State of the Union (Heresy)

Removing Initiative but not adding in Movement and leaving WS thru T on the current system seems an extremely unusual way to ‘revamp’ the game. As an aside you can find the Black Book style army list page templates and the FW Heresy font is something like Old Caslon. It wouldn’t be hard to forge for a troll.

It makes no sense at all, yes.

That's why I don't give a lot about it.

If FW keeps his schedule we'll see another new unit on monday.

What will it be?

Finally some UM Destroyers?

Something noone will expect.

WE Recon Marines

Salamanders Assault Squad

Blood Angels Heavy Support Squad

Something Like this.

At least they were all units who at least existed in the background so far.  

What will it be?

Is there anything in the lore that makes them different to normal destroyers?

Kinda hoping we break the mold and give talons, mech, militia, solar a new unit. Keep it a nice 20-80% balance pro marine, but at least pretend the other factions exist too.

Or go real spicy and throw us a total curve ball, knight or titan unit.

Edited by nagashnee

What will it be?

Is there anything in the lore that makes them different to normal destroyers?

Kinda hoping we break the mold and give talons, mech, militia, solar a new unit. Keep it a nice 20-80% balance pro marine, but at least pretend the other factions exist too.

Or go real spicy and throw us a total curve ball, knight or titan unit.

I like the idea that IM get more stuff.

So far those units where always legion specific ones but if they give IM stuff like buggies or bikes I'd be very happy.

More generic daemons would be good.

You mean model wise?

Hopefully they show us something for the emperors children! Id love to have rules for the Sun Killers!

That Visions of Heresy book and the old tcc would be a fantastic source for new units. That was the origin of the Sunkillers, right!?

Its exactly the same as the current entry on the GW website aside from the colour of the sidebar and possibly page which is tactically fuzzy in this shot. It also seems to be a shot of a screen (might be the potato quality instead) which makes the "under the table furtive" angle seem odd unless they take photos gangsta style :biggrin.: 

I suspect its a colour shifted troll, i would expect if they are changing the "branding" of a heresy data sheet then we would see some changes to the most iconic example of one tbh.

GW sheet for comparison:

https://www.games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/Datasheets/Legion-Tactical-Squad.pdf

Just pointing out that there is no Initiative stat in the potato cam image..

I hope that they don't adept the :cussty 40k cc system.

"Oh, those weak humans attack before Horus, because they charged him".

:censored: this :censored:.

Horus " you've dirtied my armoured suit ! it's dirty now! DIRTY ! ! ! "

As he wipe the human past from his boots.

FWIW that potato cam image going around is claimed to be a fake by a person who made it. Apparently it was meant as a joke/"look how easy it is to fake stuff!" in a localized context and well.....the internet happened.

I did sadly call that it could be a hell of a troll.

Obviously I hope I'm seriously wrong.

I feel GW/FW would have acknowledged if it was a fake though rather than originally simply deleting comments from social media. Unless the hype around it has driven sales I guess.

Yeah but if they start calling out fakes it implicitly acknowledges the true leaks by their silence.

True, I didn't think of that.

Regards the box, I'm not too fussed about it (MkVI doesn't MASSIVELY appeal to me for a 30K force, maybe if I end up building a Scouring army) but I seriously hope we do see continued, (more, like it has been) regular support and ideally more stuff in plastic.

Are we still waiting on a Malevolence and general FAQ? Been a while since I've checked, I can't even remember where to find the FAQs, did they move to Warhammer Community?

Yeah but if they start calling out fakes it implicitly acknowledges the true leaks by their silence.

True, I didn't think of that.

Regards the box, I'm not too fussed about it (MkVI doesn't MASSIVELY appeal to me for a 30K force, maybe if I end up building a Scouring army) but I seriously hope we do see continued, (more, like it has been) regular support and ideally more stuff in plastic.

Are we still waiting on a Malevolence and general FAQ? Been a while since I've checked, I can't even remember where to find the FAQs, did they move to Warhammer Community?

Im with you on that, Whilst im not overly keen on the MK6 in the box the Rumours of a bigger plastic range that come with it are whats important. Ive heard Valrak say a few times every armour mark is coming in plastic and theres obviously the whole plastic spartan thing. Thats what excites me the most! Plastic Mk II armour and the hope for some sort of plastic vehicle range!

Hopefully they show us something for the emperors children! Id love to have rules for the Sun Killers!

That Visions of Heresy book and the old tcc would be a fantastic source for new units. That was the origin of the Sunkillers, right!?

I think i first read about them in the Index Astartes book.... I cant be sure. But anything that gives us more fluff to use on the tabletop is a winner for me

I assumed the fake potato cam leak was the tactical squad one that seemed super fake rather than the much harder to fake photos of minis? 

Correct. I'm referring to the Tactical squad (blurry) image floating around.

A person in a Discord server made it and was not shy about faking it for the LOLz, but people got sucked in anyway (thus proving his point to some degree).