The more people work on this there are bound to be more leaks. I guess time will tell.

This part is unclear from the Natfka article with the latest rumor: "Age of Darkness Horus Heresy Compendium "Codex-like" Book for the Age of Darkness - Over 200 Sites." Is that a reference to 200 units?

This part is unclear from the Natfka article with the latest rumor: "Age of Darkness Horus Heresy Compendium "Codex-like" Book for the Age of Darkness - Over 200 Sites." Is that a reference to 200 units?

I guess that was a german and what he meant was "pages". In german the word for pages is "Seiten" and he clearly just translated it to "sites" instead of pages. Which gives me the vibe that this is BS to be honest.

Anyway, what they mean by this:

"Units and formations are like in 8th and 9th Edition"?

Power Points and :cussing command points?

"That wildly up scale from previous rumours and seems slightly off, specifically with the boxes as they dont exactly match any current releases from GW, like 10 man box of the mk6, obviously, but then you just have a start collecting and a slightly smaller start collecting? The Numbers dont really seem to break down into two forces."

This.

I may add that the appeal of HH are not playing with infantry but instead are the different tanks, heavy wespons, special units and stuff and those boxes don't bring any of that.

Whoever wrote this just seemed to thought about what is possible with those new MKVI marines.

I call BS.

"Seems strange that the little story they put in had the squad using Spartans but they can't take them?"

They can. Just buy it as a heavy support.

"So that means there is this rumor guy plus whoever informs Valrak stating that the HH Box is still coming but has been delayed in the schedule."

They had to come up with something why their prediction crumbled completely. :D

I guess that was a german and what he meant was "pages". In german the word for pages is "Seiten" and he clearly just translated it to "sites" instead of pages. Which gives me the vibe that this is BS to be honest.

Anyway, what they mean by this:

"Units and formations are like in 8th and 9th Edition"?

Power Points and :cussing command points?

"That wildly up scale from previous rumours and seems slightly off, specifically with the boxes as they dont exactly match any current releases from GW, like 10 man box of the mk6, obviously, but then you just have a start collecting and a slightly smaller start collecting? The Numbers dont really seem to break down into two forces."

This.

I may add that the appeal of HH are not playing with infantry but instead are the different tanks, heavy wespons, special units and stuff and those boxes don't bring any of that.

Whoever wrote this just seemed to thought about what is possible with those new MKVI marines.

I call BS.

I did miss the sites thing. May be the the guy is German saw a German summary and translated it? I'm stretching I know but I want to believe!!! ;)

As for those boxes. I can see the big launch box like this box from AT (grandmaster something?). Probably limited availability.

The medium set could be like a combat patrol box.

The large set could be the big starter box after the limited one is gone.

Do they have to offer those special units in those first boxes? I don't think so. To get to know the rules those basic units should be enough. And the special units might come afterwards in seperate releases.

I'm no expert in this stuff, so feel free to take it apart. But I can see this as possible. :)

I did miss the sites thing. May be the the guy is German saw a German summary and translated it? I'm stretching I know but I want to believe!!! ;)

Haha ok, possible. :D

There was a german involved, but what did he do? We'll see.

What Bugs me about the rumors about combat patrols and such is:

HH players rarely play combat patrols but instead a lot of players see 3000 points as the standard and 2000 as the bottom line. It just doesn't fit into the game so far to bring out boxes for really small games.

What I could see is a ZM box of sorts but not like '800 points of marines. Start playing with your friends now!'

HH was always aimed at people who are really into the fluff and it takes some time as 40k player to aquire this knowledge.

You know what I mean, Internet people?

Edited by Gorgoff

Loads of people either already in the heresy or looking to get in just want a cheap head start, get those troops in plastic so they can get to the expensive fun stuff quicker. So combat patrols will sell like hot cakes.

Whether they deliberately are looking to change the “standard” size of the game or not - I’m pretty neutral on this. But a plastic Spartan is not really suitable for 800 point game, so I feel you shouldn’t be afraid.

I did miss the sites thing. May be the the guy is German saw a German summary and translated it? I'm stretching I know but I want to believe!!! :wink:

Haha ok, possible. :biggrin.:

There was a german involved, but what did he do? We'll see.

What Bugs me about the rumors about combat patrols and such is:

HH players rarely play combat patrols but instead a lot of players see 3000 points as the standard and 2000 as the bottom line. It just doesn't fit into the game so far to bring out boxes for really small games.

What I could see is a ZM box of sorts but not like '800 points of marines. Start playing with your friends now!'

HH was always aimed at people who are really into the fluff and it takes some time as 40k player to aquire this knowledge.

You know what I mean, Internet people?

Whilst I completely understand what you're saying and agree that it doesn't fit how Horus heresy is played on the large scale, If you look at 40k and AoS this rumour does make sense. A limited box available for a month before the main release (Indomitus/dominion) then when the game is released properly we get 3 different price entry levels just like 40k/AoS. The rumoured large box would also give you enough to play zone mortalis too which would get people playing immediately. Whilst i prefer the larger 3000 point games it would be impossible and expensive to bring out a box to start at that scale immediately.

That wildly up scale from previous rumours and seems slightly off, specifically with the boxes as they dont exactly match any current releases from GW, like 10 man box of the mk6, obviously, but then you just have a start collecting and a slightly smaller start collecting? The Numbers dont really seem to break down into two forces.

They also left out a few of the armies in the Compendium, and i doubt we would see a team just moved over from FW to GW, given the way FW works is so intertwined aside from the writers.

Not impossible though, just feels off and wishlisty.

That being said, 9th edition launched with Idomitus (limited edition) and a series of variously sized starter sets.

One minute it's Titanicus + Aeronautica support dropping, now it's moving to be like epic? I want to believe....

Never bought the idea of Titanicus support being dropped. It has been wildly successful - to the point that it took the Studio surprise IIRC - and there is still plenty of room to expand it, whether it moves to include non-Titan/Knight units or not.