'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

For future reference and my own edification: I thought Swift Attack only acted as one of the potential prerequisites for the Multiple Attack action, rather than giving an additional bonus to other attack actions?

I'm not 100% myself... does someone who knows better how Assault Marines work want to clarify for us?

And @BC: fine by me!

For future reference and my own edification: I thought Swift Attack only acted as one of the potential prerequisites for the Multiple Attack action, rather than giving an additional bonus to other attack actions?

To the best of my knowledge in Deathwatch - swift attack only has one function, granting two attacks rather than one during a full action 'multiple attack' action.

Can do, up to whoever is up that end of the hold whether they wake them up or finish them off. If you are waking them, feel free to ask whatever questions and we'll see if they have any answers?

Edit @Beren: :lol: yes, that's always an option...

Probably more likely something he had memorized... not that you can check as anything on him would have been burnt/atomized along with him.

Don't worry, Holger should be able to hack this door.

While you're waiting though... ;) (I'll update the IC thread when I get home, in an hour or so!)

1: Is there still a pilot on board the Shark?

2:How's our techie with vaccum?

Because I'm thinking we get the techie on the other side of the bulkhead, then have the shark pull out and leave these buggers to the void.

Edited by Beren

2. About as good as most unarmoured, fleshy mortals... :P

1. Pilot would still be aboard, but - aside from the issues with Holger and vacuum - powering up and disengaging would take several minutes, which given that the boat came in much closer to the forward end of the hold, he really doesn't have...

Its a cracking idea, but they've just gone through one lot of pirates extorting whatever few valuables they might have had, now the Captain has told them more have just boarded the ship, I think they're past the point of being calmed down... if anything, I think it will just make them madder... :lol:

Right, got everyone's initiative rolls now. Will update with first Round in the morning!

As an aside, like last fight if people want to post their actions/rolls whenever, feel free, then I'll summarise each round and move stuff into the right order?

For example, in round 1, all the enemies will be running forward as fast as they can! (Run 18, so 6 squares towards you!)

On mobile without my books, so someone might be able to correct me, but I think by the time they move it will be under 60m which is long range at -10. But remember you'll also get + for target size, which I think (not 100% here?) for hordes is +10 per 10 Magnitude?

Odysseus will 'encourage' Holger until the horde closes :p

Horde size modifiers:

Size 30 = +30

Size 60 = +40

Size 90 = +60

Size 120+ = +60

-as usual the total final modifier on a roll cannot be more than +60

Hordes and fear - gain a bonus to their WP test equal to their full magnitude, +50 in this case.

Thanks A.T, couldn't remember the Size mods! Edited in the Fear tests, Hordes are fine and the Priest is Fearless anyway.

Just as a heads up so people have some idea what they're up against, the Pilgrims are based on Chaos Heretics, so have the Furious Assault ability, plus the Overwhelming Trait given their sheer numbers...

The Priest also has the following Skills:

Berserk Charge, Furious Assault, Fearless, Resistance: Psychic Powers,

Stirring Oratory: Half Action. On a successful Wp Test, the Priest uses his rhetoric to inspire his followers, and one Pilgrim Horde within 20m becomes Frenzied for 2 Rounds.

Hi all, just working up a summary for the first Round, got nearly everything ready except Svelk and Brynjarr's actions/rolls, are you both lobbing frag grenades in?

Not sure on Kai's actions yet, may be a nice update coming soon re this character...

Edit: sorry Beren, if it helps with your question, Kai will probably(?) enter squad mode this turn, so anyone will be able to join and benefit then?

Edit edit: @BC: I'm not sure, but shouldn't Decimus get 3 Mag Damage there? I from hitting, 1DoS is the second hit, then because its an Explosive weapon it gets an extra one v Hordes? (I'm not 100% on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong...)

Also, I've heard posts from today might be lost in the server update, so if you want to hold off making any big, narrative posts I won't blame you! :D

Edit edit: @BC: I'm not sure, but shouldn't Decimus get 3 Mag Damage there? I from hitting, 1DoS is the second hit, then because its an Explosive weapon it gets an extra one v Hordes? (I'm not 100% on this, so please correct me if I'm wrong...)

I assume the explosive hit does not do enough damage. By my understandign would need a rightous fury roll and a 8 to 10 on the extra roll to do any damage. 

Edited by Trokair

I'm pretty sure most of your weapons, as long as they get the Hits, will have enough Dam to auto-Damage, as the Horde only have TB3 and no Armour?

Bolter 1d10+9 = min 10 Dam

Heavy Bolter 1d10+12 = min 13 Dam

Frag Grenade 2d10+2 = min 4 Dam

So all of them will auto do 1 Mag Dam per hit?

So your FG, as long as it hits in the first place, will do 5 Mag Dam automatically (4 for Blast, 1 for X)