Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

What about using using Black Templar contrast over a Leadbelcher base coat for a metallic shine? Has anyone tried that?

Yes, looks like this. No highlights or anything yet. It's barely metallic, looks like an off-black, has a certain appeal.

i61IL01.jpg

I LOVE it! Dark but with just enough metallic shine to stand out. Think that will be my paint scheme if I start a BT army.

I LOVE it! Dark but with just enough metallic shine to stand out. Think that will be my paint scheme if I start a BT army.

Cheers :)

I specifically used Vallejo Metal Colors "Exhaust Manifold" airbrushed over black primer, but it's more or less exactly the same color as Leadbelcher. I just love the VMC paints for brush coverage and ability to easily airbrush them.

Check out warhammer community, boys.

Primaris Neophytes with embarrassing squire haircuts are on the menu.

The haircuts on the Neophytes are amazing, not only are they representative of how monks wore their hair back in the day, they also mimic the neophytes hair in the 4th edition codex. 

Also, never thought a bunch of guys would care about hairstyles so much..... 

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUCn8BPIC4S/?utm_medium=copy_link

Bits from the rumored vehicle upgrade sprue sighted; multi melta and some decorative bits on the repulsor.

But remember everyone, GW definitely isn't releasing a Sword Brethren squad as alleged by the same rumors-- which have continuously proven to be accurate, because there's already a sword brother in the crusader squad so there's absolutely no way they're releasing one

Edited by Mmmmm Napalm

I'm liking the fact that there are also 2 LR's in the picture!

Hoping they managed to train BT primaris to board firstborn vehicles and vice versa.

It shouldn't be too hard:

Bro techmarine to bro noob Mc Teuton:

"Here push that lever and the machine advances, you need not worry about any other directions, the crusade always advances foreward!"

Bits from the rumored vehicle upgrade sprue sighted; multi melta and some decorative bits on the repulsor.

But remember everyone, GW definitely isn't releasing a Sword Brethren squad as alleged by the same rumors-- which have continuously proven to be accurate, because there's already a sword brother in the crusader squad so there's absolutely no way they're releasing one

Yeah, no way those rumours are right.

At least I hope they aren't all right, the AT one was depressing

I don't put any stock in the assaultcessor with the red trim. That's just some clown at GW who doesn't know what they are doing and following "the codex" and when have we ever done that? As I said on the Implausible Nature discord GW also painted BGV as Initiates so I don't put any stock into their paint jobs.

Yeah, no idea how/why people are getting so confused about the sword brother, too many neophytes now a days lol

So, while adding a multi-melta as an option instead of the default stubber on most vehicles may seem awesome at first, I think this is actually bad lol. Vehicles are already considered bad, and points sinks not worth taking. We now have an option to just make them more expensive, without adding to their durability (based off of what we have seen, I understand that something can be included in that supplement to change this). 

So between that, and MINIMUM 10 man crusader squads, our supplement is already appearing to be a weak meta choice, however, I could be 100% wrong.

Yeah, no idea how/why people are getting so confused about the sword brother, too many neophytes now a days lol

I remember when we weren't coddling up to mutant psykers. I remember the days of the Black Tide. I remember when our heroes came in metal, not Failcast.

Who are you calling a neonate :D

Very interesting look on that Repulsor. The multimelta is of course yet another rumor down the hatch. And the confirmation of new updated upgrade bits makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Very interesting that they're going all in on the red weapons. Even on the tanks main barrel

Really love how we've gone from a single studio painted black templar primaris model, to what looks to be sizeable force.

Edited by Reinhard

Very interesting look on that Repulsor. The multimelta is of course yet another rumor down the hatch. And the confirmation of new updated upgrade bits makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.

Very interesting that they're going all in on the red weapons. Even on the tanks main barrel

Really love how we've gone from a single studio painted black templar primaris model, to what looks to be sizeable force.

yeah broadly speaking I like red weapons on infantry, but I think red cannons on tanks and stuff is a bit much.

Haven't been following the trim debate but I assume that all Close Support is getting red trim? That's why Outriders and Assault Intercessors are red, just like the Assault Squad of old. 

Assault intercessors are only red in the Marine codex, because the Marine codex and codex compliant chapters see them as "close support"

For us, the Assault intercessors are just initiates, so they should have black trim.

Haven't been following the trim debate but I assume that all Close Support is getting red trim? That's why Outriders and Assault Intercessors are red, just like the Assault Squad of old. 

Assault intercessors are only red in the Marine codex, because the Marine codex and codex compliant chapters see them as "close support"

For us, the Assault intercessors are just initiates, so they should have black trim.

Has that been stated officially post-Primaris or just believed?

I remember some people wondering if the Marshal was wearing an actual surcoat, and looking at the reveal video in slow-motion shows he actually is, which is a very pleasing detail!

(Link to 1:10 in where a backshot can be seen)

https://youtu.be/C7fTOsNykZw?t=70

It's pretty clear a bit further on that the SwordBro isn't, but not everything can be perfect, right? Plus with that cape, it wouldn't be visible (or paintable post assembly) anyway

I don't think it will ever be stated officially, as no army really has "official" markings, just suggestions. 

For me, it makes sense, as BT are not codex compliant, so it doesn't matter what the codex says about unit markings, I just go off of the 4th ed book. 

I don't think it will ever be stated officially, as no army really has "official" markings, just suggestions. 

For me, it makes sense, as BT are not codex compliant, so it doesn't matter what the codex says about unit markings, I just go off of the 4th ed book. 

Understood, I'm sure based on the promo material been released they will show Close Support (Codex compliant.) having red. Obviously don't have to follow but it will probably be in the supplement. 

Edited by Bradeh