'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Ok, Summary so far is up, Bolter Assault is done except for Odysseus, then we're up to Odysseus for regular Turn too! Oh, and does he want to Dodge the 2 wounds from the Eldar?

Edit: Oh, also, could you clarify where Svelk and Decimus were moving to, just so I know for Round 2 pic?

Ok, we're up to Svelk for regular Turn!

After that is the Auxiliaries from the Dagger, I'm not actually sure if I roll their stuff myself or should one of you do it? If me, do you have any particular targets you'd prefer I aimed at? (Probably hit the Kroot again if no other preferences?)

Odysseus's cybernetics fortunately provide him with two extra toughness on his head and body so he shrugs off the hit... and I might consider buying some more toughness if I keep making myself a target :p

And possibly some more subtle psychic powers like (looks at options) Void Hammer. Well I guess subtle is out, perhaps a silencer on the boltgun then.

@Necro: Ta, had a mo so rolled a few extra dice! Now I've done it, I realize i might have been better off hitting the third Ogryn with Horde level Damage... never mind, there's always Round 2...

@AT: As you can see, Von Caeryd REALLY doesn't like psykers... I must admit I wasn't particularly expecting it to hit in the first place, but then totally flubbed the Dam roll so he didn't get you bad!

Anyway, we're back to Decimus Turn, and maybe a Dodge roll against the Eldar sniping at you?

Unfortunately, it's just Odysseus Squad Mode (just fluffed as time manipulation) so can't affect anyone not part of the Squad... nice idea, though... :thumbsup:

Shooting into melee should have a -20 negative modifier... but although the Horde is now small enough not to get the +30 Size mod, I think at Mag 24 it's still big enough that you can easily hit them without hitting your squad-mate (shooting to thin their numbers at the rear?) so you don't have to add the minus mod, that sound reasonable?

Charging them wouldn't have any mods anyway I think?

If you can get them below Mag 20, they're suddenly much less dangerous, as they'd lose one of their Mag Dam d10s and the extra d10 Dam from Overhwhelming too!

Edit: also, for info purposes the Ogryn somehow managed a 21 for Dodge so has taken 26 Wounds, hurt but not out!

@Mol: I'll add an extra shot for the Dagger troops Volley Fire (so a total 4 ranged attacks) and when it is their Turn I'll let you select their Actions?

Killing Von Caeryd is a sensible thing to attempt - remember you will get the opportunity to act twice, so you can divide your actions. I'm fully expecting him to have conversion field/displacer field of some kind, though...

So, the over/under of him being in a Sentinel next time we fight him, like Quaritch at the end of Avatar...?

:lol:

Just a small point, and it only matters for the 1 Hit that didn't do enough Dam, but you haven't added the extra 2d10 Dam for the Auxiliaries being Mag 20?

So, we're up to Vesalius. Question is, is it better to try to finish off the Ogryn, or try to knock a Mag or 2 off the Horde? If Brynjarr's grenade Hits, they will go probably go down to Mag 19, so not as big a threat to you as they were in Round 1!

:lol:

Just a small point, and it only matters for the 1 Hit that didn't do enough Dam, but you haven't added the extra 2d10 Dam for the Auxiliaries being Mag 20?

So, we're up to Vesalius. Question is, is it better to try to finish off the Ogryn, or try to knock a Mag or 2 off the Horde? If Brynjarr's grenade Hits, they will go probably go down to Mag 19, so not as big a threat to you as they were in Round 1!

Remove entire units from the board or don't bother. Rip & Tear!!

Looks like that window's shut now. Time for some Rip'n'tear!

Someone with a jump pack and melta bomb might want to make off after him - particularly in solo mode he has no chance of outrunning a burst of speeding marine unless he has a jetbike parked behind the door.

Also - he's run off now but didn't Odysseus shoot that particular ranger? I'm guessing he dodged?

Edited by A.T.

Thanks for the spot, I have now corrected. Unfortunately, because I'd forgotten about the +2D10 damage I didn't target the Ogryn in front of them...

Well, we're not actually quite up to their Turn yet, so if you prefer to swap target I don't mind...?

Edit: @AT: Yup, it dodged! And yep, you will get a shot at Von Caeryd again soon, but not quite yet...