Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

While being so unhappy with the vows - the 2 litanies we have already seen are absolutely great. I hope there is a way for us to recite litanies a bit easier - like on a 2+ or with reroll. Ancient breviary treatment.

If the rumor about 5++ is true then we can field a lot of troops which would be awesome.

It's 5++ invul/3+ transhuman army wide. Including vehicles. Confirmed.

That relic that ignores AP -1 and 2 sounds even better with an army wide 5++ to deal with ap 3 and higher. Would that 5++ make something like a LRC playable, at least?

And at least with suffer not, it doesn't limit us to only the assault doctrine being active, yah? I'll still take AAC or uphold any day over it though. Maybe abhor if I'm playing against my cousin's GKs.

Edited to avoid double post.

Edited by Urkh

While being so unhappy with the vows - the 2 litanies we have already seen are absolutely great. I hope there is a way for us to recite litanies a bit easier - like on a 2+ or with reroll. Ancient breviary treatment.

If the rumor about 5++ is true then we can field a lot of troops which would be awesome.

Well it seems like I found the perfect Vow for my Dreadnought+Terminator list, transhuman lite on every Terminator and an invulnerable save for every dreadnought? LETS FREAKIN GO!.

Well it seems like I found the perfect Vow for my Dreadnought+Terminator list, transhuman lite on every Terminator and an invulnerable save for every dreadnought? LETS FREAKIN GO!.

This vow sounds amazing compared to the others. Redemptors are going to be brutal.

Seeing as SB have normal power weapons and no option for shields what justifies them against Bladeguard? Both aimed to using an Impulsor, maybe they will cost around 25 points? 

Edited by Bradeh

The moment have come brothers, tomorrow will be the dawn of pre orders and reviews of the box. We are moments away from the rules being released into the wild. I am going to miss this thread as it had been a fun ride and hope that it will birth many crusades in the Emperor's name.

Here's to the teasers and rumours being fulfilled and to the future rumours of the next primaris wave that will eventually come to us.

Here's to trying to order while at work via my phone. Fingers crossed I don't end up on the "made to order" list.
Mine says ‘pre-order’ does that mean I made the cut?
Yes. I think. They did two seperate listings for Octarius and one was made to order.

I'm pretty pleased with what was revealed today. The forced charge aspect is a little fiddly, but the way these vows are split makes me think we might get a strat, relic, or WT trait that lets us ignore the passion side for a unit, so you can play around in that space a little. It's prime design space for a 1 CP strat to ignore the down sides for a phase or turn.

Other than that, it's exciting to see Knights of Sigismund without the charge restriction, especially in a world of Necron and Ork T5. Between that, the mortal wounds output, and the restructuring of Divine Push, it feels like they're shoring up some of our 8th weaknesses while making us play less cheesy and more solidly. We needed reliable mortal wounds output, now we have some. We have targeted rerolls that let us operate away from characters. And it looks like some of the fat in our Litanies list was trimmed out for actual usable things. I'm already seeing some gold here. The highest points might have been trimmed down a bit, but it looks like our lowest are coming way up.

So they might include rules in the codex to mitigate crippling mechanics and removals introduced in the new codex.

Cool, I hope that is the actual case and that there is some gold to play with rather than the questionable new stuff that has been presented so far.

Even a we know you play the current playstyle is X but our goal is Y style of statement would be nice.

It doesnt mention if the invulnerable lasts for a turn like the Abhor the Witch movement buff, unless it gets amended fast that really does mean all kinds of Dreadnoughts will get a 5++ for the whole game. This and Accept Any Challenge are the best Vows, this is just pure gold.

Uphold is definitely strong. Arguably too strong. Then again I am just a bit less excited about rules like this that just slap durability buffs onto everything. One or two grinder armies in the game is fine, every army getting to be a grinder army is a slog.

The moment have come brothers, tomorrow will be the dawn of pre orders and reviews of the box. We are moments away from the rules being released into the wild. I am going to miss this thread as it had been a fun ride and hope that it will birth many crusades in the Emperor's name.

Here's to the teasers and rumours being fulfilled and to the future rumours of the next primaris wave that will eventually come to us.

Here's to trying to order while at work via my phone. Fingers crossed I don't end up on the "made to order" list.

ditto

That's my first time pre ordering stuff on games workshop and I still see nothing. Can someone tell me if it's region lock ? And the release is later for western europe ?

Yes, usually around 10am local time.

I really like the vows, at least from a fluff perspective. Each really makes sense for the Black Templars, and so do the passions.

Accept any Challenge: We're a chapter of knights and swordsmen, closing with the enemy to kill them in close combat is basically our m.o. Plus, by keeping our extra attack throughout the combat it emphasises our sustained aggression. And as for the passion, if we fall back then we clearly haven't "accepted any challenge" since we'd be backing down.

Abhor the Witch: we hate them and want to kill them, getting closer at the start of the battle and making sure we hit in combat makes sense. And why would we focus on an action like collecting information or raising a flag when we have a filthy witch nearby that needs killing?

Suffer Not: we hate xenos and lots of them are incredibly tough, we want to make sure our blows count. And if we don't suffer them to live, it's also unsurprising if our zeal makes us attack the nearest foe in sight.

Uphold the Honour: Divine protection granted by the grace of Him on Earth, links nicely with our mortal wounds defence and since the Emperor is protecting us, why would we use cover?

Now they aren't necessarily all super competitive, but as far as fluffy rules go, I think they're pretty great.