Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

I agree that the majority of fans buy the models before the rules. If rules really were the guiding light, you wouldn't see so many new BT players go straight out and buy Land Raider Crusaders.

That's because there's no better terrain feature than a beautiful LRC that absorbs 1/8 your point limit.

Keep defeated in local casual games, is one of the biggest cause of quit the faction you play, and/or quit 40K.

"Competitive" is not a bipolar black or white choice. There are many many situations between "pro player" and "didn't played a 2000pts matched game yet".

Agreed it’s not but I think people have a distorted perception of the size of the competitive community and its effect on sales if something isn’t great in its current rules iteration

The Original point though was that if the rules bad it’ll hurt sales but the worst they can be is standard intercessors with more options that look better? which is already great in this edition

Edited by BladeOfVengeance

Ironically, to make primaris crusader kits selling, the first thing GW need to do on rules is : nuke the 15pts classic crusader.

If cheaper older unit exist, it will obviously harm the sale of primaris crusaders.

I honestly doubt that you’d be surprised how little most of the player base cares about rules or at least competitive play and just loves new gorgeous models

Especially after 16 ish years of waiting for some

I would VERY much dispute that.

Yeah, no, I have to agree with the others on that one ML, the tournament scene is actually much smaller than the pure hobbiest scene, like MUCH smaller lol.

He didn't say anything about tournament players. He said people who care about the rules are much smaller group than the hobbyist. And I will take that argument to my grave.

Hobbyists care about the rules too, as most people want to at least do the mental exercises of going through the rules, building a list, and developing a game plan to play a game, even if some don't actually do it.

Plus, I know that a new dedicated BT rulebook was requested more than new BT models were on the community survey by a wide margin. Could it be that the hobbyist simply did not fill the survey out? Maybe.

Ironically, to make primaris crusader kits selling, the first thing GW need to do on rules is : nuke the 15pts classic crusader.

If cheaper older unit exist, it will obviously harm the sale of primaris crusaders.

I honestly doubt that you’d be surprised how little most of the player base cares about rules or at least competitive play and just loves new gorgeous models

Especially after 16 ish years of waiting for some

I would VERY much dispute that.
Yeah, no, I have to agree with the others on that one ML, the tournament scene is actually much smaller than the pure hobbiest scene, like MUCH smaller lol.

He didn't say anything about tournament players. He said people who care about the rules are much smaller group than the hobbyist. And I will take that argument to my grave.

Hobbyists care about the rules too, as most people want to at least do the mental exercises of going through the rules, building a list, and developing a game plan to play a game, even if some don't actually do it.

Plus, I know that a new dedicated BT rulebook was requested more than new BT models were on the community survey by a wide margin. Could it be that the hobbyist simply did not fill the survey out? Maybe.

Very possible, a TON of people that play this game have almost 0 online participation, they don't join forums and don't even follow all the edition updates. The silent majority still reigns true lol. Survey's are a terrible way to indicate the interest of a base, I know I for one never participate in them, and I'm sure there are plenty like me. 

Now, if you ask the ONLINE community about rules and books, then yes sure, your results are going to favor your interpretation because the target audience that survey is hitting then are people that are already online looking up strategies or points or what have you, so they are by nature already seeking that competitive edge. 

I agree that the majority of fans buy the models before the rules. If rules really were the guiding light, you wouldn't see so many new BT players go straight out and buy Land Raider Crusaders.

As a new BT collector who is about to spray his new Land Raider Crusader, I feel so attacked right now.

But totally agree that models usually are a bigger driving factor than rules. 

It's not an attack, I did the same thing.

It seemed only logical to me since 1) Crusaders were developed by the Templars. 2) There was the really nice replacement doors on the original upgrade frame. And 3) Land Raider are cool.

Will intresting to see what the rumoured vehicle upgrade sprue looks like.