'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Oh I was thinking there was a possibility that Achard had managed to land another strike team following when we destroyed those gun emplacements. On the other hand I fully acknowledge that this could be a trap, which is why Vesalius rounded the corner with bolter drawn and cocked.

Ā 

See below:

Ā 

The crewmen hustle past, never knowing the lucky escape they have had. However, the fact is that very soon Von Caeryd will realise you are still alive and somewhere within his station. He will undoubtedly then begin preparing to face you, so time is of the essence.

Ā 

As you wait for the guards to move out of earshot, there is another sound that starts. A rhythmic thudding, only just heard, accompanied by a faint but unmistakable vibration that you can feel in the deck beneath you. The station's guns have started firing again.

Ā 

That can only mean they have another target. You cannot see what is happening in orbit, but logically it must be the Dagger Thrust. Captain Achard has been true to his word. Having detected the explosions, he must be attempting to navigate close enough to deploy troops in support of you. You can only hope the safe channel you have created for him is sufficient for its intended purpose.

Ā 

But reaching your own goal is still of far greater concern. Now a working knowledge of the layout of Imperial vessels comes to the fore once again - although admittedly modifications have clearly been made here, where would you most likely find the Prince's 'staterooms'?

Ā 

Ā 

You can discuss this narratively and/or if anyone wants to make (or assist with) a Lore Test to determine the likeliest location of the Staterooms, please do! Then maybe Vesalius can make a Silent Move Test to lead the Team along whatever route you decide upon?

Edited by Necronaut

#327 (posted yesterday, but in the narrative maybe 0.5 to 1 hour ago?) mentioned that you hear the station guns firing again, suggesting a ship attacking and logically Achard trying to fulfil his promise to help. Nothing more specific but...

Ā 

Edit: ninja'd, very appropriately...

I was thinking maybe an opening salvo to let them know we mean business and then yes, a public and brutal execution of Von Caeryd. Alternatively we could try to capture him and whisk him away to Varn for all manner of torments, and let the people in the Solios Nebula fill in the blanks as to his ultimate fate.

Ā 

I'm fine with the more direct approach too.

Edited by Necronaut

Nice. Assuming everyone is happy with pushing forward into the next chamber, we'll be going into a fight pretty soon... but I'll make sure Vesalius gets some sort of benefit from his sneaking...

@Necro: I'm just working out bits for the battle, and looking at Vesalius' Squad Mode 'Exploit Weakness' and comparing that to what you've described him doing narratively.

Ā 

If I allow everyone to reroll their Dam rolls for attacks in Round 1, do you think that suitably fits the effect of him scouting out the battlefield?

Lysimachus/Necronaut - at the end of the day, GM's ruling goes, and any bonus we can claim is advantageous to us! If I were trying to reflect pre-battle preparations I'd perhaps have offered some advantage before the battle starts - such as being able to place ourselves in different positions, or somesuch.Ā 

Ā 

Certainly, it sounds as though we are up against some interesting foes - Ogryn and Kroot! This will definitely be an important fight for us.Ā 

I mean, SvelkĀ could, attempt to jump pack to Von Caeryd (presumably with a pilot test due to it being in an interior space) but I feel like putting him on his own in the middle of the horde with the eldar guards next to him could end very poorly.