'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

1 hour ago, Machine God said:

We still need a target designation from Centre - Odysseus for the +20 BS bonus 

If Odysseus uses his reaction to call a target in the ambush phase do his reactions refresh for the regular turn?  (similarly, could he call a target as a free action in the ambush phase instead).

Don't want to be without a dodge when the multimelta shooting starts ... and I think the melta guy is probably going to be his first pick unless there is a psyker amongst their number.

True, but you still have to act during your turn, or use your Reaction for the Round to act out of the Initiative sequence.

So Odysseus can't call the target during his Surprise Round turn, as the enemy haven't appeared yet.

Hmm.

What if I clarify that the enemy enter the board at the end of the Surprise Round? That way Odysseus can use his Reaction for that Round to select the target, and then it is in effect for everyone when Round 1 starts? And his reaction for Round 1 is refreshed?

Edited by Lysimachus

Yes, but my RoF is capped at 3 with a standard boltgun, so wouldn't I be rate limited? 

Edit: see p242 of the Core Rulebook: "The number of extra hits scored in this manner cannot exceed the weapon’s semi-automatic Rate of Fire."

Edited by Necronaut

@Lysimachus Vesalius is going to take the single shot on the chin, as I feel pretty confident about what has yet to follow (although he has a 10% chance of being taken off of the board entirely with this one shot). Holding his dodge for now. 

Edit: oops I forgot the reroll due to tearing -- it's more like a 19% chance of Vesalius taking a dirt nap from this single shot. Hooray stats! 

Edited by Necronaut

I didn't want to post full stats for the enemies, but in the interests of clarity and fairness, I think I should mention that 1) Green Combat Squad has already activated Immovable Defence SQDM, and 2) Each of the Terminator Vets have 1FP that has been used to activate Abhor the Witch, and the 2 Sgts have (at least 1)FP that has been used to do the same.

Just figured these units might get targeted now, so thought I should make it known.

Anyway, now we're into the fight, I might add a bit more for Orphiel... everyone else, carry on with dying :tongue::wink: