Black Templar Teaser and Rumors

Acebaur

Really really hard to please the BT crowd here, yeesh

Nah, there's always a bunch of naysayers and fairweather players hanging about. It's also an annoying human habit that people who are happy post much less than those that are unhappy. I'll wager that the vast majority is just glad to go back to having their own book, rules be damned.

And some just want to play the next big power army.

Its almost as if there was something behind Laeroths "we will have to rethink" whenever rules discussions started rdvolving around DP

Here is what I'm "rethinking".

Buy BT models.

Paint them black.

Call them "counts as Blood Angels"

:-D

That's asking for a Crusade.
At the very least it's a paddlin'.
Aye, but we'd need a Chaplain to do that.

Well get ready to pay up buddy because they do have Smokescreen!

Really? I've had it confirmed elsewhere that they do NOT have smokescreen.

Well get ready to pay up buddy because they do have Smokescreen!

Really? I've had it confirmed elsewhere that they do NOT have smokescreen.

Primaris ones don't but the normal ones do. Though the normal ones only have one wound neophytes and can't have transhuman unlike the primaris ones.

Trust me when I say there are several viable ways to make large Primaris (or otherwise) crusade squads quite survivable.

Edited by Waaagh?

Hey, 9x19. Can you please tone down the aggressive and vulgar negative hyberbole? It's pretty obnoxious to read, I don't come here for more of the "everything is :cuss" message.

I'm not being aggressive. I am being hyperbolic. Since you asked nice, sure.

The thing is, *I* really don't care if BT are subpar.  I just don't like when people are not realists about the data/info they've been given.

Today's spoiled vow *is not* good. It may be that the new codex has a special rule that says "If you chose this Vow, at the end of deployment, all your models have been deployed, you win the game!" But it probably doesn't.  We can play the "there might be other stuff" game all day.  Any and all of it is conjecture until we see the whole codex, yes.  But that is presently what we have to talk about it.

Edited by 9x19 Parabellum

I think the general consensus is that the models are amazing. Like almost too good to believe until the sprues are in your hand.

The rules are confusing right now because most of the parts that are being teased are weak in isolation and not very cohesive.

As has been said by those who have seen the book, all will become clear once we have access to the full rule set.

I think the general consensus is that the models are amazing. Like almost too good to believe until the sprues are in your hand.

The rules are confusing right now because most of the parts that are being teased are weak in isolation and not very cohesive.

As has been said by those who have seen the book, all will become clear once we have access to the full rule set.

Agreed. To help mitigate my seeming negativity, let me say the models are AMAZING.  (minus thicc boi). And I want the rules to reflect the amazing models, so that they are worth taking over the currently meta models (like, having a reason to take Crusader squad over Intercessors....having a reason to take SB over BGV). etc.

I concur, it doesn't disappoint.

Says the Templar who pioneered 5 Templar Crusader squads...

Hahaha, I’m not sure what this means?

Sorry, on mobile and mistook who I was replying to. Laeroth pioneered MSU Crusader squads a couple editions ago. Edited by Fulkes

Says the Templar who pioneered 5 Templar Crusader squads...

Hahaha, I’m not sure what this means?
Sorry, on mobile and mistook who I was replying to. Laeroth pioneered MSU Crusader squads a couple editions ago.

Got it. Yeah, I remember them being great in a Razorback with special AND a heavy weapon from 7th Ed into beginning of 8th

The moment have come brothers, tomorrow will be the dawn of pre orders and reviews of the box. We are moments away from the rules being released into the wild. I am going to miss this thread as it had been a fun ride and hope that it will birth many crusades in the Emperor's name.

Here's to the teasers and rumours being fulfilled and to the future rumours of the next primaris wave that will eventually come to us.

I think SNtUtL could be very interesting with an impulsor rush. If you use the impulsors to tag units first, the tagged units don’t count. The (presumably) small sized units benefit from skipping a roll if the vow proc’s and we see from Fires of Devotion (shock assault prayer that stacks with shock assault and AAC) that there’s ways to really buff the units.

Strange.

I might end up skipping the lunch box afterall. Am tempted to just skip the FOMO price markup on launch, wait and buy the combat patrol box instread. More plastic in the later box. :blink.:

The moment have come brothers, tomorrow will be the dawn of pre orders and reviews of the box. We are moments away from the rules being released into the wild. I am going to miss this thread as it had been a fun ride and hope that it will birth many crusades in the Emperor's name.

Here's to the teasers and rumours being fulfilled and to the future rumours of the next primaris wave that will eventually come to us.

Here's to trying to order while at work via my phone. Fingers crossed I don't end up on the "made to order" list.

Its almost as if there was something behind Laeroths "we will have to rethink" whenever rules discussions started rdvolving around DP

Here is what I'm "rethinking".

Buy BT models.

Paint them black.

Call them "counts as Blood Angels"

:-D

BA are really bad. One of the weakest chapters I think.

Here's to trying to order while at work via my phone. Fingers crossed I don't end up on the "made to order" list.

Mine says ‘pre-order’ does that mean I made the cut?

While being so unhappy with the vows - the 2 litanies we have already seen are absolutely great. I hope there is a way for us to recite litanies a bit easier - like on a 2+ or with reroll. Ancient breviary treatment.

If the rumor about 5++ is true then we can field a lot of troops which would be awesome.