Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Personally a bit bummed about the combat patrol, great for someone building a new army but for me it’s all stuff I’ll already have. I was hoping bladeguard or a SB squad would make it in. Edited by Amocat

My shopping list so far:

Lunchbox, *

Extra crusader squad box

Sword brethren box x2

Assault intercessors

Upgrade sprue set

Grimaldus

Helbrecht

Castellan

Apothecary

Indomitus captain, chappy and maybe lieutenant and BGV

And I steal some firstborn BT bitz from my stasis vault

* I have decided against paying extra for FOMO. I have waited years already. I can wait a bit longer. I will pick up the miniatures from the box sans the dreadnought upon ordinary release.

Well not quite all, right? The upgrade kit, crusaders, and marshal are all new sculpts. Doesn’t mean you’d need the box, of course.

Well yeah, but since im getting the starter box and already have a couple impulsors and tons of intercessors its less of a bargain personally than Id hoped. Still, just me griping out loud, its a killer deal for a new army build.

My shopping list: 

Lunchbox

Helbrecht

Grimauldus

2 crusader squads

2 sword bretheren

2 upgrade sprues

one more box of Bladeguard depending on how they look in the new codex, which Im betting is still great.

there is a rumor that Uphold VOW is a 5++ and transhuman "light" (wounding on max. 3+) but passion seems never get light cover

That seems really good, hopefully turns out to be true.

Lunchbox preorder available very soon, anyone know the pricing for it?

I’m looking at:

-lunchbox

-Helbrecht

- Grimaldus

- sword brethren x 2

I’m going to be sooo sick of magnets by the time I’ve finished building the SB but I want to give myself as many weapon options as possible.

125 (s)quid for uk aparently.

For me, priceless.

Can confirm. Owner of my FLGS posted the pre-orders, it's 200 USD

No Ancient coming. Apparently the one Valrak saw in the supplement was Maxime's converted one, not a released model.

Just means I need to make my own then :lol:

Its Ok Valrak, there's nothing a couple of years in the Pain Glove cant fix. Except heresy but we have bolters for that.

Well it seems like this release is going to be absolutely awesome, I love every model, some more than others but converting and kit bashing can fix that. So overall Im satisfied and I cant wait to see what new combos and strategies we can come up with, sad that all the playing spaces at stores are closed but c'est la vie. 

My shopping list for November is just Helbrecht, Grimaldus, 3x Sword Brethren boxes and an upgrade kit. From the looks of it the SB kit is full of extra goodies so they'll be perfect to kit bash with my extra 10 Assault Intercessor to see what I end up doing with them.

Too bad GW didn't make that standard bearer. It'd be perfect.

YIgiGDTm.jpg

tbh... never liked the gamemechanics (too powerful in 8th) and there already too much of them. 

The only thing I wished for (as I expected a new ancient model) was a new named character. 

I am not punished for not having that model - especially I prefer the new Castellan way more.

Personally I'm glad that no design space was used for a unique Ancient, but that's because I despise standard bearers with all my heart. 40k might be all about that space fantasy aesthetic but they're still so damn ridiculous to see on the field to me. I was afraid that it'd come out with an insanely cool rule and I'd be stuck between suffering because I'm losing out on a cool rule, or suffering because I'm fielding one.

Problem solved!