'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Yep, we'll say its an auto - hit against the door, and it can work like damaging Cover: each point of Damage caused will remove 1 Armour Point. We'll say the lift doors have 28 AP.

Bulkhead Shears per Errata are: 2d10 +13 R Pen6 Tearing, plus you can add your Str Bonus as usual for a CC attack.

Nice. Vesalius at least should be able to answer Decimus' question... although any of you might have heard what he heard, so any of you might know too... :D

Well by all means then! I didn't think Vesalius would have seen their entry point/attack vector relative to the bridge (nor did I think to inquire). I'll take the win. ;)

Edit: do you want me to make some sort of intelligence check?

Edit 2: included a pre-emptive Intelligence check; assumed challenging (+0) difficulty.

Edited by Necronaut

Yeah, I'm a little stumped based on the description we've been given; there aren't a lot of options presented to us.

We have melta bombs, but Holger talking about the door's thickness and the need to get equipment from our vessel seems to preclude them as an option.

Contacting the Captain via vox and cajoling/threatening/charming him to open the door is one option, but not one that strikes me as likely to work.

Sorry all, the description of the door was just to hint that you'd need something more powerful than Shears, and Holger was suggesting heavier breaching equipment because that's what he or any average mortal team would have to do... but they don't have access to melta bombs?

Placeholder updated, http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-1/?p=5705978

Well, I guess precious meltabomb it is, let’s hope it can do the job. Otherwise we may need to borrow Liam Neeson with a lightsaber.

In theory Odysseus might be able to do just that - as long as a small breach can be made in the door he can get line of sight for a teleport power.

With a suitably large hole to actually move through Odysseus still has his squad mode on offer to move and then unmove in the event of an ambush or similar defenses.

Edited by A.T.

Blimey... I wasn't expecting that...

Well, at least you didn't fail badly enough for someone to get a melta blast to the face! :D

Hmm, bit of GM improvising needed here...

Based on what the core book says, we will say that the timer/detonator has malfunctioned (cue lots of cursing Ghoran, the IG armoury, etc, etc).

If Svelk wants to go back to it and try one more time to get the thing working (rite of striking, perhaps? :lol:) he can roll again one more time. The MB will go off this time either way, but if Svelk fails his Int test again, he will take a back blast from it, taking a single Melta pistol hit...

Edit: ooh, scratch all of that, Necronaut is absolutely right, so your first attempt was (just!) a Success. So you still have that FP and can roll Damage.

Melta Bomb Damage:

5d10: 25

25+7+12 = 44 damage

Hmm, the AV is 45 but I'm going to fudge that as close enough given that 1/45 of it would probably be paper thin...