bit more  progress on the pred made. need to weather the stripes a bit. thing was realizing most of my paints had completely dried solid... need a run to the toystore...

20210912 212711

Edited by Brother nathan

no real progress but did fire most of my models together for a half decent group shot or two to give a idea what ive done and have yet to do and learned where i need to replace a lot of weapons and probably do weapon swaps to be legal at some point but will cross that bridge in the future

mostly done models

20210913 192940

and with most the rest- missing hellbrute and current warlord and a few tanky conversion pieces to come...

20210913 193541

cheers muchly appreciated.

so for todays share i found my missing warsmith, albe it with his halbard broken... sigh. needs a rusting and touch up and some work but this is my base for my main boss for now anyway. did also find my deamon prince but he is back in the box for another time.. anyway if anyone has any recommends for weapon... the iron warriors axe looks pretty tasty... 

20210915 121128

20210915 121115

20210915 121110

20210915 121106

update on axe for warsmith. its not an ultimate product but ive a load of gears and stuff to plan out a better one in time but think ill wait for next codex cause i dont trust gw...

20210921 214431

and the dread head was bothering me so i replaced it... much much more fitting

20210921 214505

The Lord certainly looks good and I think you found a sweet spot to use that old Warsmith servo arm on.

With the new Helbrute head, I would suggest cutting away the back of it, so that it fits more easily into the slot where the previous head was located. Right now it seems to be sticking out just a bit too much.

The Lord certainly looks good and I think you found a sweet spot to use that old Warsmith servo arm on.

With the new Helbrute head, I would suggest cutting away the back of it, so that it fits more easily into the slot where the previous head was located. Right now it seems to be sticking out just a bit too much.

cheers i appriciate it.  yeah was struggling to get in enough and not pop right trough and be lost to its bowels. may try again just to get that wee bit further in.... should have done it when i got the model, i knew i should have then but didnt stupidly but sure. 

bit more  progress on the pred made. need to weather the stripes a bit. thing was realizing most of my paints had completely dried solid... need a run to the toystore...

Lovely looking pred, super rusty. Got any more pics?

thanks. not with me but will take some tomorrow in between shifts. i still dont feel like its done but also think it needs to earn kill marks and such rather than un earned details... i likel my models to evolve and earn such too. but im still relatively where ive gotten this rescue job to as it was in pretty bad nick when i rescued it, sponsons broken off and such and had to rebuild weapons and such to make it look servicable (hence why chaos got it not my angels. )

Grimy. Like the attention to detail on the underside also, not many people would do that!

thanks i appriciate it. i also like it adding an extra element for destruction and personalisation. need to do some smole and such for when it gets wrecked and flipped stick the cotton belind the sponsons should give a decent effect. find it quite fun doing this stuff to the iron warriors that i never would on my storm angels. may do a little when i eventually revisit them...

• 2 weeks later...

cheers! not much progress as i realized that the only decently viable short term army i have are still my nids so mostly working on organizing them and seeing what changes i need to make to them. (modeling edits i own everything they need) just to relearn the game. however no pics but i have begin work on the vindicator(is now mostly metallic bar the top plate as i need to chaosify it... ) and the hell brute head is now metallic, pushed back slightly but i do like the look of straining to get out of his tomb... feel like hes too dirty but im sure i can knock him back up if so. also decided to redo the piping on my iron warriors to black... black and yellow if i can manage striping em. why... so if any units have a mark they can be painted to stand out with piping matching their marks... (because im not going to modify many models and will mostly signify it with paint scheme.

I really like the work you've done on that Predator, weathering is something I've never really succeeded at so it always looks special to me when done well. It's also a great example of how Iron Warriors can avoid the large block of colour look that can often come with a metallic base :tu:

• 1 month later...

been a bit. no real progress to report as mostly been focusing on my nids which have had their first game in years. have poked a little paint at my helbruit but nothing im happy with tbh. however im my grumbling i have picked up a vex machinator off ebay so awaiting that to maby get my focus back. have been trying to figure best way to get the bits i need for a decent force and atm ill prob mostly wait til new dex unless i get good deals on the things i need. mostly looking for daemon engines, but taking it slow as im sure before id finish wel will likely need a new dex. may dig out the star wars model i was hoping to convert to a chaos flyer... 

and thanks. think i couldn't get that vehicle to a happy place til i figured out the rust. stripes and such are one thing but cant have the necron aesthetic of not a lot override. 

• 2 weeks later...

decided to do some work on my srcatch chaos flyer conversion iv been planning for years. got stuck pretty quickly as i cant decide profile, what do you think woorks best and what should  aim to arm/build it as? thoughts ideas an inspiration all welcomed at this point. 

20211129 150828

20211129 150837

20211129 150851

20211129 150926

20211129 150950

current feedback from elsewhere recon this frame..(gaps wo be filled wtih plasticard etc. am tinking to use the forgeworld chaos bomber rules... hell talon?)

20211130 202245

Edited by Brother nathan

cheers! worked it out now before ralised its a bit broken but ive been ploughing on. work looks like ill shortly be working from home sop hopefully make lots of progresss paint wise on my nightshifts. currently doing a few cultists  but a bit of progres to share  anyway as i got some new ebay saves and such. more to come but current update is this...

20211212 113203

current edition they defintely seem to be. trying to build with options so that if that changes im not high and dry. . although it looks likel autocannons are a blagh weapon this edition for my havocs. anyway heres last nights progress

20211213 141035

20211213 141040

and a shot of my currently painted cultists. have another batch in with me tonight to crack on with if work isnt too busy... 

20211213 141420