'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

@Necro/Mol: Hmm, I was viewing it as positioning data letting them know where the enemy is and therefore hit them better/hard rather than moving in any faster… but yeah, Hit rolls would be equally valid to represent that too… tell you what, I'll let you guys choose (for the Team as a whole rather than individuals, too complicated! :D) which you'd prefer, reroll failed Hit Rolls or Dam rolls?

I'd vote for reroll failed hits personally, considering we potentially have a lot of chaff we may need to chew through to get to Von Caeryd. Unsure what we'd like to do with our remaining cohesion points, but Vesalius has a squad mode ability that allows for rerolled damage rolls for 1 rounds at a cost of 4 cohesion. However, I'm willing to bet bolter charge will be of more value (more dakka!).

Edit: then again, with how accuracy works in DW, re-roll damage might be better.

Edited by Necronaut

I mean, Svelk could, attempt to jump pack to Von Caeryd (presumably with a pilot test due to it being in an interior space) but I feel like putting him on his own in the middle of the horde with the eldar guards next to him could end very poorly.

Odysseus could pull Svelk back (his squad mode allows players to take a reaction to 'undo' their movement at the end of their action) - but it is perhaps not an efficient use of cohesion.

Placeholder filled, little gift for Vesalius if he wants it.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-1/?p=5718465

I am inclined to say the re roll on to hits, rerolling damage is nice, but if you have missed you get no benefit from it, while if you have hit with something that would not have, then you can still deal some damage.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-1/?p=5718465

I am inclined to say the re roll on to hits, rerolling damage is nice, but if you have missed you get no benefit from it, while if you have hit with something that would not have, then you can still deal some damage.

Ooh, I like that with the Photon, great little bit of narrative potential! :)

Excellent, I've got all the Initiatives so I'll get the Round 1 Info up as soon as I can!

Class act!

Edit: yes Vesalius will take the grenade.

Edited by Necronaut

Round 1 is up! (Gotta say, Odysseus' Fear tests went pretty well for you, may help with target priorities at least! :D)

Edit: Forgot to say, I've put Vesalius out where he's hidden, but I won't penalise him for distance with regard to joining Squad Modes, etc, we'll assume he's used to working in a more spread out fashion?

Alright, let's get this Bolter Assault out of the way and then see where we are..!

EDIT: To give greater clarity, it might make sense to declare our Bolter Assault Actions and not our standard actions initially

Edited by Commissar Molotov

Alright, let's get this Bolter Assault out of the way and then see where we are..!EDIT: To give greater clarity, it might make sense to declare our Bolter Assault Actions and not our standard actions initially

Agreed, that would be very helpful. You can do your Bolter Assault action in any order so anyone feel free to jump in!

Once we've got the first few characters' Actions up I'll post a Round Summary and keep it updated so you know where you're at!

Alright, let's get this Bolter Assault out of the way and then see where we are..!EDIT: To give greater clarity, it might make sense to declare our Bolter Assault Actions and not our standard actions initially

Agreed, that would be very helpful. You can do your Bolter Assault action in any order so anyone feel free to jump in!

Once we've got the first few characters' Actions up I'll post a Round Summary and keep it updated so you know where you're at!

Sorry, did not see the edit, sould I remove and save for later my normal action? 

Sorry, did not see the edit, sould I remove and save for later my normal action?

No, it should be ok as you are next in line in Initiative anyway, but maybe if everyone else can just do the BA Actions first, then I can slot your Turn in, then do the first enemy Action?

Well I'm a bit torn. Vesalius will likely throw a frag grenade at Horde 1, but then he has the option of either going after Ogryn C or Ranger F, and getting either tied up in combat could be beneficial (plus I want to put those breaching shears to work!).

Well I'm a bit torn. Vesalius will likely throw a frag grenade at Horde 1, but then he has the option of either going after Ogryn C or Ranger F, and getting either tied up in combat could be beneficial (plus I want to put those breaching shears to work!).

Well, if it helps with your choice, circumstance permitting I am inclined to have a go at the Ogryn C next round.

Crud, something else I should have said, both Rangers will start off Concealed so will need an Opposed Concealment/Awareness Test to spot... (I'm not 100% sure that's the right way to handle concealed targets in Structured Rounds, if anyone knows better, please let me know?)

Also, from what I understand of the map Vesalius is close enough to one of the "steps" that F wouldn't have direct line of sight.

With regards to the Eldar, I would perhaps omit them from the map until they've successfully been spotted - at which point the information is exloaded to the other squad members. That's not to say that the Eldar couldn't hide themselves again later.

Trokair - just a note that Bolter Mastery is a Solo Mode skill, and that Lead by Example doesn't apply during the Bolter Assault. (I don't think either affects your hits and misses.)

With regards to the Eldar, I would perhaps omit them from the map until they've successfully been spotted - at which point the information is exloaded to the other squad members. That's not to say that the Eldar couldn't hide themselves again later.

Gah, exactly what I should have done... :(

Ok, well, you know they're up on the last level somewhere, but until someone spots them (perhaps if/when they shoot, Awareness v Concealment Test?) we'll say the location of the markers on the map is pure conjecture rather than targeting data...

Trokair - just a note that Bolter Mastery is a Solo Mode skill, and that Lead by Example doesn't apply during the Bolter Assault. (I don't think either affects your hits and misses.)

Ah, must have misunderstood something at some point re Bolter Mastery, thanks for correcting.

As for Follow the Leader, I remember know, just wasn’t thinking earlier, will edit now.

Edited by Trokair

Crud, something else I should have said, both Rangers will start off Concealed so will need an Opposed Concealment/Awareness Test to spot... (I'm not 100% sure that's the right way to handle concealed targets in Structured Rounds, if anyone knows better, please let me know?)

Vesalius failed his perception check to spot them; going to charge Ogryn C, though a strong argument could be made for Vesalius staying hidden a while longer.

Nice!

NB. Just noticed, I think your Str Bonus might be wrong, it should be even...? Double the first digit of your Str, plus 2 for power armour?

Fixed my damage and Str bonus (I got the rules confused between DW and BC for how unnatural modifiers are calculated).

I was going to change my post to have Vesalius attempt to hide himself in the shadow of the power generator just to his north, but decided to stick with the rip & tear.

edit: I hope I haven't given away the tactical advantage. :/

Edited by Necronaut