'To Plunder the Stars Themselves' OOC Thread

Lysimachus

Well a lot seems to have happened today, I’ll try and have rolls and in character responses up as soon as possible.

Edit:

First old placeholder filled. It is not as detailed or extensive as I no doubt had in mind when I placed the placeholder, but it fulfill its roll on a story long since moved on.  

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/370180-to-plunder-the-stars-themselves-episode-2/?p=5740946

Edited by Trokair

Also, just saw your edit, Sobek.

To clarify, are you saying you'll go after Ganger F and Orphiel and Brynjarr should go after E and D?

I have moved up to within a meter of guard E just behind the edge of that corner before you hit the cone from the spot light. I will jump him and neutralize him. Then I will sneak my way around the edge along the wall and take out guard F. 

the others can take care of the remaining guard allowing us to confront the group around holger from two directions.

It did occur to me that we could utilise the Sisters' vehicles, although you would think that the Convent would find it highly suspicious that the returning force made no vox contact at all. The hidden entrance that was mentioned does still seem like a safer option.

As for recovering the vehicles for the Iron Gods, the STC suggests that the rhino chassis would be Astartes-sized, it is possible that they have human-sized seats, fittings, etc.

One or two rhinos are certainly a prize. 
since we probably can‘t / shouldn’t drive them back to the convent anyway, it‘s actually nice that a baseline human could drive it… 

after this, we should move the shuttle somewhere else anyway and the mortals could hide it away with the shuttle somewhere to  await  our return. They can hide the rhinos for a later recovery while they are at it.

As for recovering the vehicles for the Iron Gods, the STC suggests that the rhino chassis would be Astartes-sized, it is possible that they have human-sized seats, fittings, etc.

The sisters mk3 rhinos (witch hunters era plastics) are actually more spacious than the regular astartes mk2. They were a heresy era design that the marines rejected as being a larger (taller) target.

It did occur to me that we could utilise the Sisters' vehicles, although you would think that the Convent would find it highly suspicious that the returning force made no vox contact at all. The hidden entrance that was mentioned does still seem like a safer option.

I think that it's a given that the patrol have reported our presence back to the Convent. We haven't jammed comms and the Immo and the Rhino both had eyes on Decimus at least

@Beren: Given that Svelk has jumped down off the Immolator into the Sister, I'm happy for him to get the +10 to his WS for Higher Ground, which gives you a Hit?

Look fine to me! Although you haven't posted a Concealment Roll for the second attack... but maybe once you take out the second guy you're not hiding any more, so that might have been deliberate?

And that was some damn impressive sneaking and stabbing! :D

@BC - Why did Decimus drop his Heavy Bolter to fire his Bolt Pistol? Space Marines are ambidextrous and the Heavy Bolter has a suspensor. He could have fired the Bolt Pistol in his left and carried the Heavy Bolter in his right hand.

I don't think it mattered too much, tbh. He still wiped out 2 full-wound Sisters! :D

Also, I'm not 100% sure re your Bolter Assault post, was that at Sister B? (She made her Dodge save anyway so it's not a big deal)