'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Edit: As we've already moved on, I'll shove my GM hat on and say leave it as Surprise rather than changing everything, hope that's cool with everyone.

Post altered. Odysseus will spend a fate point to recover some of the wounds and fire off a return shot at the servitor.

That was scary... as per usual for Odysseus! :D I'll edit to show the Officer getting obliterated with Servitor 1 rather than running again!

Lysimachus: just a note that I'm finding this combat very hard to follow. With players posting out of order it's best if you collate results to make it clearer. The players post what "could" happen, but you post what "does" happen - for example, with dodges.

Edit: Having re-read players' posts I'm more up-to-speed but the summaries you provided in the last fight were a little clearer (even if you put them in spoiler tags.)

Edit Edit: My action is up: unfortunately I couldn't quite get him all the way; would've been nice if I could get him to drop his pistol!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

No worries, I was planning to put a summary at the end of each Round but I can add a partial one for Round 1 so far if it would help people. Currently we are up to date, with just the Captain - which I'll do in a sec - then Decimus and the surviving bridge officer to go.

Question: Kai has dodged with no DoS so presumably 1 of the shots will still hit? But which one, as 1 did 1 wound and the other 6!

Do you get to choose? Or is it the first Dodge is the first Hit, and DoS for extra Hits and Dodges?

Round 1 (not quite)Mid-way Summary:

Brynjarr: Calls for Bolter Assault at 3 Cohesion (uses a FP to add 1 to the pool for a total remaining of 3)

Bolter Assault:

Brynjarr: Moves northeast towards top of stairs. Frag grenade into Provosts, 4 Mag Dam

Vesalius: Moves southeast, shoots into Provosts, 2 Mag Dam

Svelk: Moves forward to beside Captain's chair, shoots at Bridge Officer 2, Cover lowered to AV11

Odysseus: Moves back into doorway, Frag grenade, miss.

Decimus: Frag grenade into Provosts, 5 Mag Dam

Bolter Assault ends.

Brynjarr then shoots Servitor 1, does 4 Wounds.

Vesalius: Shoots Tech-Priest 2, does 17 Wounds.

Provosts: Shoot at Svelk, no Wounds taken.

Odysseus: Smites Servitor 1 and Bridge Officer 1. Both are killed.

Svelk: Charges the Provosts, does 11 Mag Dam. The remaining 3 Mag auto-break and run.

Tech-Priest 1: Shoots at Brynjarr, does 3 Wounds.

Tech-Priest 2: Shoots at Vesalius, does 2 Wounds.

Servitor 2: Shoots at Kai, does 6 Wounds.

Kai: Shoots at Captain, does 15 Wounds.

Captain: Shoots at Brynjarr, misses.

Decimus and Bridge Officer 2 to act.

It's normally just an Agility test, though there are things that can alter it - most particularly, if you have purchased Dodge +10 or +20 with your XP.

EDIT:

All my posts are updated now. Lysimachus, I've also emailed you!

Edited by Commissar Molotov

This is the first opportunity the Kill-Team has had to interact personally with the Captain. Before we go into a Round 2, if anyone wants to make the attempt - with some suitable narrative of course - the Captain could be encouraged to surrender? This would be a Very Hard (-30) Charm Test opposed to the Captain's Wp.

...alternatively, you might now be more inclined to kill everyone on the bridge, with the exception of one with just enough breath to give you the information you need, in which case we can go straight to Round 2!

I am inclined that we try to persuade the captain to surrender at this point. After all he is not technically an enemy, he was just duped by pirates parenting to be allied to our master, and shooting at our ship in panic is regrettable, but not condemnable.

I don’t have time to do narrative now as I am about to be busy until very late tonight or even early tomorrow, but I do have an idea of what Brynjarr would say.

If everybody is happy for me to try then I’ll do so as soon as I have time, or if someone else wants to try in the meantime go ahead. 

Edited by Trokair

Excellent point, Intimidate is a very valid alternative and can use your Str or Int rather than Fel, so for many might be a better option... :D

Edit: ooh, side point but I've got some Likes again, what time of day do they refresh...?!

Not to steal your thunder, Tro, but if you don't mind me jumping in then I'll take a swing at intimidating the crew with Vesalius -- just in the interest of keeping things moving along.

edit: my post is up; if you and/or our GM would prefer I take it down, then I'll happily make the retraction.

Edited by Necronaut

Not to steal your thunder, Tro, but if you don't mind me jumping in then I'll take a swing at intimidating the crew with Vesalius -- just in the interest of keeping things moving along.

edit: my post is up; if you and/or our GM would prefer I take it down, then I'll happily make the retraction.

No problem at all, I saw Lysimachus update just before I was due to walk out the door and had an idea for what Brynjarr might say, but not enough time to do much with it, so if the narrative has moved on that fine.

Hurt/kill the Tech-Priest, but try and leave one alive a bit, leave captain alive and kill rest? That way we have two people to question, and the Tech-Priest can access ship systems if they can see the logic of surrender.

Out of curiosity, do we (as in Achard and his crew) have the means to say crew this ship if we capture it entirely, I am sure Talek Varn would always welcome another ship in his fleet?

I would say you don't even need the tech priest as Holger can access technical info for you? As to the Captain and/or the 2nd bridge officer, pretty much up to you. The Cap will probably know more, but the officer might be easier to interrogate?

In terms of crewing the ship, Achard could definitely be convinced to spare a skeleton crew, enough to get the Lady moving again anyway?

Hey all, just a quick heads up, I'm around this evening as usual if anyone wants to post Round 2 actions... but tomorrow my presence will be totally non-existent.

My wife's younger sister is getting married, and I have the terrifying but lovely privilege of conducting the ceremony! :eek: :laugh.: