'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

I mean, it's only a frag so even if I rolled a 10, I'd have to roll the damage pretty high to bypass AV+TB?

Okay... let's see what happens...

d10 roll: 9!!!

Blimey, that was a lot closer than you'd want... :eek

No worries, mate! Remember, the Bolter Assault takes place outside of normal Initiative Order, so anyone who hasn't had their Charge+Shoot yet can jump in whatever order they like!

Come to think of it, if Draak wants to take his regular Actions, feel free too, as it won't interfere with anything on the South side of the board?

Ok, nice posts gents, the last summary post now includes those Actions!

So, we are down to Decimus for the Bolter Assault, then it's Brynjarr's (and the crew's) regular Actions.

I won't bother modding the map right now but just so you know, your targets are down to Ratings C, which are on 16 Mag remaining, and Bullgryn C which is currently engaged with Svelk and still somehow has 30/30 Wounds!

Edit: Included Vesalius' Frag grenade.

Edited by Lysimachus

It certainly is helpful! But remember if you leave close combat without using a Disengage Action, the enemy you're fighting does get to make a free Standard Attack against you?

Now, it might possibly have been worth that risk, it's true, as the Kraken Penetrator shot would then have hit? (assuming Svelk didn't get clobbered!) Plus the other characters could then shoot at the Bullgryn without worrying about firing into Melee.

But it would definitely still be a risk!

Am I still in melee with the Bullgry

@MR - The map says that you were engaged with Bullgryn #2, which is now dead.

You could decide that you were out of melee. You could perchance throw a Krak or shoot a Bolter at Bullgryn #3 if you chose.

Perhaps move close so that the -20 for Firing into Melee is modified by the +30 for Point Blank Range to a +10 to hit.

Things to ponder on, perhaps?

I certainly charged BG2, but the buffboi was in melee with Svelk and I reckon I'm within 2m, which is melee.  It may be more beneficial, since Svelk and I now outnumber BG1 and will get "ganging up" which gives each of us a +10 to Hit...

If I was at point blank, I'd consider strafing BG1 with Hellfire from Argo.

EDIT: A +10 WS Feint wouldn't be a bad bet as an opener, prise that slabshield open, since I'm not a blender like Beren...

Edited by Mazer Rackham

I certainly charged BG2, but the buffboi was in melee with Svelk and I reckon I'm within 2m, which is melee.  It may be more beneficial, since Svelk and I now outnumber BG1 and will get "ganging up" which gives each of us a +10 to Hit...

If I was at point blank, I'd consider strafing BG1 with Hellfire from Argo.

EDIT: A +10 WS Feint wouldn't be a bad bet as an opener, prise that slabshield open, since I'm not a blender like Beren...

@MR - Yes that is a good idea. Of course you mean to attack BG #3!

BG #1 was killed by Brynjarr and you killed BG #2.

PS - 'Ere Gehenna Comes' is very good!

Looking at the map, I'd say it's very much on the borderline whether you're engaged with B3 or not... so I'll let you choose which you'd prefer!

If we don't hear anything from BC tonight (UK time) I'll assume he moves up 9m Charge distance and put a Frag into Ratings C. Then we can move on to Brynjarr and Orphiel.

Or maybe an Intimidate test?

Either way, they'll be taking a Break test this Round for losing 25% and their Wp is only 35, so not a great likelihood of passing anyway?

If you want use either Skill to order them to surrender, I'd imagine a fairly big negative modifier to their chances of resisting.

Man, it's really going around the group, isn't it? You'd think we'd all got together to play in person or something!*

Sorry to hear that, mate, hope you feel better soon! And cool to see Decimus using his axe! Surely between him, Orphiel and Svelk, Plunder can bring the beast down in short order?

@Tro: You'd definitely get some positive mods, these aren't the Stormtroopers after all! Even a +10 would be enough, so we can call that a success and the Ratings will surrender and be out of the fight.

*...which would be awesome, if I won the lottery I'd totally arrange a meet up! :lol: