State of the Union (Heresy)

Now I need to figure out how to get cadre weapons without having to keep buying rampagers

3D printer goes BRRRRRRRRRRRT

But yeah, those Destroyers are what Rampagers should have been.

Just bought the photon mono x last week.....everything is lining up! I literally just yesterday started MKIV destroyers for WE (count as raptors). Now I can throw cadre weapons on them.   its fate I tell you

I'm a bit confused by Bearers of the Blood Hand. You have have to declare a charge against a target within 12", but still can't charge a target you didn't shoot at. So could I use the missile launcher to tag a unit outside of 12" in order to avoid charging? Though I don't know why I wouldn't want to charge with them....

I'm a bit confused by Bearers of the Blood Hand. You have have to declare a charge against a target within 12", but still can't charge a target you didn't shoot at. So could I use the missile launcher to tag a unit outside of 12" in order to avoid charging? Though I don't know why I wouldn't want to charge with them....

Its to prevent shooting at a juicier - but further away - target and charging into a closer - but weaker - unit to protect the unit from the opponents shooting phase.

Among other potential interactions.

Its to prevent shooting at a juicier - but further away - target and charging into a closer - but weaker - unit to protect the unit from the opponents shooting phase.

Ah, the unit has to shoot a a target within 12" then?

Its not forced to but unless you want a very melee focussed unit caught out in the open, then yeah, kinda.

The interesting wording, though, is that the rule that forces them to Charge applies to your WHOLE detachment. It says ALL MODELS in the detachment - not just those with LA:WE or the Bearers of the Blood Hand rule(s).

So, for some of your other units in the army, you might actually WANT to shoot at units outside of 12" so that they arent forced to charge.

Edited by Slips

That “detachment” rule, do we think it’s a misprint? I can’t think of any other unit special rule that spills over like this? Wouldn’t an interaction with the Blood Madness have achieved similar? Need to look at my Legiones Astartes rules again …

Its not forced to but unless you want a very melee focussed unit caught out in the open, then yeah, kinda.

The interesting wording, though, is that the rule that forces them to Charge applies to your WHOLE detachment. It says ALL MODELS in the detachment - not just those with LA:WE or the Bearers of the Blood Hand rule(s).

So, for some of your other units in the army, you might actually WANT to shoot at units outside of 12" so that they arent forced to charge.

Wild. Non character units changing the entire detachment function. I don't think there is precedent for that? 

Semi-Coherent World Eater Centurion:

"Okay, Third and Fifth Squads, lay covering fire so Second, Fourth, and Sixth can charge the Loyalist line!"

Red Hand Squad (in unison):

"Leeeeeeeroy Jennnnnkionus!!!!"

Now Despondent Centurion:

"Nevermind... Everyone, Scream and Leap."

Is it me or does the plasma gun on the 2nd pages background image look comically oversized compared to the marine holding it?

Probably because it's a resin Mk II body, the resin casts are notacibly smaller than the plastic ones.

Fafnir Rann ... noice ...

Good thing I finally decided to start in my (future) Fists ...

Seems like the future will take the direction of a SoT expansion / final black book / etc.  ... or they're just making models for all the named characters from the books now.

• 3 weeks later...

Time to celebrate - all 18 Primarchs will be available soon!

That's not something I ever thought we'd see when I started hobbying twentyish years ago.

Edited by Corswain